Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Farming the Coliseum without Eliminate
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Letsdrawwonder
I'm not sure what the best additional stones would be, but I spend way too much time in the coli, have a few dragons with experimental builds and can give you might thoughts on the options.

When a dragon uses Rally they apply it to a teammate who gets a boost to their STR for the next several rounds. This means dragons with STR based attacks (scratch, shred, slash) do more damage. I like Rally a lot, but that's partially because it means there are more dragons I can one-shot eliminate. If you have dragons that are overleveled for the venue it would probably also give them more that they can get in one or two shots with scratch. If they need more than two rallied scratches to take out the opponent it probably isn't worth it. It also applies a very tiny amount of healing based on the dragon's Int. This is an argument for giving it to the mage, but I'm not sure it's a conclusive argument. I wouldn't give it to all three dragons.

Haste behaves like Rally except that it boosts the dragon's QCK and makes them go faster. I'm not sure how useful it is with this approach.

Concentration is Rally but for Int. It could be helpful, but in practice I don't ever find myself using it when I take the mage that has it into the coli. The only time I really find it useful is when I feel like challenging myself by taking a team of three mages.

The special ability stones deal damage based on the dragon's Int, so I wouldn't give them to the physical dragons. For the mages I use with my eliminate based glass cannons in the Kelp Beds and Golem Workshop I replace the elemental bolt with the special ability when they get to level 12. It uses very slightly more breath, but it's rare to be in a position where I could use the bolt but not the ability.

Sap is potentially useful for the STR based dragons. It lets them gain a small amount of health back when they use it in addition to doing damage to their opponent. I personally don't use it very effectively, but I've heard that it definitely can be.

Clobber is DEF based. Unless you just really want the chance of it stunning the opponent, don't use it with any of these builds. I have an experimental tank build I'm working on that uses anticipate, guard and clobber, but it's not useful for any standard builds.

If you want to spend a lot of time in venues where there are a lot of mage enemies, Reflect can be your friend. It bounces enemy bolts and special abilities back on them. HOWEVER it also blocks your mage from healing them while it's up.

I've never actually tried using Bolster or Ward. If you are having lots of trouble with getting killed they might be worth experimenting with though.

I hope that's helpful!
@Letsdrawwonder
I'm not sure what the best additional stones would be, but I spend way too much time in the coli, have a few dragons with experimental builds and can give you might thoughts on the options.

When a dragon uses Rally they apply it to a teammate who gets a boost to their STR for the next several rounds. This means dragons with STR based attacks (scratch, shred, slash) do more damage. I like Rally a lot, but that's partially because it means there are more dragons I can one-shot eliminate. If you have dragons that are overleveled for the venue it would probably also give them more that they can get in one or two shots with scratch. If they need more than two rallied scratches to take out the opponent it probably isn't worth it. It also applies a very tiny amount of healing based on the dragon's Int. This is an argument for giving it to the mage, but I'm not sure it's a conclusive argument. I wouldn't give it to all three dragons.

Haste behaves like Rally except that it boosts the dragon's QCK and makes them go faster. I'm not sure how useful it is with this approach.

Concentration is Rally but for Int. It could be helpful, but in practice I don't ever find myself using it when I take the mage that has it into the coli. The only time I really find it useful is when I feel like challenging myself by taking a team of three mages.

The special ability stones deal damage based on the dragon's Int, so I wouldn't give them to the physical dragons. For the mages I use with my eliminate based glass cannons in the Kelp Beds and Golem Workshop I replace the elemental bolt with the special ability when they get to level 12. It uses very slightly more breath, but it's rare to be in a position where I could use the bolt but not the ability.

Sap is potentially useful for the STR based dragons. It lets them gain a small amount of health back when they use it in addition to doing damage to their opponent. I personally don't use it very effectively, but I've heard that it definitely can be.

Clobber is DEF based. Unless you just really want the chance of it stunning the opponent, don't use it with any of these builds. I have an experimental tank build I'm working on that uses anticipate, guard and clobber, but it's not useful for any standard builds.

If you want to spend a lot of time in venues where there are a lot of mage enemies, Reflect can be your friend. It bounces enemy bolts and special abilities back on them. HOWEVER it also blocks your mage from healing them while it's up.

I've never actually tried using Bolster or Ward. If you are having lots of trouble with getting killed they might be worth experimenting with though.

I hope that's helpful!
@phantomnimbus

fyi, Bogsneaks do not have Scratch, they have Anticipate, like Snappers.
@phantomnimbus

fyi, Bogsneaks do not have Scratch, they have Anticipate, like Snappers.
@thestuffedanimal
because I'm trying this guide out
@thestuffedanimal
because I'm trying this guide out
Goop (SpiritMaask Adopt (link))
@letsdrawwonder It depends on what additional skills you want for your dragons, there are a variety of stones that work well. Rally or Haste is helpful for the mage build. Rally increases the dragon's strength and Haste increases their speed. For a team of one mage and two glass cannons, make sure to not use Concentration (which increases intelligence rather than strength or speed). [item=rally] [item=haste] Reflect is a level 12 stone that helps your team stay in the arena longer, as it has a chance to deflect attacks. Bolster and Ward occasionally drop from the lower-level venues. These stones minimize the damage a dragon takes by temporarily increasing their defense and mind stats. Sap is a great choice for glass cannons since it returns 25% of the damage inflicted as health points. Glass cannons lose health easily, but can inflict a lot of strength-based damage. Clobber does damage based on strength, but the ability to stun is based on the dragon's defense stat, which is low in the glass cannon build. I'd recommend Sap instead for this build of dragon. Another option for either slot is one of the elemental ability stones that unlock at level 12. These stones can only be used by their respective elements, and have the ability to temporarily incapacitate the monster from attacking. I'll add these to the guide.
@letsdrawwonder It depends on what additional skills you want for your dragons, there are a variety of stones that work well. Rally or Haste is helpful for the mage build. Rally increases the dragon's strength and Haste increases their speed. For a team of one mage and two glass cannons, make sure to not use Concentration (which increases intelligence rather than strength or speed).
Rally Haste
Reflect is a level 12 stone that helps your team stay in the arena longer, as it has a chance to deflect attacks.
Bolster and Ward occasionally drop from the lower-level venues. These stones minimize the damage a dragon takes by temporarily increasing their defense and mind stats.

Sap is a great choice for glass cannons since it returns 25% of the damage inflicted as health points. Glass cannons lose health easily, but can inflict a lot of strength-based damage.
Clobber does damage based on strength, but the ability to stun is based on the dragon's defense stat, which is low in the glass cannon build. I'd recommend Sap instead for this build of dragon.
Another option for either slot is one of the elemental ability stones that unlock at level 12. These stones can only be used by their respective elements, and have the ability to temporarily incapacitate the monster from attacking. I'll add these to the guide.

mrPLcCg.png vkuVMgF.png a4J9Xct.jpg kdKchxL.jpg
One more thing I'd like to add - Discipline can be a really useful stone for your mage. It gives Meditate a chance to restore more breath, and the boost is noticeable.
One more thing I'd like to add - Discipline can be a really useful stone for your mage. It gives Meditate a chance to restore more breath, and the boost is noticeable.
je1KGwo.png
@TheImmatureGuy
@TheImmatureGuy
@mallerin

I highly recommend haste + rally. Set it up so either one dragon has both or split them, whatever. Rally the first round of your ambushed rounds, then haste the last one or two of the rounds. The extra turns really help to build breath for whatever, and the rally will knock out enemies faster.

I've used it both on non eliminate equipped dragons and eliminate equipped dragons. It is lovely.

(and excellent when you are training weak dergs)
@mallerin

I highly recommend haste + rally. Set it up so either one dragon has both or split them, whatever. Rally the first round of your ambushed rounds, then haste the last one or two of the rounds. The extra turns really help to build breath for whatever, and the rally will knock out enemies faster.

I've used it both on non eliminate equipped dragons and eliminate equipped dragons. It is lovely.

(and excellent when you are training weak dergs)
frsigbannersmskinny.png
@Bubblebee
This might be super useful for the rest of your perma dragons you want to level but don't have eliminates for! I know you were planning a mage healer anyways.
@Bubblebee
This might be super useful for the rest of your perma dragons you want to level but don't have eliminates for! I know you were planning a mage healer anyways.
@Mallerin this is AWESOME ono I'm pinging so I can find this later to test
@Mallerin this is AWESOME ono I'm pinging so I can find this later to test
Glade.png
Ufo9hnS.png
I don't accept random friend requests; I'm always down to talk though!
Should each Dragon in the party hold Ambush, Berserker, and Scholar or only certain dragons?
Scholar would be good for the healer for example.
Thanks in advanced.
Should each Dragon in the party hold Ambush, Berserker, and Scholar or only certain dragons?
Scholar would be good for the healer for example.
Thanks in advanced.
1 2 3 4 5 6