Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Apparel layering ideas [+dyed clothes]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28
@Melova This is a great thread! I'll have to keep an eye on it - and I'd also like to contribute something: [b]Combo name[/b]: Rose Mantle (The idea of this combo is to cover up the spiky collar / jewel part of the Rose Thorn Collars with Mantles) [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] No [indent][i](If you picked yes, you can ignore the part in this indent)[/i] [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: Spiral Male, Spiral Female [b]Questionable on[/b]: (Only because a little more of the collar/jewel shows on them to a point where it is not as easy to ignore) Bogsneak Male, Coatl Male, Fae Male, Fae Female (see notes below), Mirror Female, Pearlcatcher Female, Ridgeback Male, Snapper Male, Snapper Female, Tundra Male [b]Best on[/b]: Bogsneak Female (see notes below), Coatl Female (see notes below), Guardian Male, Guardian Female, Imperial Male (see notes below), Imperial Female, Mirror Male, Nocturne Male, Nocturne Female, Pearlcatcher Male (see notes below), Ridgeback Female, Skydancer Male (see notes below), Skydancer Female (see notes below), Tundra Female, Wildclaw Male (minor note below), Wildclaw Female[/indent] [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=10&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=13080,22685&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: [item=red mantle] [item=sanguine rose thorn collar] [b]Combos[/b]: [columns] [center]Red Rose [item=red mantle] [item=sanguine rose thorn collar][/center] [nextcol] [center]White Rose [item=peacebringer's mantle] [item=pristine rose thorn collar][/center] [nextcol] [center]Night Rose [item=mysterious mantle] [item=dusky rose thorn collar][/center] [nextcol] [center]Forest Rose [item=whisperer's mantle] [item=faerie rose thorn collar][/center] [nextcol] [center]Blue Rose [item=twice-dyed mantle] [item=pastel rose thorn collar][/center] [/columns] [columns] [center]Ocean Rose [item=twice-dyed mantle] [item=twilight rose thorn collar][/center] [nextcol] [center]Ice Rose [item=peacebringer's mantle] [item=pastel rose thorn collar][/center] [nextcol] [center]Light Rose [item=peacebringer's mantle] [item=gilded rose thorn collar][/center] [/columns] [b]Notes[/b]: [LIST] [*][u]Fae Female:[/u] A little portion of the jewel from the Rose Thorn Collars shows up beneath their hands. For most combos, the portion of the jewel stands out more, but it is easy to ignore for the following combos: White Rose, Blue Rose, Ocean Rose, and Ice Rose. [*][u]Bogsneak Female:[/u] For Bogsneak Females, you can cover up the spiky collar / jewel with an Aviator Scarf - make sure to layer it between the mantle and the collar (below mantle). [*][u]Coatl Female:[/u] A portion of the jewel shows up on the Coatl Female's arm. To cover this up, you can use Rose Thorn Gloves, Filigree Gauntlets, or Rogue Gloves (whatever you use, make sure to layer it below the mantle and above the rose thorn collar). [*][u]Imperial Male:[/u] A portion of the jewel shows up on the Imperial Male's arm. You can cover this up using Filigree Gauntlets (layer it [i]above[/i] the mantle) or Rogue Gloves (layer it between the mantle and collar). [*][u]Pearlcatcher Male:[/u] A small portion of the spiky collar / jewel shows up on Pearcatcher Males. You can cover this up using an Aviator Scarf (layer it between the mantle and the collar). [*][u]Skydancer Male:[/u] A small portion of the spiky collar / jewel shows up on Skydancer Males. You can cover this up using an Aviator Scarf (layer it between the mantle and the collar). [*][u]Skydancer Female:[/u] A small portion of the spiky collar shows up on Skydancer Females. You can cover this up using an Aviator Scarf (layer it between the mantle and the collar). [*][u]Wildclaw Male:[/u] A very small portion of the spiky collar shows up on the Wildclaw Male's neck. You can choose to ignore this, but if it really bothers you, then you can use an Aviator Scarf to cover it up (layer between the mantle and collar). [/LIST] Lots of notes, yes... Feel free to trim them down if it's a bit too much. ^^' This is pretty fun though, I'll see if I can come up with some other neat apparel layering ideas. :)
@Melova
This is a great thread! I'll have to keep an eye on it - and I'd also like to contribute something:

Combo name: Rose Mantle
(The idea of this combo is to cover up the spiky collar / jewel part of the Rose Thorn Collars with Mantles)

Does it work on all breeds? No
(If you picked yes, you can ignore the part in this indent)
Doesn't work on: Spiral Male, Spiral Female
Questionable on: (Only because a little more of the collar/jewel shows on them to a point where it is not as easy to ignore) Bogsneak Male, Coatl Male, Fae Male, Fae Female (see notes below), Mirror Female, Pearlcatcher Female, Ridgeback Male, Snapper Male, Snapper Female, Tundra Male
Best on: Bogsneak Female (see notes below), Coatl Female (see notes below), Guardian Male, Guardian Female, Imperial Male (see notes below), Imperial Female, Mirror Male, Nocturne Male, Nocturne Female, Pearlcatcher Male (see notes below), Ridgeback Female, Skydancer Male (see notes below), Skydancer Female (see notes below), Tundra Female, Wildclaw Male (minor note below), Wildclaw Female

Picture:
dummy?breed=10&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=13080,22685&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:
Red Mantle
Sanguine Rose Thorn Collar

Combos:
Red Rose
Red Mantle
Sanguine Rose Thorn Collar
White Rose
Peacebringer's Mantle
Pristine Rose Thorn Collar
Night Rose
Mysterious Mantle
Dusky Rose Thorn Collar
Forest Rose
Whisperer's Mantle
Faerie Rose Thorn Collar
Blue Rose
Twice-Dyed Mantle
Pastel Rose Thorn Collar
Ocean Rose
Twice-Dyed Mantle
Twilight Rose Thorn Collar
Ice Rose
Peacebringer's Mantle
Pastel Rose Thorn Collar
Light Rose
Peacebringer's Mantle
Gilded Rose Thorn Collar

Notes:
  • Fae Female: A little portion of the jewel from the Rose Thorn Collars shows up beneath their hands. For most combos, the portion of the jewel stands out more, but it is easy to ignore for the following combos: White Rose, Blue Rose, Ocean Rose, and Ice Rose.
  • Bogsneak Female: For Bogsneak Females, you can cover up the spiky collar / jewel with an Aviator Scarf - make sure to layer it between the mantle and the collar (below mantle).
  • Coatl Female: A portion of the jewel shows up on the Coatl Female's arm. To cover this up, you can use Rose Thorn Gloves, Filigree Gauntlets, or Rogue Gloves (whatever you use, make sure to layer it below the mantle and above the rose thorn collar).
  • Imperial Male: A portion of the jewel shows up on the Imperial Male's arm. You can cover this up using Filigree Gauntlets (layer it above the mantle) or Rogue Gloves (layer it between the mantle and collar).
  • Pearlcatcher Male: A small portion of the spiky collar / jewel shows up on Pearcatcher Males. You can cover this up using an Aviator Scarf (layer it between the mantle and the collar).
  • Skydancer Male: A small portion of the spiky collar / jewel shows up on Skydancer Males. You can cover this up using an Aviator Scarf (layer it between the mantle and the collar).
  • Skydancer Female: A small portion of the spiky collar shows up on Skydancer Females. You can cover this up using an Aviator Scarf (layer it between the mantle and the collar).
  • Wildclaw Male: A very small portion of the spiky collar shows up on the Wildclaw Male's neck. You can choose to ignore this, but if it really bothers you, then you can use an Aviator Scarf to cover it up (layer between the mantle and collar).

Lots of notes, yes... Feel free to trim them down if it's a bit too much. ^^'
This is pretty fun though, I'll see if I can come up with some other neat apparel layering ideas. :)
AFSnGTd.png ShadowWolf2000.gif
S H A D O W W O L F
FR +3
.....................................................................sfox-17291-19_18_24_11_2_2_27_4.png
@Mediscoot @ShadowWolf
Thank you, both have been added
@Mediscoot @ShadowWolf
Thank you, both have been added
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

Qpv2mvo.pngYE53boy.pngSZfmfRv.png
fujRTIl.png
@Melova How about this? [img]http://i.imgur.com/yJyEDmy.png[/img] [item=Black Fedora][item=Black Lace Headpiece] work on all breeds excluding Snapper F,M
@Melova
How about this?
yJyEDmy.png
Black Fedora Black Lace Headpiece
work on all breeds excluding Snapper F,M
@nm8426
Added, thank you
@nm8426
Added, thank you
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

fujRTIl.png
@Melova [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=12&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=943,23080&xt=dressing.png[/img] The cowls and sage covers work well together. Like really well. It fits most breeds okay, but the cover sticks out more on: Fae F (Neck) Imp M (Back of Head) Nocturne M (Looks like he has a ponytail lol) Pearlcatcher F (Another Ponytail) Sprial F (another ponytail) And these are unusable: Tundra M (Doesn't match at all) Tundra F (Clipping issues) Snapper M + F (Odd clipping on the head) Spiral M (Neck too long) Combos: [item=Mysterious Cowl] + [item=dusty sage cover] [item=little red riding hood] + [item=celebration sage cover] [item=whisperer's cowl] + [item=learned sage cover] [item=twice-dyed cowl] + [item=charming sage cover] (For eye-burners at least)
@Melova
dummy?breed=12&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=943,23080&xt=dressing.png

The cowls and sage covers work well together. Like really well. It fits most breeds okay, but the cover sticks out more on:
Fae F (Neck)
Imp M (Back of Head)
Nocturne M (Looks like he has a ponytail lol)
Pearlcatcher F (Another Ponytail)
Sprial F (another ponytail)

And these are unusable:
Tundra M (Doesn't match at all)
Tundra F (Clipping issues)
Snapper M + F (Odd clipping on the head)
Spiral M (Neck too long)

Combos:
Mysterious Cowl + Dusty Sage Cover
Little Red Riding Hood + Celebration Sage Cover
Whisperer's Cowl + Learned Sage Cover
Twice-Dyed Cowl + Charming Sage Cover (For eye-burners at least)
@VoidDeluz
Your layering has been added, thank you
@VoidDeluz
Your layering has been added, thank you

fujRTIl.png
@Melova I love this thread! Here's something I wanna contribute that's hopefully useful <3 There's this way of layering sylvan dresses and samurai armour... I don't know what to call it though, but I'll show you. Example in a complete outfit: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=33753460&skin=0&apparel=23119,22658,15722,15730,15746,12269,331,3685,17268,17241,15709&xt=dressing.png[/img] ----- Examples on mannequin: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=8&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=17265,17243,15714&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=10&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=17267,17242,15713&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=13&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=17270,17244,15715&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=4&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=17264,17240,15714&xt=dressing.png[/img] ----- Doesn't work on: Guardians, Snappers, Imperial female Questionable on: None Best on: All breeds, esp female wildclaws, male imperials, male skydancers, male pearlcatchers (maybe more?) ----- [b]Some combinations:[/b] 1. Lion's set: Ember Sylvan, Scarlet Sylvan, Raven Sylvan 2. Crane's set: Siren Sylvan, Grove Sylvan, Silver Sylvan 3. Butterfly's set: Ember Sylvan, Scarlet Sylvan (maybe? It's quite subjective), Silver Sylvan 4. Cat's set: Ember Sylvan, Scarlet Sylvan, Raven Sylvan 5. Frog's set: 6. Koi's set: Ember Sylvan, Silver Sylvan, more? 7. Swallow's set: 8. Viper's set: Raven Sylvan, more? (I gotta go, I might do some more later if you need, but if you're okay imma leave it like this...?) General rule of thumb: Depending on the dragon's colours, you can actually match the sylvan dresses any way you want. For example, if you have a green and blue dragon, you can go ahead and match Frog's set and Siren Sylvan together.
@Melova

I love this thread! Here's something I wanna contribute that's hopefully useful <3 There's this way of layering sylvan dresses and samurai armour... I don't know what to call it though, but I'll show you.

Example in a complete outfit:
dragon?did=33753460&skin=0&apparel=23119,22658,15722,15730,15746,12269,331,3685,17268,17241,15709&xt=dressing.png

Examples on mannequin:
dummy?breed=8&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=17265,17243,15714&xt=dressing.png

dummy?breed=10&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=17267,17242,15713&xt=dressing.png

dummy?breed=13&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=17270,17244,15715&xt=dressing.png

dummy?breed=4&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=17264,17240,15714&xt=dressing.png

Doesn't work on:
Guardians, Snappers, Imperial female

Questionable on:
None

Best on:
All breeds, esp female wildclaws, male imperials, male skydancers, male pearlcatchers (maybe more?)

Some combinations:

1. Lion's set: Ember Sylvan, Scarlet Sylvan, Raven Sylvan
2. Crane's set: Siren Sylvan, Grove Sylvan, Silver Sylvan
3. Butterfly's set: Ember Sylvan, Scarlet Sylvan (maybe? It's quite subjective), Silver Sylvan
4. Cat's set: Ember Sylvan, Scarlet Sylvan, Raven Sylvan
5. Frog's set:
6. Koi's set: Ember Sylvan, Silver Sylvan, more?
7. Swallow's set:
8. Viper's set: Raven Sylvan, more?

(I gotta go, I might do some more later if you need, but if you're okay imma leave it like this...?)

General rule of thumb: Depending on the dragon's colours, you can actually match the sylvan dresses any way you want. For example, if you have a green and blue dragon, you can go ahead and match Frog's set and Siren Sylvan together.

Hello, I used to be @/Azcazach :)
FRT+16

———
College student & tired artist — please be patient if I am a bit slow. Please PM me if I miss out your pings and other stuff.
BdnO4NA.png
@Azcazach
oh, damn. That's actually surprisingly neat
Thank you
@Azcazach
oh, damn. That's actually surprisingly neat
Thank you

fujRTIl.png
@Melova this is great also in the second to last post it's spelled witcraft instead of witchcraft and now my suggestion: [size=5][b]Head-shaped birdskull[/b][/size] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=5&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=268,9835,276&xt=dressing.png[/img] Any wing apparel that covers the wing part behind the head well can fit(like birdskull wingpieces). Hat optional to cover the large forehead. [b]Doesn't work on:[/b] pretty much everyone [b]Questionable on:[/b] someone test if female imperials, male pearlcatchers, female spirals and male wildclaws fit [b]Best on:[/b] ridgeback f, skydancer f
@Melova this is great
also in the second to last post it's spelled witcraft instead of witchcraft
and now my suggestion:
Head-shaped birdskull
dummy?breed=5&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=268,9835,276&xt=dressing.png
Any wing apparel that covers the wing part behind the head well can fit(like birdskull wingpieces). Hat optional to cover the large forehead.
Doesn't work on:
pretty much everyone
Questionable on:
someone test if female imperials, male pearlcatchers, female spirals and male wildclaws fit
Best on:
ridgeback f, skydancer f
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
@Melova the flowering gladeboughs pair pretty nicely with the sepia collars :0c [b]Combo name[/b]: Flowering Collar [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] Yes [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=3&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=23292,22657&xt=dressing.png[/img][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=2&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=23292,22657&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: [item=Flowering Gladeboughs] [item=Sepia Rose Thorn Collar]
@Melova the flowering gladeboughs pair pretty nicely with the sepia collars :0c

Combo name: Flowering Collar

Does it work on all breeds? Yes

Picture:
dummy?breed=3&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=23292,22657&xt=dressing.pngdummy?breed=2&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=23292,22657&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:
Flowering Gladeboughs
Sepia Rose Thorn Collar
[LvA] Public Buy[LvA] OOF Raffle[LvA] OOF Hub[LvA] IF Raffle[LvA] Illuminarti
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28