Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Photobucket Alternative
1 2
Photobucket Alternative.

If like me, you were using Photobucket for your forum signatures, etc, you will see that they now charge an absurd price for that services. A crazy price considering you can do the same thing at Flickr for free.

Here is a blog post that outlines how to host your images at Flickr instead, and get the embed code needed to use them in our forums, etc.

http://edtechconfidential.tumblr.com/post/162903952659/alternative-to-photobucket

m
Photobucket Alternative.

If like me, you were using Photobucket for your forum signatures, etc, you will see that they now charge an absurd price for that services. A crazy price considering you can do the same thing at Flickr for free.

Here is a blog post that outlines how to host your images at Flickr instead, and get the embed code needed to use them in our forums, etc.

http://edtechconfidential.tumblr.com/post/162903952659/alternative-to-photobucket

m

35816681276_a871bdc8a0.jpg
@ShadowsAsunder I also highly recommend imgur. It's the best quick upload site I've ever used for photos.
@ShadowsAsunder I also highly recommend imgur. It's the best quick upload site I've ever used for photos.
I recommend ezimba, it's never failed me.
I recommend ezimba, it's never failed me.
8WgC0V2.jpg
@Revolutionary
But be aware, Ezimba deletes images after 30 days and should not be used for longtime storage.
@Revolutionary
But be aware, Ezimba deletes images after 30 days and should not be used for longtime storage.
I cannot recommend imgur anymore, since I've had problems with a file size limit that seems to be very small. As an artist, that can ruin the quality of images.

Now I'll just use deviantArt; they have a service called sta.sh that lets you host images privately at any size. Never had a problem with it that wasn't at my own fault.
I cannot recommend imgur anymore, since I've had problems with a file size limit that seems to be very small. As an artist, that can ruin the quality of images.

Now I'll just use deviantArt; they have a service called sta.sh that lets you host images privately at any size. Never had a problem with it that wasn't at my own fault.
teRaSHFw_o.pngeuDTIgez_o.png
Ezimba is great for image conversion, but I don't think for permanent storage of images you want to use long-term (such as an image in your signature).

Imgur seems good, though I have not used it much. But, be wary... they were started in 2009. Most startups like them (e.g. Photobucket) eventually do one of three things, 1) they become insolvent and the site disappears, 2) they are bought out by someone else, 3) they start charging money. As we have seen with Photobucket...

That is why I recommend Flickr to teachers and students at work. Its business model is different than that of a start up, and it probably have more long-term sustainability than a startup.
Ezimba is great for image conversion, but I don't think for permanent storage of images you want to use long-term (such as an image in your signature).

Imgur seems good, though I have not used it much. But, be wary... they were started in 2009. Most startups like them (e.g. Photobucket) eventually do one of three things, 1) they become insolvent and the site disappears, 2) they are bought out by someone else, 3) they start charging money. As we have seen with Photobucket...

That is why I recommend Flickr to teachers and students at work. Its business model is different than that of a start up, and it probably have more long-term sustainability than a startup.

Hi @ShadowsAsunder, I am currently using Tinypic. So far it's been pretty good and you can make albums.
Hi @ShadowsAsunder, I am currently using Tinypic. So far it's been pretty good and you can make albums.
Jessica - FR +2
CEvzoxE.gif]nNxirvT.gif
@jessaboo I will check that one out!
@jessaboo I will check that one out!

Is there a way to get transparent backgrounds on flickr?
Is there a way to get transparent backgrounds on flickr?
They/Them FR+2
Suggest making an account on imgur and use them cause I could save some of my imgur posts. Alternatively, you can make a tumblr side blog just for this stuff and just right click > copy image link so long as you have access to the full size image you use.
Suggest making an account on imgur and use them cause I could save some of my imgur posts. Alternatively, you can make a tumblr side blog just for this stuff and just right click > copy image link so long as you have access to the full size image you use.
Not all that active but really casual. -w-)b
[+3 FR Time]
1 2