Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | WIP do not post (lore clans)
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/9qgfTBh.png[/img][/center] [center][color=#bcbcbc][size=6][font=book antiqua]so you want to have a lore clan?[/font][/size][/center] ---------------- [font=book antiqua][size=4]This guide's aim is to [b]help you craft your lore clan.[/b] At the moment, I'm one of those people who have all their ideas in their head and can't sit down and write them all. This guide is not to motivate you to write, or tell you to write. Rather, it is to offer suggestions on how to make your own lore clan. So you can sit back and read instead of stressing with your fingers hovering over the keys.
9qgfTBh.png

so you want to have a lore clan?

This guide's aim is to help you craft your lore clan. At the moment, I'm one of those people who have all their ideas in their head and can't sit down and write them all. This guide is not to motivate you to write, or tell you to write. Rather, it is to offer suggestions on how to make your own lore clan. So you can sit back and read instead of stressing with your fingers hovering over the keys.
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
the basics

name
Your clan needs a fitting name. When choosing a name, pick a name with meaning. It could reference a famous saying within your clan, it could be a fancier description of the clan itself, or it could be something else. But I really do stress that it should have some meaning. Don't just pick a clan like Clan of The Fires. The name isn't very appealing, and you can't glean much information at all from it. What do you know about this Clan of The Fires? It's a fire lair, and it has fire in it. Amazing! Instead, try to change it: Clan of The Eternal Forgemasters. This suggests that your clan has immortal dragons who are metalworkers or otherwise experienced wielders of flame. My clan's name is Heavencrest: The Asylum. It's a floating island very high up in the sky that also serves as an asylum for strange dragons. This could be assumed from the title!

origin story
How was your clan formed: how did the dragons in your clan get together, how did they pick that plot of land (or are they a traveling clan? hmm) that they now call home? How did they choose the leaders? Questions like these are going to be essential in determining what your origin story will be. Try to make it interesting! Ideas that intrigue the reader (wouldn't it be cool to read about a clan like this?) are the best. A clan with a mission to catalog every single plant in Sorineth, formed from a ragtag group of explorers who sought to conquer the newly discovered island off the coast of Ice territory. A clan whose inhabitants met in an attempt to become better cooks, and work all year on one dish and then battle every Riot of the Rot to make a meal that would impress the Plaguebringer herself. Did I mention that they're terrified of getting sick and constantly wash their claws? Quirks like this that contrast with the rest of the clan are great, and truly add flavor into the story.

population
Very simple. State your statistics! How many lore dragons do you have? Those are the ones involved in your lore, while all the others in your lair are not part of this lore clan (i assume).

government
Who runs your government? Do you have a king or queen who rules solely, or a king and queen who rule equally? Do you have presidents that are elected? Do you have chiefs that are drawn randomly? Is it a democracy, a dictatorship? Anarchy, tyranny, oligarchy? You'll want to define this as well as those who holds the power. Make sure to note whether the citizens approve of this government, or despise it. Maybe some do and some don't. It depends!

laws
Time to craft some laws. Are there laws against violence? Laws about travel? Laws about breeding, laws about marriage, laws about slavery. Laws restricting weapons. Take a look at the constitution if you really want to get serious. I ain't gonna list all the laws for you since there are many options for you to choose from. Whatever fits and makes the most sense with your clan is what you should go for, whether this means agreeing with traditional laws or disagreeing.
the basics

name
Your clan needs a fitting name. When choosing a name, pick a name with meaning. It could reference a famous saying within your clan, it could be a fancier description of the clan itself, or it could be something else. But I really do stress that it should have some meaning. Don't just pick a clan like Clan of The Fires. The name isn't very appealing, and you can't glean much information at all from it. What do you know about this Clan of The Fires? It's a fire lair, and it has fire in it. Amazing! Instead, try to change it: Clan of The Eternal Forgemasters. This suggests that your clan has immortal dragons who are metalworkers or otherwise experienced wielders of flame. My clan's name is Heavencrest: The Asylum. It's a floating island very high up in the sky that also serves as an asylum for strange dragons. This could be assumed from the title!

origin story
How was your clan formed: how did the dragons in your clan get together, how did they pick that plot of land (or are they a traveling clan? hmm) that they now call home? How did they choose the leaders? Questions like these are going to be essential in determining what your origin story will be. Try to make it interesting! Ideas that intrigue the reader (wouldn't it be cool to read about a clan like this?) are the best. A clan with a mission to catalog every single plant in Sorineth, formed from a ragtag group of explorers who sought to conquer the newly discovered island off the coast of Ice territory. A clan whose inhabitants met in an attempt to become better cooks, and work all year on one dish and then battle every Riot of the Rot to make a meal that would impress the Plaguebringer herself. Did I mention that they're terrified of getting sick and constantly wash their claws? Quirks like this that contrast with the rest of the clan are great, and truly add flavor into the story.

population
Very simple. State your statistics! How many lore dragons do you have? Those are the ones involved in your lore, while all the others in your lair are not part of this lore clan (i assume).

government
Who runs your government? Do you have a king or queen who rules solely, or a king and queen who rule equally? Do you have presidents that are elected? Do you have chiefs that are drawn randomly? Is it a democracy, a dictatorship? Anarchy, tyranny, oligarchy? You'll want to define this as well as those who holds the power. Make sure to note whether the citizens approve of this government, or despise it. Maybe some do and some don't. It depends!

laws
Time to craft some laws. Are there laws against violence? Laws about travel? Laws about breeding, laws about marriage, laws about slavery. Laws restricting weapons. Take a look at the constitution if you really want to get serious. I ain't gonna list all the laws for you since there are many options for you to choose from. Whatever fits and makes the most sense with your clan is what you should go for, whether this means agreeing with traditional laws or disagreeing.
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

29369802.png featured
dragon
culture and currency

currency system
What currency does your clan use? Do they use a bartering system, or traditional coins? Do they use gems? Do they use something darker: perhaps bones (different types of bones have more or less value? killing is encouraged because of this)? This is a rather straightforward aspect of your lore, but you can be very creative with it.

commerce and trade
Does your clan frequently trade with other clans? Does it all go smoothly, or are the differences in currency a problem? If this is the case, I suggest bartering with other clans for items they find valuable. This can solve all your unpopular currency problems! Feel free to note down simple facts or to go to the lengths of writing what materials you sell/trade for the most money/items.

religion
Do your dragons serve their deity, or a different deity? Remember what they worship does not have to be flight rising related. Do they despise religion, or are just impartial to it and do not participate in religious activities? Is it required for all your dragons to follow a certain religion, or to not follow certain religions? This could create some interesting lore (ex: forbidden religious activities causing punishment, disgust of the citizens, and eventually upheaval of the government; or maybe a little simpler: a traitor)!

a
a

a
a
culture and currency

currency system
What currency does your clan use? Do they use a bartering system, or traditional coins? Do they use gems? Do they use something darker: perhaps bones (different types of bones have more or less value? killing is encouraged because of this)? This is a rather straightforward aspect of your lore, but you can be very creative with it.

commerce and trade
Does your clan frequently trade with other clans? Does it all go smoothly, or are the differences in currency a problem? If this is the case, I suggest bartering with other clans for items they find valuable. This can solve all your unpopular currency problems! Feel free to note down simple facts or to go to the lengths of writing what materials you sell/trade for the most money/items.

religion
Do your dragons serve their deity, or a different deity? Remember what they worship does not have to be flight rising related. Do they despise religion, or are just impartial to it and do not participate in religious activities? Is it required for all your dragons to follow a certain religion, or to not follow certain religions? This could create some interesting lore (ex: forbidden religious activities causing punishment, disgust of the citizens, and eventually upheaval of the government; or maybe a little simpler: a traitor)!

a
a

a
a
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

29369802.png featured
dragon

This guide's aim is to help you craft your lore clan. At the moment, I'm one of those people who have all their ideas in their head and can't sit down and write them all. This guide is not to motivate you to write, or tell you to write. Rather, it is to offer suggestions on how to make your own lore clan. So you can sit back and read instead of stressing with your fingers hovering over the keys.

WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

29369802.png featured
dragon

WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

29369802.png featured
dragon

WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

29369802.png featured
dragon

WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

29369802.png featured
dragon