Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Apparel layering ideas [+dyed clothes]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28
@Melova You can layer a birdskull headdress under a sage cover to get an interesting look - though it does not quite work on all breeds as sometimes the birdskull pokes out of the sage cover. I have an example on my avatar right now and here's the fullsize: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16781765] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/167818/16781765_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Melova
You can layer a birdskull headdress under a sage cover to get an interesting look - though it does not quite work on all breeds as sometimes the birdskull pokes out of the sage cover.

I have an example on my avatar right now and here's the fullsize:

16781765_350.png
JQQ3Fjt.png
@RedWillia
Thank you. Your layering has been added
@RedWillia
Thank you. Your layering has been added
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

Qpv2mvo.pngYE53boy.pngSZfmfRv.png
fujRTIl.png
Oh my god this is brilliant I'll be keeping an eye on this!
Oh my god this is brilliant I'll be keeping an eye on this!
0JEQL3a.png
@Melova [b]Combo name[/b]: fluffy mage (or something?) [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] No [indent] [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: bogsneaks, female snappers, female wildclaw s [b]Questionable on[/b]: fae males (questionable purse strap placement), imperials (may need to adjust layers), mirror males (same), nocturne males (yup), pearlcatcher females (again), ridgeback males (eyup), spirals (sensing a theme here), [b]Best on[/b]: coatls, guardians, mirror females, noc ladies, PC males, ridgie females, skydancers, snipsnop males, tundras, wildclaw males [/indent] [b]Picture[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16394880] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/163949/16394880_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Apparel[/b]: [columns][item=pink wooly antennae] [item=mage's peony hat] [nextcol][indent] [item=mage's peony bag] [item=pink wooly coat] [item=mage's peony overcoat] [/columns] [b]Combos[/b]: [outfit=64658] [b]Notes[/b]: wooly antennae + mage's hats give the appearance of feathery, decorated hats. wooly coats and purse straps look cool - when the art makes sense. I'm a fan of ALL THE APPAREL but that's really not necessary here. (also, example derg has silks, but upon testing most silk pieces actually clash [i]horribly[/i], so I do not recommend them.)
@Melova

Combo name: fluffy mage (or something?)

Does it work on all breeds? No
Doesn't work on:
bogsneaks, female snappers, female wildclaw s

Questionable on:
fae males (questionable purse strap placement), imperials (may need to adjust layers), mirror males (same), nocturne males (yup), pearlcatcher females (again), ridgeback males (eyup), spirals (sensing a theme here),

Best on:
coatls, guardians, mirror females, noc ladies, PC males, ridgie females, skydancers, snipsnop males, tundras, wildclaw males

Picture:

16394880_350.png

Apparel:
Pink Wooly Antennae
Mage's Peony Hat
Mage's Peony Bag
Pink Wooly Coat
Mage's Peony Overcoat

Combos:
floof mage

Notes:
wooly antennae + mage's hats give the appearance of feathery, decorated hats.

wooly coats and purse straps look cool - when the art makes sense. I'm a fan of ALL THE APPAREL but that's really not necessary here.

(also, example derg has silks, but upon testing most silk pieces actually clash horribly, so I do not recommend them.)
water_ani.gif
@Palatine
Thank you. The layering has been added
@Palatine
Thank you. The layering has been added
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

fujRTIl.png
[b]Combo name[/b]: Antlered Sparrow [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] No [indent][i](If you picked yes, you can ignore the part in this indent)[/i] [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: Ridgeback F [b]Questionable on[/b]: Coatl F, Nocturne M, Nocturne F, [b]Best on[/b]: all others, especially those facing right or forward (Wildclaws, Tundra M, Fae F)[/indent] [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=1&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=768,281&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: [item=Bone Antlers] [item=Brown Birdskull Headdress] [b]Combos[/b]: [item=Bone Antlers] [item=Bone Antlers] [item=Ebony Antlers] [item=Brown Birdskull Headdress] [item=White Birdskull Headdress] [item=Bleak Birdskull Headdress] [b]Notes[/b]: The Bone Antlers can go with any color Headdress except Bleak.
Combo name: Antlered Sparrow

Does it work on all breeds? No
(If you picked yes, you can ignore the part in this indent)
Doesn't work on: Ridgeback F
Questionable on: Coatl F, Nocturne M, Nocturne F,
Best on: all others, especially those facing right or forward (Wildclaws, Tundra M, Fae F)

Picture:
dummy?breed=1&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=768,281&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:
Bone Antlers
Brown Birdskull Headdress

Combos:
Bone Antlers Bone Antlers Ebony Antlers
Brown Birdskull Headdress White Birdskull Headdress Bleak Birdskull Headdress

Notes:
The Bone Antlers can go with any color Headdress except Bleak.

tumblr_owx0mlGX951u3wsjco6_r1_250.png
@balthy
Thank you. It's been added
@balthy
Thank you. It's been added

fujRTIl.png
Gah! So awesome! @Tekrock @Sophiera check this out
Gah! So awesome! @Tekrock @Sophiera check this out
tDeKDnH.pngDokVw6f.png66rws2U.png
super awesome thread!
super awesome thread!
iLa7XQZ.png
Time spent amongst trees is never wasted time.

tumblr_inline_o0txwexaVY1tqyuge_250.png
S0upYuW.png71MmSto.pngrh5IpZ0.png
@Melova [b]Combo name[/b]: Gilded Headdress [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] Yes [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=15716,3698&xt=dressing.png[/img][item=diaphanous sylvan headpiece] [item=golden silk veil] [b]Combos[/b]: Diaphanous Sylvan + Golden, Ember Sylvan + Golden, Silver Sylvan + Night Sky, Scarlet Sylvan + Crimson, Twilight Sylvan + Crimson, Grove Sylvan + Celadon, etc [b]Notes[/b]: Layers great with the NotN Headdresses, Thorn Crowns, Glasses, Chillspike Crown, etc! The veil also can go on top of the headpiece to add a jewel.
@Melova

Combo name: Gilded Headdress

Does it work on all breeds? Yes

Picture:
dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=15716,3698&xt=dressing.png Diaphanous Sylvan Headpiece
Golden Silk Veil

Combos:
Diaphanous Sylvan + Golden, Ember Sylvan + Golden, Silver Sylvan + Night Sky, Scarlet Sylvan + Crimson, Twilight Sylvan + Crimson, Grove Sylvan + Celadon, etc

Notes:
Layers great with the NotN Headdresses, Thorn Crowns, Glasses, Chillspike Crown, etc! The veil also can go on top of the headpiece to add a jewel.
tumblr_paowz6ygV51s79fpho3_400.png Mediscoot's Projects and Quests
NPC Color Guide
Monthly Coliseum Challenge Thread
Big Book of FR Memes
Currently Questing:
Frigid fugitive shackles
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28