Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Ghostlight Anticitank [Build]
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 26 27
@KairiDragoness
While the fix for the first ambush turn has helped a lot, this is still a glass cannon that will eventually be worn down. Remember this build is only efficient up to level 4 or 5. Beyond that, you're better off using a Mire Flyer,Monk, or Kelp Bed Leviathan. Fine for leveling your own hatched fodder, but mostly good for if your flight is pushing and you need max levels in the shortest time.
@KairiDragoness
While the fix for the first ambush turn has helped a lot, this is still a glass cannon that will eventually be worn down. Remember this build is only efficient up to level 4 or 5. Beyond that, you're better off using a Mire Flyer,Monk, or Kelp Bed Leviathan. Fine for leveling your own hatched fodder, but mostly good for if your flight is pushing and you need max levels in the shortest time.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
I've wanted to put Anticipate to use for a long time, so here's Sirrus! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20582534] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/205826/20582534_350.png[/img] [/url] Since I want to have a chance for those Eliminate drops. Would a similar Anticipate tank build work in Harpy's Roost, too? I used a roost trainer for a while but found it kind of infuriating not gonna lie. But I like this ruins one, my initial test with it went pretty well. @Salamanderpie
I've wanted to put Anticipate to use for a long time, so here's Sirrus!

20582534_350.png

Since I want to have a chance for those Eliminate drops.

Would a similar Anticipate tank build work in Harpy's Roost, too? I used a roost trainer for a while but found it kind of infuriating not gonna lie. But I like this ruins one, my initial test with it went pretty well.

@Salamanderpie
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

__ c6nYENf.png __ dcbbuos.png
Bring on the loot! My Anticitank is ready for battle! :D [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44421221] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/444213/44421221_350.png[/img] [/url]
Bring on the loot! My Anticitank is ready for battle! :D

44421221_350.png
7862891.png ___
Winged
She/her
FR +3
I love pings c:
____ 51027181.png
After two years of farming, I finally got an eliminate. Time to play in the ruins. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30691903] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/306920/30691903_350.png[/img] [/url] It's taken a little bit of getting used to since I've been reliant on a mire flyer for my fodder training, but I like it. It feels good to get out of the mire.
After two years of farming, I finally got an eliminate. Time to play in the ruins.

30691903_350.png

It's taken a little bit of getting used to since I've been reliant on a mire flyer for my fodder training, but I like it. It feels good to get out of the mire.
@Gouldiae I lost your ping in the holidays and everything else @_@ but yes, this build does work in Harpy's Roost though the goings are slower.

@WingedClaymore @AnnieFelis @Gouldiae Your dragons are beautiful!! <3 Added.
@Gouldiae I lost your ping in the holidays and everything else @_@ but yes, this build does work in Harpy's Roost though the goings are slower.

@WingedClaymore @AnnieFelis @Gouldiae Your dragons are beautiful!! <3 Added.
At2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.png
@Salamanderpie [quote][u]76 QCK instead of 75 QCK:[/u] With only 75 QCK, you lose a turn before you eliminate all vultures. It looks the same at the start because Haste refunds the turn, but if you actually play through the turns there's a difference in turn order.[/quote] Have you tested this in Coliseum 2.0? The turn order changed a bit when they fixed the first turn bug.
@Salamanderpie
Quote:
76 QCK instead of 75 QCK: With only 75 QCK, you lose a turn before you eliminate all vultures. It looks the same at the start because Haste refunds the turn, but if you actually play through the turns there's a difference in turn order.

Have you tested this in Coliseum 2.0? The turn order changed a bit when they fixed the first turn bug.
@Maki Currently still untested. I haven't gotten to it for now.
@Maki Currently still untested. I haven't gotten to it for now.
At2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.png
Just wanted to say thanks for the work you put into this build! I got my new anticitank all set up and I'm loving it so far. :D [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10575951] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/105760/10575951_350.png[/img] [/url]
Just wanted to say thanks for the work you put into this build! I got my new anticitank all set up and I'm loving it so far. :D

10575951_350.png
output-onlinegiftools.gif
I've used this build for a little short under two years, and it's still by far my favorites.
No matter what variations I try, I come back to it.
I'm not going to say this is the perfect build; what is the perfect build for some is the worst for others.
What I will say is; this is it. This is the build that I connect with, and no other build has ever connected with me...and I own 15 level 25 built dragons all with stones and places they shine in!

I've used this build for a little short under two years, and it's still by far my favorites.
No matter what variations I try, I come back to it.
I'm not going to say this is the perfect build; what is the perfect build for some is the worst for others.
What I will say is; this is it. This is the build that I connect with, and no other build has ever connected with me...and I own 15 level 25 built dragons all with stones and places they shine in!

Since I can't find any recent talk about this in-thread and don't know if anyone's talked about it specifically out-of-thread: for anyone interested out there, a stray comment about how Guard works somewhere inspired me to replace my Bolster with Guard and try it out! It's actually surprisingly effective at getting the enemies to fill her breath gauge faster, though obviously still subject to RNG (…Guard can apparently sometimes just… not work? and doesn't build breath by itself…)

My rhythm's been Haste-Guard [top trainee]-Rally-Anticipate for starting vs. physical mobs and a lot more Rallying to build breath for starting vs. spellcaster mobs.

The main differences I've noticed:
  • Getting enough breath to Eliminate every single enemy on the second round is a lot more common because you get breath for 2/3 of the potential targets.
  • Harder to defeat Bosses— Nature boss is pretty comparable, since I use a Nature dragon, but without Bolster or Sap the Neutral boss is an absolute health-potion eating nightmare. That Shred is terrifying. (This means I'll probably switch back to another battlestone at some point since, of course, that's the boss I don't have.)
  • Guard doesn't build breath on its own and sometimes enemies can punch through it to hit the guarded trainee, so it's adding RNG— as opposed to Bolster, which always does exactly the same thing. On the other hand, it makes it more feasible to train higher-level trainees without losing turns to how buff and strong they are when the enemies focus their fire. Since I like training to level 7, this is quite nice.
  • There are probably other combinations of stones if you don't like Haste, but I don't know if/how they'd work.

Fortunately for me, Guard, Bolster, and Sap are all nice and cheap if I want to cycle through them. I don't know, just wanted to throw that out there in case other people wanted to experiment?
Since I can't find any recent talk about this in-thread and don't know if anyone's talked about it specifically out-of-thread: for anyone interested out there, a stray comment about how Guard works somewhere inspired me to replace my Bolster with Guard and try it out! It's actually surprisingly effective at getting the enemies to fill her breath gauge faster, though obviously still subject to RNG (…Guard can apparently sometimes just… not work? and doesn't build breath by itself…)

My rhythm's been Haste-Guard [top trainee]-Rally-Anticipate for starting vs. physical mobs and a lot more Rallying to build breath for starting vs. spellcaster mobs.

The main differences I've noticed:
  • Getting enough breath to Eliminate every single enemy on the second round is a lot more common because you get breath for 2/3 of the potential targets.
  • Harder to defeat Bosses— Nature boss is pretty comparable, since I use a Nature dragon, but without Bolster or Sap the Neutral boss is an absolute health-potion eating nightmare. That Shred is terrifying. (This means I'll probably switch back to another battlestone at some point since, of course, that's the boss I don't have.)
  • Guard doesn't build breath on its own and sometimes enemies can punch through it to hit the guarded trainee, so it's adding RNG— as opposed to Bolster, which always does exactly the same thing. On the other hand, it makes it more feasible to train higher-level trainees without losing turns to how buff and strong they are when the enemies focus their fire. Since I like training to level 7, this is quite nice.
  • There are probably other combinations of stones if you don't like Haste, but I don't know if/how they'd work.

Fortunately for me, Guard, Bolster, and Sap are all nice and cheap if I want to cycle through them. I don't know, just wanted to throw that out there in case other people wanted to experiment?
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 26 27