Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Fixing Broken Images (tumblr hosted)
1 2 3 4
[img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c8/bd/2c/c8bd2c26b33911e4cc922a938f6b86b9.jpg[/img]
c8bd2c26b33911e4cc922a938f6b86b9.jpg
x0iVMgw.png
VgR98md.png
THANK YOU!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!
npc_pearl_by_dogi_crimson-dagobl4.gif hatchery_button_v2_by_amaranthine_immortal-d9qm22x.pngcomshep_by_edelity-db0z4ky.pngfc_magical_shard_by_dogi_crimson-daflo9u.gifnTbrA.gif aK5NZ.gif eqwXO.gifdeity_arcanist_by_dogi_crimson-da6mxx1.gif
You are a fantastic person!!
You are a fantastic person!!
RWlcD2X.png
This helped so much! Thank you! I paid over 500 gems for a dragon and the image broke not 2 days later, this method saved him ;u;.
This helped so much! Thank you! I paid over 500 gems for a dragon and the image broke not 2 days later, this method saved him ;u;.
b34674857e8a199f13a1d454303561e1caa85a9b.png
It worked! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!
It worked! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!
52bQegH.png space! paragraph
Eliss
FR +9
Interesting side note: I heard from someone else that this fix works on other sites, like DeviantArt! It's a Tumblr problem, not an FR problem.
Interesting side note: I heard from someone else that this fix works on other sites, like DeviantArt! It's a Tumblr problem, not an FR problem.
b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
Ur a hero
Ur a hero
JCXCEaD.pngALpBaGJ.png
@FelGodwyn
@FelGodwyn
@LunaNightSky

Self ping to save myself~
@LunaNightSky

Self ping to save myself~
zdkBiZa.png
Little background info for folks:
I suspect the cause of image links breaking has to do with Tumblr's servers. Something about the number in the URL pointing to a specific server. And if the images get shifted to a different server for any reason, OOPS! Broken links! (Chatzy will do something similar. Your room's URL may point you to server #29, but if the traffic spikes your room may get bumped to server# 129 and the URL changes accordingly. With the former URL giving errors should you try to reload it.)

Whenever I find one of these busted tumblr links, I open the image in a new tab and tweak the number, going up or down by 1, until I get the URL to work.
Little background info for folks:
I suspect the cause of image links breaking has to do with Tumblr's servers. Something about the number in the URL pointing to a specific server. And if the images get shifted to a different server for any reason, OOPS! Broken links! (Chatzy will do something similar. Your room's URL may point you to server #29, but if the traffic spikes your room may get bumped to server# 129 and the URL changes accordingly. With the former URL giving errors should you try to reload it.)

Whenever I find one of these busted tumblr links, I open the image in a new tab and tweak the number, going up or down by 1, until I get the URL to work.
~There is no such thing as sanity. Everyone is insane. The true question is, how insane are you, relative to everyone else?~
1 2 3 4