Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Farming the Coliseum without Eliminate
1 2 3 4 5 6
@litra

Hello there! This is an outdated guide - Sedona Guide has the current non-eliminate builds
@litra

Hello there! This is an outdated guide - Sedona Guide has the current non-eliminate builds
hWsjkHE.png
@Elaendorlien @litra actually I still use this build and it works perfectly fine! I could definitely still suggest it.
@Elaendorlien @litra actually I still use this build and it works perfectly fine! I could definitely still suggest it.
~RayneDrop99~
WI7lnRZ.png
5hF3FGk.png
WQA384m.png
6OezIjj.png
Wg3kZKR.png
L74Jfbv.png
mlHpBMC.png
LCqISMP.png
xCVbB5p.png
FMoJ9vk.png
tqGkHih.png
RDt6LqI.png
G7sE7RO.png
gziv3Ja.png
unknown.png
@RayneDrop99

Which dragons do you mean? I couldn't find any dragons with the stats suggested here from your lair, but you seem to have two old Mire Flyers, one Culex farmer and one Culex mage?
@RayneDrop99

Which dragons do you mean? I couldn't find any dragons with the stats suggested here from your lair, but you seem to have two old Mire Flyers, one Culex farmer and one Culex mage?
hWsjkHE.png
@Elaendorlien Is there information you would like me to update in this guide?
@Elaendorlien Is there information you would like me to update in this guide?
mrPLcCg.png vkuVMgF.png a4J9Xct.jpg kdKchxL.jpg
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/551821307034075157/594169075824066570/unknown.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/551821307034075157/594169943667376140/unknown.png[/img] @Elaendorlien These 2! The 2 spirals I had been working on previously in higher comments of this guide are either rented out to friends (one which I don't think I'm getting back, as they borrowed Kaloki and then lost interest in the game :( ) or moved on to being dragons with eliminates. I still use the same mage (when I'm in GW) and the same build, although this is a plague dragon when I would suggest an arcane dragon instead
unknown.png
unknown.png

@Elaendorlien These 2! The 2 spirals I had been working on previously in higher comments of this guide are either rented out to friends (one which I don't think I'm getting back, as they borrowed Kaloki and then lost interest in the game :( ) or moved on to being dragons with eliminates.

I still use the same mage (when I'm in GW) and the same build, although this is a plague dragon when I would suggest an arcane dragon instead
~RayneDrop99~
WI7lnRZ.png
5hF3FGk.png
WQA384m.png
6OezIjj.png
Wg3kZKR.png
L74Jfbv.png
mlHpBMC.png
LCqISMP.png
xCVbB5p.png
FMoJ9vk.png
tqGkHih.png
RDt6LqI.png
G7sE7RO.png
gziv3Ja.png
unknown.png
@Mallerin

Sorry about the wait, looks like I missed your ping earlier.

Yeah - Not sure how much you've been following the Coliseum and build updates, but there have been some of changes since this guide was last updated. Most of the guide is fine, the Coli update didn't change stones or elements, but there are a couple of things that caused me to link Sedona instead.

Mainly the problem are the example dragons since their stats outright contradict what you suggest and what Culex says. So if you have ones with Culex stats (or Sedona would be even better) those would make much better examples.

Levelling part is mostly okay but I wouldn't put any points in AGI, DEF or MND since the cost isn't nowhere worth what you lose from STR/QCK/VIT.

Culex's levelling guide is still the best we got, but Sedona Guide (linked earlier) has a revised stat chart for non-eliminate levelling - it's mostly same as Culex but the addition of VIT on higher levels should make things a bit easier. Overall when it comes to recommending stats, I'd just stick to that chart and Culex levelling guide since those are well optimised and that way there's no need to puzzle out, for example, how much QCK you need to outpace the enemies and stay alive.

Maki's Battle Stone Guide now also includes the current lv25 builds. The ones on Culex' guide (especially the Mire Flyer) are somewhat outdated now after new monsters and the first-turn bug fix.

Miscellaneous tips would include checking the trainer element requirements before starting to level one, and also A Newbie's BASIC INTRO to the Coli since it's a good generic starter guide.
@Mallerin

Sorry about the wait, looks like I missed your ping earlier.

Yeah - Not sure how much you've been following the Coliseum and build updates, but there have been some of changes since this guide was last updated. Most of the guide is fine, the Coli update didn't change stones or elements, but there are a couple of things that caused me to link Sedona instead.

Mainly the problem are the example dragons since their stats outright contradict what you suggest and what Culex says. So if you have ones with Culex stats (or Sedona would be even better) those would make much better examples.

Levelling part is mostly okay but I wouldn't put any points in AGI, DEF or MND since the cost isn't nowhere worth what you lose from STR/QCK/VIT.

Culex's levelling guide is still the best we got, but Sedona Guide (linked earlier) has a revised stat chart for non-eliminate levelling - it's mostly same as Culex but the addition of VIT on higher levels should make things a bit easier. Overall when it comes to recommending stats, I'd just stick to that chart and Culex levelling guide since those are well optimised and that way there's no need to puzzle out, for example, how much QCK you need to outpace the enemies and stay alive.

Maki's Battle Stone Guide now also includes the current lv25 builds. The ones on Culex' guide (especially the Mire Flyer) are somewhat outdated now after new monsters and the first-turn bug fix.

Miscellaneous tips would include checking the trainer element requirements before starting to level one, and also A Newbie's BASIC INTRO to the Coli since it's a good generic starter guide.
hWsjkHE.png
@RayneDrop99

Yeah, what you have there is an outdated Mire Flyer and a Culex Mage - the latter still works as intended, but the Mirer definitely doesn't.

Culex guide in general (which you used) still works to a point (for the current lv25 builds, see Maki’s Guide). Sedona guide is actually more or less the same as Culex, just with added VIT and some notes on how to compensate for the missing Eliminates.

While that Mire Flyer might feel like it works, the problem is that there's a big difference between "working" and "working as intended", especially since that build is extremely reliant on Eliminate. Am I guessing right that you are training with those two? A healer would help slightly but it also removes the whole point of having a 2-fodder trainer. I'd just invest in an Elim and update the stats, but even with those Mire can be brutal for non-Arcane trainers so it's not the best solution either.

When it comes to farming, Mire Flyer is min-maxed specifically for Mire and while it can work as a farmer on low venues, it runs into a lot of problems on higher because it's lacking the STR to make enough damage to the point where the extra speed can't compensate for that and the low VIT. For that, I'd recommend restatting into Sedona at least for a while to compare how that runs.
@RayneDrop99

Yeah, what you have there is an outdated Mire Flyer and a Culex Mage - the latter still works as intended, but the Mirer definitely doesn't.

Culex guide in general (which you used) still works to a point (for the current lv25 builds, see Maki’s Guide). Sedona guide is actually more or less the same as Culex, just with added VIT and some notes on how to compensate for the missing Eliminates.

While that Mire Flyer might feel like it works, the problem is that there's a big difference between "working" and "working as intended", especially since that build is extremely reliant on Eliminate. Am I guessing right that you are training with those two? A healer would help slightly but it also removes the whole point of having a 2-fodder trainer. I'd just invest in an Elim and update the stats, but even with those Mire can be brutal for non-Arcane trainers so it's not the best solution either.

When it comes to farming, Mire Flyer is min-maxed specifically for Mire and while it can work as a farmer on low venues, it runs into a lot of problems on higher because it's lacking the STR to make enough damage to the point where the extra speed can't compensate for that and the low VIT. For that, I'd recommend restatting into Sedona at least for a while to compare how that runs.
hWsjkHE.png
I dunno, I just know it worked fine for me. I used 2 arcane dragons and my healer previously and leveled them to 25 with the build, and then used one of the arcane and the healer to level all my other fighters. I've since gotten a few eliminates, but that's what I used originally
I dunno, I just know it worked fine for me. I used 2 arcane dragons and my healer previously and leveled them to 25 with the build, and then used one of the arcane and the healer to level all my other fighters. I've since gotten a few eliminates, but that's what I used originally
~RayneDrop99~
WI7lnRZ.png
5hF3FGk.png
WQA384m.png
6OezIjj.png
Wg3kZKR.png
L74Jfbv.png
mlHpBMC.png
LCqISMP.png
xCVbB5p.png
FMoJ9vk.png
tqGkHih.png