Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Ghostlight Anticitank [Build]
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 26 27
@Salamanderpie

aay, good to see someone else got on writing a boss guide while i've been sleepin on it :'D

i'll throw my experience in as well (i'll post this in that guide's thread too)

my anticitank has the stones eliminate, rally, bolster, and shred. iirc i dumped all its extra stat points into vitality, putting its health a little over 1000. generally, i want to start a boss battle with at least 800 health, but i've had some success with as low as 650 if i get lucky with a dodge &or a critical hit.

i always run with two fodder. these are essential since they'll take damage while my trainer is fighting unguarded.

for the first three turns:
  • less than 30 breath: rally, shred, bolster. gets in some early damage and some long-lasting defense jic the boss decides to hit me rather than the two other dragons.
  • 30-64 breath: rally, eliminate, bolster or shred if i have enough breath to shred.
  • 65+ breath: rally, eliminate, eliminate. hope the boss hits the fodder.

after the boss attacks, i either use a bolster (if i haven't already) or renew rally. then anticipate.

general strategy here on out is to use the first of my double-turns to renew rally, renew shred, or renew bolster. i bolster if i'm worried my health is getting too low; i renew rally if i'm about to have the breath for eliminate.

always anticipate immediately before the boss attacks or i'll never get the breath to use another eliminate. if the boss is low health and skipping an anticipate to use eliminate (or even shred) might finish it off, i go for the attack. if i'm low health that i'm not likely to survive another turn, i go for the attack regardless because i might get lucky with a critical hit.

higher level fodder stay alive longer, so it gets easier to farm bosses the longer i'm training. if a fodder dragon ever gets a turn, use a potion on the trainer.

unless a fight is undeniably hopeless, i find its best to just go thru the motions--you never kno when a boss'll miss or you'll land a crit!

...i hope this makes sense, i kno its a bit of a messy strategy lol, but it gets me thru. i usually have a ton more luck with malevolent spirits and i have no idea if they're actually all that different as bosses or if my luck is just swinging one way haha
@Salamanderpie

aay, good to see someone else got on writing a boss guide while i've been sleepin on it :'D

i'll throw my experience in as well (i'll post this in that guide's thread too)

my anticitank has the stones eliminate, rally, bolster, and shred. iirc i dumped all its extra stat points into vitality, putting its health a little over 1000. generally, i want to start a boss battle with at least 800 health, but i've had some success with as low as 650 if i get lucky with a dodge &or a critical hit.

i always run with two fodder. these are essential since they'll take damage while my trainer is fighting unguarded.

for the first three turns:
  • less than 30 breath: rally, shred, bolster. gets in some early damage and some long-lasting defense jic the boss decides to hit me rather than the two other dragons.
  • 30-64 breath: rally, eliminate, bolster or shred if i have enough breath to shred.
  • 65+ breath: rally, eliminate, eliminate. hope the boss hits the fodder.

after the boss attacks, i either use a bolster (if i haven't already) or renew rally. then anticipate.

general strategy here on out is to use the first of my double-turns to renew rally, renew shred, or renew bolster. i bolster if i'm worried my health is getting too low; i renew rally if i'm about to have the breath for eliminate.

always anticipate immediately before the boss attacks or i'll never get the breath to use another eliminate. if the boss is low health and skipping an anticipate to use eliminate (or even shred) might finish it off, i go for the attack. if i'm low health that i'm not likely to survive another turn, i go for the attack regardless because i might get lucky with a critical hit.

higher level fodder stay alive longer, so it gets easier to farm bosses the longer i'm training. if a fodder dragon ever gets a turn, use a potion on the trainer.

unless a fight is undeniably hopeless, i find its best to just go thru the motions--you never kno when a boss'll miss or you'll land a crit!

...i hope this makes sense, i kno its a bit of a messy strategy lol, but it gets me thru. i usually have a ton more luck with malevolent spirits and i have no idea if they're actually all that different as bosses or if my luck is just swinging one way haha

@snugglebug
he
@snugglebug I think I grocked it, may I quote it on the front page? And have you tested with both stat variants or only one?
@snugglebug I think I grocked it, may I quote it on the front page? And have you tested with both stat variants or only one?
At2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.png
@Salamanderpie go ahead and quote it! or link my post, whatever you'd like :3

i've only used the 155 STR/76 QCK build, with 17 VIT. sorry i didn't clarify that earlier.
@Salamanderpie go ahead and quote it! or link my post, whatever you'd like :3

i've only used the 155 STR/76 QCK build, with 17 VIT. sorry i didn't clarify that earlier.

@snugglebug
he
@snugglebug It's no biggie, thank you! I've quoted and linked it :)
@snugglebug It's no biggie, thank you! I've quoted and linked it :)
At2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.png
Hello!

I've gotten an anticitank, Audora, and been trying to use her for the past week, but failed miserably xD

Either she doesn't get hit and is useless for countless turns, or she gets hit (when she's the last dragon in fight) and looses lots of health which is usually the death of her at the next elim dodge (that happens mostly before she can get to 70 breath). It's rare that Anticipate is useful at all and I get breath but just repeating Haste and Rally.

Audora has Eliminate, Rally, Sap and Haste
She does terrible when she's the only trainer, and poorly when there's two of them :( it takes forever to get her to the required amount of breath and feel like I'm wasting time and health.
Is it maybe just not a viable build without the shielding attack?

I'm thinking about just changing the anticipate to scratch or resetting her entirely to a more common elim build... but not getting it annoys me so I thought I'd come here and ask for help first! Help! D:
Hello!

I've gotten an anticitank, Audora, and been trying to use her for the past week, but failed miserably xD

Either she doesn't get hit and is useless for countless turns, or she gets hit (when she's the last dragon in fight) and looses lots of health which is usually the death of her at the next elim dodge (that happens mostly before she can get to 70 breath). It's rare that Anticipate is useful at all and I get breath but just repeating Haste and Rally.

Audora has Eliminate, Rally, Sap and Haste
She does terrible when she's the only trainer, and poorly when there's two of them :( it takes forever to get her to the required amount of breath and feel like I'm wasting time and health.
Is it maybe just not a viable build without the shielding attack?

I'm thinking about just changing the anticipate to scratch or resetting her entirely to a more common elim build... but not getting it annoys me so I thought I'd come here and ask for help first! Help! D:
@GalopaWXY
Ok first off, I assume you also have ambush and beserker stones filled and never add vit points to your fodder (as opposed to the Mire builds where you want to do that).

Here are the stats I use for mine:
St: 115
Agi: 8
Vit: 17
Quick: 76
int,def, mind: 5

76 quickness means I get haste + 3 turns first round against any mob, 115 strength means eliminate with rally will kill in one hit everything but the bosses.

THe worst mob groups to start against are two caster/1 melee and 2 caster/2 melee. I'll often restart rather on these. 1 caster/3 melee is actually not a bad starting group.

My opening against melee attackers is Haste, Haste, Rally, Anticipate.
Against a caster group, I use 4 hastes, then rally, anticipate round 2. Depending on whether they attack or continu to build breath, it might take another round of that to build enough breath for eliminate. Obviously pay attention to which caster fired and attack and which built breath and attack the ones building breath first.

If I get hit twice, I'm good to go with eliminate second round.
If I get hit once, I can rally and then start on eliminate the second round.
If I don't get hit at all. I use rally, anticipate (or haste, rally, anticipate if I have three turns.) That pretty well guarantees I can use eliminate round three as well as sneak in a sap in that or the following round.

With the fix for the first round turn, Bolster is a viable alternative to Sap and would be used in place if the last haste in the first round. That turns it into an attrition race with your only healing being from potions and no way to inflict damage if you become concussed (which shouldn't haven very often anyway). With Sap, leveling to 6 isn't that tough, though the Mire is better for anything past 5 usually.

I hope this helps.
@GalopaWXY
Ok first off, I assume you also have ambush and beserker stones filled and never add vit points to your fodder (as opposed to the Mire builds where you want to do that).

Here are the stats I use for mine:
St: 115
Agi: 8
Vit: 17
Quick: 76
int,def, mind: 5

76 quickness means I get haste + 3 turns first round against any mob, 115 strength means eliminate with rally will kill in one hit everything but the bosses.

THe worst mob groups to start against are two caster/1 melee and 2 caster/2 melee. I'll often restart rather on these. 1 caster/3 melee is actually not a bad starting group.

My opening against melee attackers is Haste, Haste, Rally, Anticipate.
Against a caster group, I use 4 hastes, then rally, anticipate round 2. Depending on whether they attack or continu to build breath, it might take another round of that to build enough breath for eliminate. Obviously pay attention to which caster fired and attack and which built breath and attack the ones building breath first.

If I get hit twice, I'm good to go with eliminate second round.
If I get hit once, I can rally and then start on eliminate the second round.
If I don't get hit at all. I use rally, anticipate (or haste, rally, anticipate if I have three turns.) That pretty well guarantees I can use eliminate round three as well as sneak in a sap in that or the following round.

With the fix for the first round turn, Bolster is a viable alternative to Sap and would be used in place if the last haste in the first round. That turns it into an attrition race with your only healing being from potions and no way to inflict damage if you become concussed (which shouldn't haven very often anyway). With Sap, leveling to 6 isn't that tough, though the Mire is better for anything past 5 usually.

I hope this helps.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
@GalopaWXY

Ygdrasill has broken most of it down very thoroughly.

Not getting hit can be annoying, so I have two questions: 1. Are you training dragons which are at a higher level (8-24?) and 2. Which packs are you setting up on?

This gif breaks down how to set up and then what to do in successive rounds, though in the old coli system. The only main difference now is an extra starting turn which is more convenient.

And finally, make sure you ONLY use Anticipate JUST BEFORE the enemies go. The coli shows the "Anticipate buff" whenever you cast it, but it only gives breath if you cast it right then.
@GalopaWXY

Ygdrasill has broken most of it down very thoroughly.

Not getting hit can be annoying, so I have two questions: 1. Are you training dragons which are at a higher level (8-24?) and 2. Which packs are you setting up on?

This gif breaks down how to set up and then what to do in successive rounds, though in the old coli system. The only main difference now is an extra starting turn which is more convenient.

And finally, make sure you ONLY use Anticipate JUST BEFORE the enemies go. The coli shows the "Anticipate buff" whenever you cast it, but it only gives breath if you cast it right then.
Thank you for your help!! I'm not used to choosing the groups I set on, I guess I should haha

So I applied exactly what @Ygdrasill said on a group of 3 melee. They started by taking out my two fodder dragons before attacking the trainer Audora so I wasn't ready until the end of turn 2. She had lost a third of her health. Second fight, four mobs, I take it when you're good on breath you should target physical attackers first so as to not get hit more? I took these out then the last caster mob. Then I came across a boss and died very quickly xD I used a mix of sap and elim while sustaining my buffs, got it to mid-life before running out of HP.

The next try went better, I had to refresh to get a melee group (I learn! :D). Two mobs hit Audora first round so I was good to go more quickly. I chained three fights then eliminate was dodged and it took two turns to build back breath (my fodder is now level 5 and mobs hit them instead of the trainer). Trainer has now 1/4 of her HP left. Next fight, one more hit on the trainer. And the next, she got killed again :( fodder is still level 5

New round! Audora DODGES EVERYTHING qskng!lwdngfh but on turn 3 she's good to go. Then I get a 2 casters / 2 physics group and they dodge eliminate. They play in between her turns, so I just anticipate all the time, mostly for nothing because they hit the fodder :( they're almost level 6 though.

Okay so I'm starting to see that my main error was to go with just whatever random mobs the game was giving me, and to give VIT points to my fodder. She needs to be alone and last for as long as possible on possibly low HP... The RNG is often bad for this strategy though x_x
When you have 35 breath, should you Rally then Eliminate or use Haste too? I don't because there will always be at least one mob left afterwards so I find it doesn't change much...?

@Salamanderpie
I like to level my fodder to 7 or 8, or even 9 if I have little of them to do, so what happens most of the time is I take them one by one to the Kelp Beds when they're level 6 to finish their training. During pushes I'll usually stop on lvl 6 / 7 so it's a good plan for mass exalting!
Thank you for your help!! I'm not used to choosing the groups I set on, I guess I should haha

So I applied exactly what @Ygdrasill said on a group of 3 melee. They started by taking out my two fodder dragons before attacking the trainer Audora so I wasn't ready until the end of turn 2. She had lost a third of her health. Second fight, four mobs, I take it when you're good on breath you should target physical attackers first so as to not get hit more? I took these out then the last caster mob. Then I came across a boss and died very quickly xD I used a mix of sap and elim while sustaining my buffs, got it to mid-life before running out of HP.

The next try went better, I had to refresh to get a melee group (I learn! :D). Two mobs hit Audora first round so I was good to go more quickly. I chained three fights then eliminate was dodged and it took two turns to build back breath (my fodder is now level 5 and mobs hit them instead of the trainer). Trainer has now 1/4 of her HP left. Next fight, one more hit on the trainer. And the next, she got killed again :( fodder is still level 5

New round! Audora DODGES EVERYTHING qskng!lwdngfh but on turn 3 she's good to go. Then I get a 2 casters / 2 physics group and they dodge eliminate. They play in between her turns, so I just anticipate all the time, mostly for nothing because they hit the fodder :( they're almost level 6 though.

Okay so I'm starting to see that my main error was to go with just whatever random mobs the game was giving me, and to give VIT points to my fodder. She needs to be alone and last for as long as possible on possibly low HP... The RNG is often bad for this strategy though x_x
When you have 35 breath, should you Rally then Eliminate or use Haste too? I don't because there will always be at least one mob left afterwards so I find it doesn't change much...?

@Salamanderpie
I like to level my fodder to 7 or 8, or even 9 if I have little of them to do, so what happens most of the time is I take them one by one to the Kelp Beds when they're level 6 to finish their training. During pushes I'll usually stop on lvl 6 / 7 so it's a good plan for mass exalting!
@GalopaWXY
If I'm only going up to level 4 (most efficient if your flight is conquesting, I don't worry about trying to build past 35 breath since it only takes two groups to hit level 4. If I'm going to level 5 or 6, I continue to build as much breath with that extra haste and even using an extra rally on the last enemy of a group if I have two turns. Anything above 50 means you can safely use Sap and still have enough for Eliminate, but even then if you are going for level 5 or 6 it's nice to be able to handle an enemy dodging.

It is possible, if you are close to full health and breath to occasionally solo kill the bosses in Ghostlight, but understand that trying it is mostly for fun and you'll likely die anyway. Your best bet if one shows up is hit F5 and start a new set of battles.

It's really not time effective to go much higher than 7 since you can level another group to 7 in almost the time it take to go from 7-8. If you know you want to go that high from the start, Ghostlight Ruins isn't really the best place. The Mire or Kelp Beds are a lot faster even to level 6. A Mire Flyer, or my favorite, a Mire Monk are the ones I use for that. On a per dragon basis you can level two dragons to 7 faster that way at once than doing two separate in the Kelp Beds. It's nice to have a choice of venues and the Kelp Beds to offer a chance of an Eliminate dropping which the Mire doesn't. Either of those builds also benefits from boosting the Vit of your fodder if you have to reset though I can often get to 7 with no pause.
@GalopaWXY
If I'm only going up to level 4 (most efficient if your flight is conquesting, I don't worry about trying to build past 35 breath since it only takes two groups to hit level 4. If I'm going to level 5 or 6, I continue to build as much breath with that extra haste and even using an extra rally on the last enemy of a group if I have two turns. Anything above 50 means you can safely use Sap and still have enough for Eliminate, but even then if you are going for level 5 or 6 it's nice to be able to handle an enemy dodging.

It is possible, if you are close to full health and breath to occasionally solo kill the bosses in Ghostlight, but understand that trying it is mostly for fun and you'll likely die anyway. Your best bet if one shows up is hit F5 and start a new set of battles.

It's really not time effective to go much higher than 7 since you can level another group to 7 in almost the time it take to go from 7-8. If you know you want to go that high from the start, Ghostlight Ruins isn't really the best place. The Mire or Kelp Beds are a lot faster even to level 6. A Mire Flyer, or my favorite, a Mire Monk are the ones I use for that. On a per dragon basis you can level two dragons to 7 faster that way at once than doing two separate in the Kelp Beds. It's nice to have a choice of venues and the Kelp Beds to offer a chance of an Eliminate dropping which the Mire doesn't. Either of those builds also benefits from boosting the Vit of your fodder if you have to reset though I can often get to 7 with no pause.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
@GalopaWXY definitely refresh your mobs and if you come across a boss and you have low health/breath then refresh. Refresh when your HP is really low too, if the mobs are physical.

If you want to, start each round with haste > rally > elim/anticipate, because the Haste gives you 5 breath and refunds its turn. It's just a way to steadily gain breath so that you have a better margin for dodges and such. Once breath is built, yes please Target the physical mobs first, in rounds after that you might want to target the aer sprite or the yellow sprite. They are speedy and will attack before most physical enemies once their breath is built.

I only brought up the level of the fodder because my concern was that you were leveling "too high" and that they were soaking up all the scratches that your trainer should get. Sounds like you're fine for the most part though :)
@GalopaWXY definitely refresh your mobs and if you come across a boss and you have low health/breath then refresh. Refresh when your HP is really low too, if the mobs are physical.

If you want to, start each round with haste > rally > elim/anticipate, because the Haste gives you 5 breath and refunds its turn. It's just a way to steadily gain breath so that you have a better margin for dodges and such. Once breath is built, yes please Target the physical mobs first, in rounds after that you might want to target the aer sprite or the yellow sprite. They are speedy and will attack before most physical enemies once their breath is built.

I only brought up the level of the fodder because my concern was that you were leveling "too high" and that they were soaking up all the scratches that your trainer should get. Sounds like you're fine for the most part though :)
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 26 27