Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Photobucket Alternative
1 2
@Jessaboo and @ShadowsAsunder, I don't recommend tinypic. Just a few years ago they had lots of trouble with images being deleted or replaced. If you're put of by the age of some of the services being recommended here, tinypic is pretty old too.
@Jessaboo and @ShadowsAsunder, I don't recommend tinypic. Just a few years ago they had lots of trouble with images being deleted or replaced. If you're put of by the age of some of the services being recommended here, tinypic is pretty old too.
lohf4Mo.png
I'll back up the recommendation for using St.ash. It can support larger file sizes than most, and they're all right there 8V Nobody can see them unless you link the stash folder/link itself.

I use it exclusively now.
I'll back up the recommendation for using St.ash. It can support larger file sizes than most, and they're all right there 8V Nobody can see them unless you link the stash folder/link itself.

I use it exclusively now.
AScq6qj.png
Animation + More!!! Art Sales
Wishlist || SnowyBlink Adopt Shop
Blep Bean Adopt Shop || Lore-Building Challenge!
Official Ice Subspecies Organizer!
It's AlyxSandre, not Alyxandre!
I also would not recommend TinyPic. They're owned by Photobucket.
I also would not recommend TinyPic. They're owned by Photobucket.
Bookend_Left.pngSpring_Gems_s.pngSpring_Bath_s.pngSpring_Candle_s.pngSpring_Vase_s.pngSpring_Insence_s.pngSpring_Soap_s.pngSpring_Towel_s.pngBookend_Right.png
SpringsSong, not SpringSong
She/Her/Hers
Eternal Spring Leveling
I can vouch for st.ash (though I use imgur often and I've never had any problems with it :0 )

So is photobucket changing their ToS the reason that like 70% of the art forums or forum signatures etc. anything I'm seeing on site rn has that 'upgrade ur account' thing blocking practically every image I see around? (Or is that only messed up for certain users like me that don't have a photobucket account?)

It's been driving me nuts to see everything broken and also just... y'know. See the artist pages/bios/userpages get totally messed around by that.
I can vouch for st.ash (though I use imgur often and I've never had any problems with it :0 )

So is photobucket changing their ToS the reason that like 70% of the art forums or forum signatures etc. anything I'm seeing on site rn has that 'upgrade ur account' thing blocking practically every image I see around? (Or is that only messed up for certain users like me that don't have a photobucket account?)

It's been driving me nuts to see everything broken and also just... y'know. See the artist pages/bios/userpages get totally messed around by that.
@Artificiary I just learned today about the unfortunate happenings with PB. I would have gladly paid a fee to use it, but do I have $400 as pocket change? No.

I'm looking into st.ash as I already have a dA, but can you make folders in it? I like to have some organization. If not, is there any sites that do? I was poking around st.ash and didn't see any way to organize images.
@Artificiary I just learned today about the unfortunate happenings with PB. I would have gladly paid a fee to use it, but do I have $400 as pocket change? No.

I'm looking into st.ash as I already have a dA, but can you make folders in it? I like to have some organization. If not, is there any sites that do? I was poking around st.ash and didn't see any way to organize images.
tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.pngAvyQk6b.png

Female ~ US ~ Water Flight. My name is Adam, and I proudly take care of my Steel Crest Clan! I love WoW, snakes, Sailor Moon and Pokemon~ Feel free to hit me up for trading, dragon breeding, or even just a chat. Roleplay friendly! Please pingaling me~

i ' m w i s h i n g f o r -- Crimson Leg Silks!
I use Postimg (or Postimage I think it's also called). I used to use Imgur, but then they tried to make me create an account, which was just irritating, because it didn't used to require an account.

And I don't use Tinypic because as others have said, it's owned by Photobucket.

But Postimage is good- it allows you to resize your image, and you can set whether or not you want your image to expire eventually. I haven't had problems yet.
I use Postimg (or Postimage I think it's also called). I used to use Imgur, but then they tried to make me create an account, which was just irritating, because it didn't used to require an account.

And I don't use Tinypic because as others have said, it's owned by Photobucket.

But Postimage is good- it allows you to resize your image, and you can set whether or not you want your image to expire eventually. I haven't had problems yet.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
@MalyssaWisteria I don't know if anyone's mentioned this already, but you can have "folders" in a sense on st.ash. If you drag images on top of each other, it will automatically "stack" them into a folder. Also if you upload more than one image at once, it will stack them automatically. Also, you can have stacks inside stacks, like folders inside folders.

The downside is, to unstack or unsort images, you have to hover over each individual image and click "Move Up" in the box that pops up around it to remove from the stack. It can get tedious if you have to unsort a bunch out of a stack, but luckily it doesn't mess with your links at all.

Hope that helps!
@MalyssaWisteria I don't know if anyone's mentioned this already, but you can have "folders" in a sense on st.ash. If you drag images on top of each other, it will automatically "stack" them into a folder. Also if you upload more than one image at once, it will stack them automatically. Also, you can have stacks inside stacks, like folders inside folders.

The downside is, to unstack or unsort images, you have to hover over each individual image and click "Move Up" in the box that pops up around it to remove from the stack. It can get tedious if you have to unsort a bunch out of a stack, but luckily it doesn't mess with your links at all.

Hope that helps!
Sta.sh is definitely the only thing I'll ever use.. I've heard good things about imgur, though I've always gotten too confused when trying to use it ^^'
Sta.sh is definitely the only thing I'll ever use.. I've heard good things about imgur, though I've always gotten too confused when trying to use it ^^'
**Please ping me Rahkali, not Rakhali!**

xxxxxx xxx xxxxx xxx xxxxxx xxxx x xxxxx xxxx x x xxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxx
z0HlerP.png
@Terpsichoria Heya imguri is pretty good but it's also goo to know that images that surpass a certain size will be converted to jpeg and their quality will drop.!

I love imguri in terms of usefulness but I didn't know this and ended up having to use something else to send a bunch of large commissions I've made.
@Terpsichoria Heya imguri is pretty good but it's also goo to know that images that surpass a certain size will be converted to jpeg and their quality will drop.!

I love imguri in terms of usefulness but I didn't know this and ended up having to use something else to send a bunch of large commissions I've made.
1 2