Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Apparel layering ideas [+dyed clothes]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28
@Melova hello yes i have a fun party trick [b]Combo name[/b]: Blooming Magic Hats [b]Category[/b]: Magic [b]Does it work on all breeds?*[/b] No [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: Bogsneaks, Fae F, Nocturne M, Skydancer F, Snappers, Spirals [b]Questionable on[/b]: Coatls, Fae M**, Guardian M**, Imperials**, Tundras [b]Best on[/b]: Guardian F, Mirror M, Nocturne F, Pearlcatchers, Ridgebacks, Skydancer M, Wildclaws [columns][b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=4&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=22410,2503,17902&xt=dressing.png[/img][nextcol] [b]Apparel[/b]: Sage: [item=green lace headpiece] [item=marigold flower crown] [item=mage's thicket hat][/columns] [b]Combos[/b]: [columns]Heartened: [item=sweetheart lace headpiece] [item=red rose flower crown] [item=mage's peony hat] [nextcol]Cocoa: [item=sepia lace headpiece] [item=sakura flower crown] [item=mage's walnut hat] [nextcol]Edgelord: [item=black lace headpiece] [item=red rose flower crown] [item=mage's midnight hat] [nextcol]Dark Halo: [item=moonlight lace headpiece] [item=black tulip flower crown] [item=mage's ivory hat] [nextcol]Lapis: [item=buttercup lace headpiece] [item=marigold flower crown] [item=mage's sapphire hat] [nextcol]Fruity: [item=pastel lace headpiece] [item=sakura flower crown] [item=mage's cranberry hat][/columns] [b]Notes[/b]: Pairing the Marigold Flower Crown with Mage's Midnight/Cranberry/Sapphire/Peony/Walnut Hat and Green/Buttercup Lace Headpiece; as well as the Black Tulip Flower Crown with Mage's Nightshade Hat and Ash/Moonlight Lace Headpiece will match the trim on the hat, but the crowns may blend in with the hat too much. I couldn't think of a good one for the Mage's Nightshade Hat that wouldn't repeat and by this point I spent an hour on this post so *Almost all the breeds look really good if you'd just take off the flower crown but what's the point. Conversely, taking off the lace headpiece makes like 90% of the "it works!" ones cease to work. ** Looks okay if you pretend that the back half of the flower crown that clipped through the hat is the front part. This denial works better for some breeds than others.
@Melova hello yes i have a fun party trick

Combo name: Blooming Magic Hats
Category: Magic

Does it work on all breeds?* No
Doesn't work on: Bogsneaks, Fae F, Nocturne M, Skydancer F, Snappers, Spirals
Questionable on: Coatls, Fae M**, Guardian M**, Imperials**, Tundras
Best on: Guardian F, Mirror M, Nocturne F, Pearlcatchers, Ridgebacks, Skydancer M, Wildclaws

Picture:
dummy?breed=4&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=22410,2503,17902&xt=dressing.png

Apparel:

Sage:
Green Lace Headpiece
Marigold Flower Crown
Mage's Thicket Hat

Combos:
Heartened:
Sweetheart Lace Headpiece
Red Rose Flower Crown
Mage's Peony Hat
Cocoa:
Sepia Lace Headpiece
Sakura Flower Crown
Mage's Walnut Hat
Edgelord:
Black Lace Headpiece
Red Rose Flower Crown
Mage's Midnight Hat
Dark Halo:
Moonlight Lace Headpiece
Black Tulip Flower Crown
Mage's Ivory Hat
Lapis:
Buttercup Lace Headpiece
Marigold Flower Crown
Mage's Sapphire Hat
Fruity:
Pastel Lace Headpiece
Sakura Flower Crown
Mage's Cranberry Hat

Notes:
Pairing the Marigold Flower Crown with Mage's Midnight/Cranberry/Sapphire/Peony/Walnut Hat and Green/Buttercup Lace Headpiece; as well as the Black Tulip Flower Crown with Mage's Nightshade Hat and Ash/Moonlight Lace Headpiece will match the trim on the hat, but the crowns may blend in with the hat too much. I couldn't think of a good one for the Mage's Nightshade Hat that wouldn't repeat and by this point I spent an hour on this post so

*Almost all the breeds look really good if you'd just take off the flower crown but what's the point. Conversely, taking off the lace headpiece makes like 90% of the "it works!" ones cease to work.
** Looks okay if you pretend that the back half of the flower crown that clipped through the hat is the front part. This denial works better for some breeds than others.
E180CB7.png Rz7ZJcJ.png
@PKRS
Added it. Thank you!
@PKRS
Added it. Thank you!
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

Qpv2mvo.pngYE53boy.pngSZfmfRv.png
fujRTIl.png
these are super nice and def gave me inspiration!
these are super nice and def gave me inspiration!
b_by_cas_a_fras-d9hbh7h.pngtts_by_cas_a_fras-d9hcuds.png
@Melova

Hi, just letting you know the Jabot combination doesn't work on Guardian females (boo)! Thanks for the awesome guide.
@Melova

Hi, just letting you know the Jabot combination doesn't work on Guardian females (boo)! Thanks for the awesome guide.
kqXHr7Y.png
@Sesei
ah, thank you for noticing. It's been fixed.
@Sesei
ah, thank you for noticing. It's been fixed.
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

fujRTIl.png
@Melova [b]Combo name[/b]: Decorated Antlers [b]Category[/b]: Jewelry [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] No [indent][i](If you picked yes, you can ignore the part in this indent)[/i] [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: Bogsneak M, Coatl M, Coatl F, Fae M, Fae F, Imperial M, Imperial F, Nocturne M, Nocturne F, Pearlcatcher M, Pearlcatcher F, Ridgeback M, Ridgeback F, Skydancer M, Skydancer F, Snapper M, Snapper F, Spiral M, Spiral F, Tundra M, Tundra F, Wildclaw M, Wildclaw F [b]Questionable on[/b]: Guardian M, Mirror M [b]Best on[/b]: Guardian F, Mirror F[/indent] [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=2&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=10369,770&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: [item=Teardrop Citrine Earrings] [item=Tawny Antlers] [b]Combos[/b]: [columns][item=Teardrop Pearl Earrings] [item=Bone Antlers][nextcol][item=Teardrop Lapis Lazuli Earrings] [item=Ebony Antlers][/columns] [b]Notes[/b]:
@Melova

Combo name: Decorated Antlers
Category: Jewelry

Does it work on all breeds? No
(If you picked yes, you can ignore the part in this indent)
Doesn't work on: Bogsneak M, Coatl M, Coatl F, Fae M, Fae F, Imperial M, Imperial F, Nocturne M, Nocturne F, Pearlcatcher M, Pearlcatcher F, Ridgeback M, Ridgeback F, Skydancer M, Skydancer F, Snapper M, Snapper F, Spiral M, Spiral F, Tundra M, Tundra F, Wildclaw M, Wildclaw F
Questionable on: Guardian M, Mirror M
Best on: Guardian F, Mirror F

Picture:
dummy?breed=2&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=10369,770&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:
Teardrop Citrine Earrings
Tawny Antlers

Combos:
Teardrop Pearl Earrings
Bone Antlers
Teardrop Lapis Lazuli Earrings
Ebony Antlers

Notes:

tumblr_owx0mlGX951u3wsjco6_r1_250.png
@Melova
Sorry, on phone and cant link but someone on tumblr did a really cool combo by putting the Ebony Antlers with the Onyx Roundhorn on an Imperial with dark antlers. Bone Antlers work with the Pale Roundhorn too.
They refered to it as Antler Overgrowth. Ive got it on my male imps Whisper and Nightstalker on page 4 of my lair.
@Melova
Sorry, on phone and cant link but someone on tumblr did a really cool combo by putting the Ebony Antlers with the Onyx Roundhorn on an Imperial with dark antlers. Bone Antlers work with the Pale Roundhorn too.
They refered to it as Antler Overgrowth. Ive got it on my male imps Whisper and Nightstalker on page 4 of my lair.
They/Them FR+2
@balthy @Alaia
Thank you, your layerings have been added. Apologies for the delay.
@balthy @Alaia
Thank you, your layerings have been added. Apologies for the delay.

fujRTIl.png
HOLY WOW
HOLY WOW
mkpoaHZ.png
@Melova

You could also do Rock King with the Autumnal or Gilded wreaths. Gilded would even get the gold look going
@Melova

You could also do Rock King with the Autumnal or Gilded wreaths. Gilded would even get the gold look going
mkpoaHZ.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28