Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Familiar Tracker for collectors
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

That's right, it's yet another familiar tracker! Existing ones were't quite suiting my needs, so I rigged up my own and thought it might be something that others could find useful as well. This one has been built on the bones of @Axikor's Simple Familiar Bonding Tracker, and has been posted with their permission. However, it's focused more on the acquisition side: What familiars do I already have? How many do I still need? And, most importantly, how do I get them?

The goal of this tracker is to help familiar collectors work out how to expand their collection, and to what extent they plan to go. Every familiar has its primary source indicated, and the color-coding system makes it easy to see whether the source is a coliseum venue, a seasonal event, gathering, or part of the marketplaces and trading post. Moreover, the purple marks in the left column make it easy to see if a currently-unavailable familiar has been retired (dark purple) or if you just have to wait for it to come around again (lighter purple, visible 'Cycled Out' text).

That's all the information that's already baked into the spreadsheet. (And since it's all text-based, it's easy to edit your own copy as new familiars come out!) From there, we move on to all the things you can get it to tell you about your own collection. The columns let you see at a glance which familiars are with a dragon, which ones you have in your bestiary, which ones are Awakened, and which ones are available to be placed on a dragon. (I find 'available' more useful to my purposes than 'with dragon,' as I rotate un-Awakened familiars frequently and will sometimes 'reserve' a familiar for a particular dragon; I have included both columns to accommodate whatever combination you find most useful.) All the fields are self-formatting; just type Y into the field to get the appropriate color block. And as you mark familiars as 'acquired,' the counter in the top right will keep track of how many you have and how many you have yet to go.

"But wait," I imagine you asking, "what's with the 'unobtainable' field?" It's the feature that was most important to me in setting this tracker up! That's what I meant about tracking how far you want your collection to go. Everyone has their limits, and the counter on this tracker is designed to let you set yours. Have you accepted that a Light Sprite will always be out of your financial reach? No patience for boss farming, but you don't want to just buy a Stone Borer and a Frost Delver, either? Put a U in the 'acquired' column to mark any familiar you don't intend to try for as 'unobtainable.' This number will automatically be subtracted from the count of familiars you don't have, so your 'remaining' number will be a true reflection of your personal goal. And if you change your mind later, just clear the box and it will be added right back into your count.

This is a work in progress, and I will keep the master sheet updated as time goes by and new familiars are added to the game. Here's the link again so you don't have to scroll all the way back up to the top of this post, and if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions don't hesitate to ping me. I hope my fellow familiar collectors find this helpful!

That's right, it's yet another familiar tracker! Existing ones were't quite suiting my needs, so I rigged up my own and thought it might be something that others could find useful as well. This one has been built on the bones of @Axikor's Simple Familiar Bonding Tracker, and has been posted with their permission. However, it's focused more on the acquisition side: What familiars do I already have? How many do I still need? And, most importantly, how do I get them?

The goal of this tracker is to help familiar collectors work out how to expand their collection, and to what extent they plan to go. Every familiar has its primary source indicated, and the color-coding system makes it easy to see whether the source is a coliseum venue, a seasonal event, gathering, or part of the marketplaces and trading post. Moreover, the purple marks in the left column make it easy to see if a currently-unavailable familiar has been retired (dark purple) or if you just have to wait for it to come around again (lighter purple, visible 'Cycled Out' text).

That's all the information that's already baked into the spreadsheet. (And since it's all text-based, it's easy to edit your own copy as new familiars come out!) From there, we move on to all the things you can get it to tell you about your own collection. The columns let you see at a glance which familiars are with a dragon, which ones you have in your bestiary, which ones are Awakened, and which ones are available to be placed on a dragon. (I find 'available' more useful to my purposes than 'with dragon,' as I rotate un-Awakened familiars frequently and will sometimes 'reserve' a familiar for a particular dragon; I have included both columns to accommodate whatever combination you find most useful.) All the fields are self-formatting; just type Y into the field to get the appropriate color block. And as you mark familiars as 'acquired,' the counter in the top right will keep track of how many you have and how many you have yet to go.

"But wait," I imagine you asking, "what's with the 'unobtainable' field?" It's the feature that was most important to me in setting this tracker up! That's what I meant about tracking how far you want your collection to go. Everyone has their limits, and the counter on this tracker is designed to let you set yours. Have you accepted that a Light Sprite will always be out of your financial reach? No patience for boss farming, but you don't want to just buy a Stone Borer and a Frost Delver, either? Put a U in the 'acquired' column to mark any familiar you don't intend to try for as 'unobtainable.' This number will automatically be subtracted from the count of familiars you don't have, so your 'remaining' number will be a true reflection of your personal goal. And if you change your mind later, just clear the box and it will be added right back into your count.

This is a work in progress, and I will keep the master sheet updated as time goes by and new familiars are added to the game. Here's the link again so you don't have to scroll all the way back up to the top of this post, and if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions don't hesitate to ping me. I hope my fellow familiar collectors find this helpful!
shadowh4.png
I love it.
I was working with Axikor's sheet which, with all the bonding levels required almost daily updates. You captured all that is important to me, and I have to thank you for the 'unobtainable' column - I have no intention of getting Boolean or full sprite set, so the full count was kinda intimidating.
I love it.
I was working with Axikor's sheet which, with all the bonding levels required almost daily updates. You captured all that is important to me, and I have to thank you for the 'unobtainable' column - I have no intention of getting Boolean or full sprite set, so the full count was kinda intimidating.
+9h of FR server time
event-sig-small-4.png 8n3w7ZQ.png
Right on, dude! c:
Right on, dude! c:
FRLL21T.png
VUFjPIB.png
Thank you!
Thank you!
I love you! Honestly! This one I'm definitely going to be using.

I edited my copy a bit: Added "cycled" in Retired? for familiars which will be coming back at one point or another. Also, the original festival bears I edited to be (y2) Festival familiars. Ah! By the way, you have Frozen Goblin and Obscuring Goblin set as (y3) instead of (y4). Just letting you know. ^^

Other than that, thank you so much for re-creating this!
I love you! Honestly! This one I'm definitely going to be using.

I edited my copy a bit: Added "cycled" in Retired? for familiars which will be coming back at one point or another. Also, the original festival bears I edited to be (y2) Festival familiars. Ah! By the way, you have Frozen Goblin and Obscuring Goblin set as (y3) instead of (y4). Just letting you know. ^^

Other than that, thank you so much for re-creating this!
N4H5kbr.png Kide
She/Her FRT+10
Finnish English
For Sale Wishlist
@IgnisFlamel Thanks for letting me now about the goblins; I'll get that fixed! I originally had the real bears listed as (y2) as well, but since the goal is to track how you can get them now I felt that listing their current location was more effective. And I didn't think about adding a 'cycled out' notation! I'll mull over the best way to add that to the master sheet without making it too cluttered.
@IgnisFlamel Thanks for letting me now about the goblins; I'll get that fixed! I originally had the real bears listed as (y2) as well, but since the goal is to track how you can get them now I felt that listing their current location was more effective. And I didn't think about adding a 'cycled out' notation! I'll mull over the best way to add that to the master sheet without making it too cluttered.
shadowh4.png
@Tabbyclaw
No problem! Glad to be of help. :D

Yeah, I added (Now in NotN) after it like you'd done with the April 1st bunnies. ^^ That way it'll still say where it's found, but still have its Festival element and year. xP Of course, that's just for my use, so maybe it'll be simpler for the Master form to have it as it is?

Ooh! Can't wait to see what you come up with. For now I have Cycled items as light orange. :3
@Tabbyclaw
No problem! Glad to be of help. :D

Yeah, I added (Now in NotN) after it like you'd done with the April 1st bunnies. ^^ That way it'll still say where it's found, but still have its Festival element and year. xP Of course, that's just for my use, so maybe it'll be simpler for the Master form to have it as it is?

Ooh! Can't wait to see what you come up with. For now I have Cycled items as light orange. :3
N4H5kbr.png Kide
She/Her FRT+10
Finnish English
For Sale Wishlist
@IgnisFlamel The master sheet has now been updated to highlight cycled-out items! This includes both recurring event familiars (all the NotN ones, plus the Woodland Turkeys and the February swans) and currently cycled-out gem marketplace familiars. These familiars are also marked in purple, but a significantly lighter shade with visible text (because they're only a little bit retired!). I, uh, also fixed a couple actually retired items that I somehow missed marking the first time around.

Thanks for your suggestion!
@IgnisFlamel The master sheet has now been updated to highlight cycled-out items! This includes both recurring event familiars (all the NotN ones, plus the Woodland Turkeys and the February swans) and currently cycled-out gem marketplace familiars. These familiars are also marked in purple, but a significantly lighter shade with visible text (because they're only a little bit retired!). I, uh, also fixed a couple actually retired items that I somehow missed marking the first time around.

Thanks for your suggestion!
shadowh4.png
@Tabbyclaw this is great, thank you! The only thing I would like to see added is what level is needed for Baldwin and gathering familiars, and what area to gather in to get them.

If you ever put together a ping list for updates I'd love to be on it. Thanks for making this!
@Tabbyclaw this is great, thank you! The only thing I would like to see added is what level is needed for Baldwin and gathering familiars, and what area to gather in to get them.

If you ever put together a ping list for updates I'd love to be on it. Thanks for making this!
cFTYM2C.png NizETFM.png Wolfie's F2U Familiar Edits
Wolfie Completes the Bestiary
Wolfie Completes the Coliseum
Quest for All the Eggs
Project NASA
v886aA7.png
Festival familiar added!

If you're hand-entering it on an existing sheet, don't forget to mark it as 'retired' when the week rolls over!
Festival familiar added!

If you're hand-entering it on an existing sheet, don't forget to mark it as 'retired' when the week rolls over!
shadowh4.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10