Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] Breed Cross and Gene Probability
Let me first start this off with the caveat that I am a newbie to the game, as of this week. However, I'm also a little nuts and really wanted to make something where I could real quick reference things for breeding purposes when I get up to that point (I've been using it to decide mates and what dragons I want as I prepare lore, too). I'm sure something like this exists, but I have a need to do things on my own because then it makes the most sense to me when I reference it. Anyway, I thought it might be useful. I'm [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rlnlY2XpCBhrgMDewK_rsumHtaXnkGD3o1O039t30Mo/edit?usp=sharing]including the link to the Google sheet[/url] so you guys can view it, too, but also screenshots. So far I finished the crossbreeding bit and the Primary Genes. I've started Secondary and not started Tertiary yet. I'll update this when they're done, too. [b]If I've made any mistakes, please let me know![/b] [center][url=http://i.imgur.com/BjCdr0r.png][img]http://i.imgur.com/BjCdr0r.png[/img][/url] [url=http://i.imgur.com/KqBgVPf.png][img]http://i.imgur.com/KqBgVPf.png[/img][/url] [i]Click either image for the full size view.[/i][/center] [b]TO USE:[/b] [list][*]The colors in the Breed sheet indicate rarity (Green = Plentiful, Yellow-Green = Common, Yellow = Uncommon, Orange = Limited, Red = Rare). I didn't bother color coding the Genes sheets. [*]Each Breed or Gene is abbreviated to one or two letters, followed by a number. For example, Ridgeback x Skydancer results in "R75 Sk25" which means 75% chance of Ridgeback hatchling(s) and 25% chance of Skydancer hatchling(s). The same thing for the Gene sheets. [*]The results with one abbreviation and no numbers are the pure crosses where the parents share the same Breed (or Gene) and will always have that result in their hatchlings.[/list]
Let me first start this off with the caveat that I am a newbie to the game, as of this week. However, I'm also a little nuts and really wanted to make something where I could real quick reference things for breeding purposes when I get up to that point (I've been using it to decide mates and what dragons I want as I prepare lore, too). I'm sure something like this exists, but I have a need to do things on my own because then it makes the most sense to me when I reference it.

Anyway, I thought it might be useful. I'm including the link to the Google sheet so you guys can view it, too, but also screenshots. So far I finished the crossbreeding bit and the Primary Genes. I've started Secondary and not started Tertiary yet. I'll update this when they're done, too.

If I've made any mistakes, please let me know!

BjCdr0r.png

KqBgVPf.png
Click either image for the full size view.

TO USE:
  • The colors in the Breed sheet indicate rarity (Green = Plentiful, Yellow-Green = Common, Yellow = Uncommon, Orange = Limited, Red = Rare). I didn't bother color coding the Genes sheets.
  • Each Breed or Gene is abbreviated to one or two letters, followed by a number. For example, Ridgeback x Skydancer results in "R75 Sk25" which means 75% chance of Ridgeback hatchling(s) and 25% chance of Skydancer hatchling(s). The same thing for the Gene sheets.
  • The results with one abbreviation and no numbers are the pure crosses where the parents share the same Breed (or Gene) and will always have that result in their hatchlings.
tumblr_inline_naxjlyAN6m1qg78ij.png fr__wind_by_baelfin-d8uyn8b.png Hatchery
fr__wind_by_baelfin-d8uyn8b.png Newbie Freebies [open]
fr__wind_by_baelfin-d8uyn8b.png Clan Lore
fr__wind_by_baelfin-d8uyn8b.png Gene Projects
fr__wind_by_baelfin-d8uyn8b.png Wishlist
fr__wind_by_baelfin-d8uyn8b.png FR +2
Jqlkxca.png
Bump
Bump
Jqlkxca.png
@owlisholive Hello there! Please keep in mind the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=66]Forum Code of Conduct[/url] does not allow bumping: [quote=Forum Code of Conduct][b]Do not bump threads in discussion forums.[/b] This includes but is not limited to: [LIST] [*]“Up”, “bump”, “to the top!”, “^”, etc. [*]Bumping a thread and deleting the post that bumped it (“ghost-bumping”) [/LIST][/quote] Thank you!
@owlisholive Hello there! Please keep in mind the Forum Code of Conduct does not allow bumping:
Forum Code of Conduct wrote:
Do not bump threads in discussion forums. This includes but is not limited to:
  • “Up”, “bump”, “to the top!”, “^”, etc.
  • Bumping a thread and deleting the post that bumped it (“ghost-bumping”)

Thank you!
@Gaia

:X Sorry!
@Gaia

:X Sorry!
Jqlkxca.png
@owlisholive
Oh wow, those are some rad spreadsheets. Very satisfying!
@owlisholive
Oh wow, those are some rad spreadsheets. Very satisfying!
Looking for
- "runic prince" or "runic king" accent
- Sand/Oilslick/Obsidian Light Wildclaw - can you breed this?
| For sale |
| Fandergs |
___________|
BEGocSN.pngTeeny_Sprite.png
eSXu2YQ.png
@TeenyTinyDragon

Thank you! Also, your username made me giggle.
@TeenyTinyDragon

Thank you! Also, your username made me giggle.
Jqlkxca.png
*w*
The sheets are so cool and very helpful :D
*w*
The sheets are so cool and very helpful :D
echo.pngbiscuit.pngXAwbs1b.pngc4w7tx2.png

@owlisholive
Do you ever plan to complete these and add the newer genes?

@owlisholive
Do you ever plan to complete these and add the newer genes?
FR+2___he/him___tumblr_inline_p3wmc1XTnv1tc3swm_540.png
tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo10_250.png
w8o0xW1.png
@SilentRiver

owlisholive seems to be on hiatus or has quit the game. Have you checked out Straif's breeding guide?
@SilentRiver

owlisholive seems to be on hiatus or has quit the game. Have you checked out Straif's breeding guide?
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind
That's really helpful! Thanks!
@Nightwind
That's really helpful! Thanks!
FR+2___he/him___tumblr_inline_p3wmc1XTnv1tc3swm_540.png
tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo10_250.png
w8o0xW1.png