Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [GUIDE] The Sedona Build | NO ELIMINATE!
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 54 55
@EeveeDream No worries, just thought I'd mention that! This is a great build, I've been really impressed with it! Also I have a spare tincture or two if I need to reset him, so no harm done~.
@EeveeDream No worries, just thought I'd mention that! This is a great build, I've been really impressed with it! Also I have a spare tincture or two if I need to reset him, so no harm done~.
im posting taht to bookmark your thread but bless, thats a godsend
im posting taht to bookmark your thread but bless, thats a godsend
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o2_r1_100.gif
Vela (they/them)
Feel free to ping me, however I do not accept
friend requests if I barely know you. Sorry !

.:. rarely active lately .:.
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o1_r1_100.gif
hey yall i've noticed there's nothing about the mire on the first post so i went and tested my favorite venue!

@EeveeDream i'm pinging you in case you are looking for mire info i guess
FODDER LEVELING

my team was made of a nature battle cleric in the left, an earth messy sedona (str 105, def 25, qck 80, vit 30) in the middle and fodder on the right

typical battle beginning went like this:
  1. CLERIC: meditate/contuse/envenom
  2. CLERIC: rally sedona*
  3. SEDONA: scratch/sap
  4. SEDONA: scratch/sap
  5. SEDONA: scratch/sap
  6. CLERIC: meditate/contuse/envenom
  7. i often needed to rally again using either the cleric or the sedona
  8. *when facing mobs weak to nature, i'd envenom twice (different enemies) and use the sedona to scratch/scratch/rally

i actively used the cleric to fight (as it was meant to). my sedona has rally so sometimes i'd meditate/meditate, meditate/attack or attack/attack
my sedona also has sap but regenerate wasn't redundant - i used both depending on the situation

about stones:
  • the sedona also has reflect and haste. i didn't feel the need to use either. it may be my style tho (i like to attac)
  • what i really wanted was shred and a slash! earth is a good element on the mire and the extra damage from shred would be very useful

i only timed leveling one dragon (since the first one was already level 2 when i started) so there's not a lot of data, but
  • taking the fodder to level 5 took me 2'57". my flyer on her own can take two dragons to level 5 in 2 minutes. so it wasn't that bad of a time, considering there's no eliminate going on
  • i got to level 6 with it before reaching a wartoad (and couldn't handle it bc my mage had died the round before) - i never manage to time myself from 1-7, something always happens. anyway, average battle time was 36 seconds. with a flyer that's 20 seconds

GRINDING

then i tested a three dragon team: cleric, earth messy sedona, light messy sedona.

my light sedona has sap, shred, a slash and guard. guard wasn't used at all since i had two saps and one regen, but if i got unlucky i'd prolly use it to protect my cleric while she heals

average battle time was 35 seconds. using just the cleric and a flyer had an avg of 18 seconds (WOW)

typical turn order:
  2. CLERIC: rally sedona 2*
  3. SEDONA 1: rally self
  4. SEDONA 1: scratch/sap
  5. SEDONA 2: scratch/sap/shred/slash
  6. SEDONA 2: scratch/sap/shred/slash
  7. SEDONA 1: scratch/sap
  8. SEDONA 2: scratch/sap/shred/slash
  9. CLERIC: meditate/contuse/envenom
  10. *same as when leveling fodder

is the sedona time efficient? not as much as the flyer - which takes half the time and is much more straightforward. however, a mire flyer is A) expensive B) not really versatile. i've found from experience that it can't really handle the ruins or the beds, much less the workshop. it's good for lazy people like me to level up quick, but if speed is not priority then a flyer is A+

also, the battle cleric is a fantastic mage along the sedona! it's a little glassy in comparison, but still good. mages are cool peeps

oh, and give ur sedonas shred. the extra damage is neat
i still wanna test leveling in the workshop, to see if a sedona is an alright replacement for the warrior tank (the str is the same and i think the sedona's higher qck would compensate for the lower def)

i experimented a bit on the ruins using the grinding team and it was pretty good, back to back bosses weren't an issue at all. it also seems fine to level fodder with the cleric + the light sedona

this is my info for now :)
hey yall i've noticed there's nothing about the mire on the first post so i went and tested my favorite venue!

@EeveeDream i'm pinging you in case you are looking for mire info i guess
FODDER LEVELING

my team was made of a nature battle cleric in the left, an earth messy sedona (str 105, def 25, qck 80, vit 30) in the middle and fodder on the right

typical battle beginning went like this:
  2. CLERIC: rally sedona*
  3. SEDONA: scratch/sap
  4. SEDONA: scratch/sap
  5. SEDONA: scratch/sap
  6. CLERIC: meditate/contuse/envenom
  7. i often needed to rally again using either the cleric or the sedona
  8. *when facing mobs weak to nature, i'd envenom twice (different enemies) and use the sedona to scratch/scratch/rally

i actively used the cleric to fight (as it was meant to). my sedona has rally so sometimes i'd meditate/meditate, meditate/attack or attack/attack
my sedona also has sap but regenerate wasn't redundant - i used both depending on the situation

about stones:
  • the sedona also has reflect and haste. i didn't feel the need to use either. it may be my style tho (i like to attac)
  • what i really wanted was shred and a slash! earth is a good element on the mire and the extra damage from shred would be very useful

i only timed leveling one dragon (since the first one was already level 2 when i started) so there's not a lot of data, but
  • taking the fodder to level 5 took me 2'57". my flyer on her own can take two dragons to level 5 in 2 minutes. so it wasn't that bad of a time, considering there's no eliminate going on
  • i got to level 6 with it before reaching a wartoad (and couldn't handle it bc my mage had died the round before) - i never manage to time myself from 1-7, something always happens. anyway, average battle time was 36 seconds. with a flyer that's 20 seconds

GRINDING

then i tested a three dragon team: cleric, earth messy sedona, light messy sedona.

my light sedona has sap, shred, a slash and guard. guard wasn't used at all since i had two saps and one regen, but if i got unlucky i'd prolly use it to protect my cleric while she heals

average battle time was 35 seconds. using just the cleric and a flyer had an avg of 18 seconds (WOW)

typical turn order:
  2. CLERIC: rally sedona 2*
  3. SEDONA 1: rally self
  4. SEDONA 1: scratch/sap
  5. SEDONA 2: scratch/sap/shred/slash
  6. SEDONA 2: scratch/sap/shred/slash
  7. SEDONA 1: scratch/sap
  8. SEDONA 2: scratch/sap/shred/slash
  9. CLERIC: meditate/contuse/envenom
  10. *same as when leveling fodder

is the sedona time efficient? not as much as the flyer - which takes half the time and is much more straightforward. however, a mire flyer is A) expensive B) not really versatile. i've found from experience that it can't really handle the ruins or the beds, much less the workshop. it's good for lazy people like me to level up quick, but if speed is not priority then a flyer is A+

also, the battle cleric is a fantastic mage along the sedona! it's a little glassy in comparison, but still good. mages are cool peeps

oh, and give ur sedonas shred. the extra damage is neat
i still wanna test leveling in the workshop, to see if a sedona is an alright replacement for the warrior tank (the str is the same and i think the sedona's higher qck would compensate for the lower def)

i experimented a bit on the ruins using the grinding team and it was pretty good, back to back bosses weren't an issue at all. it also seems fine to level fodder with the cleric + the light sedona

this is my info for now :)
Sol | they/them art shop | tumblr | neocities
@soII -

Nice update and explanations and times given. You are correct that the Sedona build isn't meant to be as fast as any dragon equipped with eliminate; it is meant to allow people without eliminate to be able to level and farm at their leisure at a much lower price point.

Possibly mix in an eliminate equipped dragon and watch the farming/grinding times really drop down from what you posted.

As you mentioned about the battle cleric, it is a little on the glassy side, but the option to that is to stat and stone a cleric like the Sedona build.

Another option that I am polishing up for presentation is: a support dragon specifically for farming/grinding sessions - High QCK and INT, kind of Sedona-like numbers (leaning towards a cleric and/or mage ( what's in a name?)) that can throw a regen or heal to the fighter or battle mage... I will have other people testing for me to provide feedback.
@soII -

Nice update and explanations and times given. You are correct that the Sedona build isn't meant to be as fast as any dragon equipped with eliminate; it is meant to allow people without eliminate to be able to level and farm at their leisure at a much lower price point.

Possibly mix in an eliminate equipped dragon and watch the farming/grinding times really drop down from what you posted.

As you mentioned about the battle cleric, it is a little on the glassy side, but the option to that is to stat and stone a cleric like the Sedona build.

Another option that I am polishing up for presentation is: a support dragon specifically for farming/grinding sessions - High QCK and INT, kind of Sedona-like numbers (leaning towards a cleric and/or mage ( what's in a name?)) that can throw a regen or heal to the fighter or battle mage... I will have other people testing for me to provide feedback.
These are not the droids you are looking for... However, I may have a dragon you are looking for...(message me to inquire)
72eb0cf20918b4b957ec32b06e9832d272c3619f.png
Thank you for the information and input, you guys!!
Thank you for the information and input, you guys!!
@quattronius

yeah, i shouldn't really compare builds with different purposes but it's a bit inevitable. i think the only way to speed it up would be to pick a good element and add a slash

mages can be rather tricky to balance; too much DEF/VIT and you lose INT and have to rely too much on contuse :/ we should have a mage elim ig. anyway, good luck w your build!
@quattronius

yeah, i shouldn't really compare builds with different purposes but it's a bit inevitable. i think the only way to speed it up would be to pick a good element and add a slash

mages can be rather tricky to balance; too much DEF/VIT and you lose INT and have to rely too much on contuse :/ we should have a mage elim ig. anyway, good luck w your build!
Sol | they/them art shop | tumblr | neocities
I'm thinking of statting two non-Tinctured Level 10 fighter dragons. How does 52 STR and 22 QCK sound at this level?
I'm thinking of statting two non-Tinctured Level 10 fighter dragons. How does 52 STR and 22 QCK sound at this level?
JGnDE4d.gif
@radiantace
Do they have any augments? That changes what their stats can be at level 10!
@radiantace
Do they have any augments? That changes what their stats can be at level 10!
Two Might Fragments each right now. @EeveeDream
Two Might Fragments each right now. @EeveeDream
JGnDE4d.gif
@radiantace
Culex's guide recommends stats of 50 STR and 25 QCK at level 10, but I'm not sure how the lower QCK would affect your dragons.
@radiantace
Culex's guide recommends stats of 50 STR and 25 QCK at level 10, but I'm not sure how the lower QCK would affect your dragons.
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 54 55