Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Exalting and You: a PSA
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Cynictis Oooh, I really like this ~ very well/clearly written.
@Cynictis Oooh, I really like this ~ very well/clearly written.
lIF7tSw.png ...........................................he/him » eng/no » frt + 9 » wishlist
@Cynictis, Wow! I was dropping by the guides forum to offer the advice I've been giving to newbies I run into, but you've already got most of it, and so much better organized!

(Last time I said: A couple of things -- once you sell a dragon, it belongs to the buyer. They can exalt it, sell it on, rename it, breed it, whatever. If you want something specific to happen to the dragon, work it out with the buyer beforehand, and understand that there are no guarantees.

Some people find having "Unnamed" in their dragons' offspring lists displeasing. If you're one of them, (or think you might be) don't sell unnamed dragons unless the buyer says they'll name them.

I personally dislike exalting hatchlings. So I don't sell hatchlings except to people who want them for specific reasons.

If you sell a dragon for cheap (under about 10000 treasure) it will probably be exalted. If you sell a dragon for less than about 5000 treasure, you are selling it under the price you would get for exalting it.

Check out the GALE fund in the Wind Sales Forum -- they help you save up for lair and nest expansions. (This is Wind, but I think other flights might have something similar?)

Most people regret exalting their progens. There are scatter scrolls you can use it you hate the colors.

But most importantly, play FR in a way that makes you happy! Have fun!
)
Now I can just link to this!
@Cynictis, Wow! I was dropping by the guides forum to offer the advice I've been giving to newbies I run into, but you've already got most of it, and so much better organized!

(Last time I said: A couple of things -- once you sell a dragon, it belongs to the buyer. They can exalt it, sell it on, rename it, breed it, whatever. If you want something specific to happen to the dragon, work it out with the buyer beforehand, and understand that there are no guarantees.

Some people find having "Unnamed" in their dragons' offspring lists displeasing. If you're one of them, (or think you might be) don't sell unnamed dragons unless the buyer says they'll name them.

I personally dislike exalting hatchlings. So I don't sell hatchlings except to people who want them for specific reasons.

If you sell a dragon for cheap (under about 10000 treasure) it will probably be exalted. If you sell a dragon for less than about 5000 treasure, you are selling it under the price you would get for exalting it.

Check out the GALE fund in the Wind Sales Forum -- they help you save up for lair and nest expansions. (This is Wind, but I think other flights might have something similar?)

Most people regret exalting their progens. There are scatter scrolls you can use it you hate the colors.

But most importantly, play FR in a way that makes you happy! Have fun!
)
Now I can just link to this!
ey/em/eir/eirs/emself
Giving this thread a friendly bump because its very informative and helpful!

Exalt away, members both new and old! Get rich!
Giving this thread a friendly bump because its very informative and helpful!

Exalt away, members both new and old! Get rich!
o5xt3.gif
Username was previously Xythus
Some updates to the first post, I've broken up larger paragraphs for easier readability and added a few images throughout. I've also added a couple new sections, one about daily exalt bonuses and one about exalting to/from different Flights (you may know switching Flights will change where your exalted dragons go, but did you know it also does affect that week's Dominance? I didn't!) [quote] [b]Are some exalted dragons worth more than others? Does rarity matter?[/b] Breed, color, or gene rarity generally does not matter. A 'rare' breed like a Wildclaw is not inherently worth more than a 'plentiful' Guardian. There are daily exalt bonuses, however! Check the right-hand side of FR's front page, below the Random Dragon. Every day, one breed, one color, and one gene are randomly chosen, and exalting a dragon that meets one or more of these criteria will give you some extra treasure on top of what that dragon would be worth normally. There's no boost to Dominance from the daily exalt bonus, but a little more money is always nice to have! Dragons who have been levelled up in the Coliseum are worth more, in both payout and how much they count towards Dominance- but we don't know the exact formula and the admins aren't telling![/quote] [quote][b]Can I exalt a dragon from a different Flight? Whose 'team' do they count towards?[/b] You can exalt a dragon even if they are not from your Flight, and they will always be credited to your own elemental deity. A Plague dragon exalted by a Fire player will serve the Flamecaller and boost Fire's Dominance, for example. If you change Flights, however, all the dragons you previously exalted will appear to move with you and serve your new deity, since the game will always associate them with your account. You will see this change if you visit the exalted dragon's page. And yes, [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/376#post_18318513]this can affect Dominance[/url] too! [quote name="Aequorin" date=2016-03-07 22:24:32] [quote]If we exalt dragons then change flights in the same week, do those dragons attribute to the dominance of our old flight or the one we just moved to?[/quote] They would be attributed to the flight that you are currently in at the time that dominance is calculated for that week (saturday night.) [/quote]
Some updates to the first post, I've broken up larger paragraphs for easier readability and added a few images throughout.

I've also added a couple new sections, one about daily exalt bonuses and one about exalting to/from different Flights (you may know switching Flights will change where your exalted dragons go, but did you know it also does affect that week's Dominance? I didn't!)
Quote:
Are some exalted dragons worth more than others? Does rarity matter?

Breed, color, or gene rarity generally does not matter. A 'rare' breed like a Wildclaw is not inherently worth more than a 'plentiful' Guardian.

There are daily exalt bonuses, however! Check the right-hand side of FR's front page, below the Random Dragon. Every day, one breed, one color, and one gene are randomly chosen, and exalting a dragon that meets one or more of these criteria will give you some extra treasure on top of what that dragon would be worth normally. There's no boost to Dominance from the daily exalt bonus, but a little more money is always nice to have!

Dragons who have been levelled up in the Coliseum are worth more, in both payout and how much they count towards Dominance- but we don't know the exact formula and the admins aren't telling!
Quote:
Can I exalt a dragon from a different Flight?
Whose 'team' do they count towards?

You can exalt a dragon even if they are not from your Flight, and they will always be credited to your own elemental deity. A Plague dragon exalted by a Fire player will serve the Flamecaller and boost Fire's Dominance, for example.

If you change Flights, however, all the dragons you previously exalted will appear to move with you and serve your new deity, since the game will always associate them with your account. You will see this change if you visit the exalted dragon's page.

And yes, this can affect Dominance too!
Aequorin wrote on 2016-03-07:
Quote:
If we exalt dragons then change flights in the same week, do those dragons attribute to the dominance of our old flight or the one we just moved to?

They would be attributed to the flight that you are currently in at the time that dominance is calculated for that week (saturday night.)
I love this very much
I love this very much
This is fantastic and a great resource for new members! I wish I had seen this when I first started, @Potatostar in case I want to find this again.
This is fantastic and a great resource for new members! I wish I had seen this when I first started, @Potatostar in case I want to find this again.
@ Cynictis This is a very thorough and informative guide. Great for newbies like me! Thanks for clearing up the fog around exalting!
@ Cynictis This is a very thorough and informative guide. Great for newbies like me! Thanks for clearing up the fog around exalting!
Coddiwomple | He/They
SI1XSxk.gif
Thanks for explaining it so deeply. I am also a newbie and exalting was first something like eraising or killing a dragon to me but that sounds great an reasonable. One of my sold breeds got exalted from another user after selling it and I feel ginda proud of that. Though it's not the windsinger who she is serving it's okay. ^^

Now I will level my dragons up and soon when my lair limit is reached I will exalt them with the highest level possible.

Thanks for explaining it so deeply. I am also a newbie and exalting was first something like eraising or killing a dragon to me but that sounds great an reasonable. One of my sold breeds got exalted from another user after selling it and I feel ginda proud of that. Though it's not the windsinger who she is serving it's okay. ^^

Now I will level my dragons up and soon when my lair limit is reached I will exalt them with the highest level possible.

@Cynictis

I have seen somewhere on the forums recently that apparently exalting hatchlings does not count towards dominance, is this true? I have not seen anything in this guide that would say so. Please can you clarify this? :) Thank you!

@Cynictis

I have seen somewhere on the forums recently that apparently exalting hatchlings does not count towards dominance, is this true? I have not seen anything in this guide that would say so. Please can you clarify this? :) Thank you!

drgfly0.gif
@Vercernice The only dragons who do not count towards Dominance are the two progenitors you got when you signed up. (They also give no money, to prevent people from creating multiple accounts just to collect rewards from their free starter dragons.)

Hatchlings do count, but since they can't battle in the Coliseum, they're not worth as much as an adult dragon that has been levelled up. You will still see people buying hatchlings and exalting them at a loss during the last hours of an intense Dom battle, though!
@Vercernice The only dragons who do not count towards Dominance are the two progenitors you got when you signed up. (They also give no money, to prevent people from creating multiple accounts just to collect rewards from their free starter dragons.)

Hatchlings do count, but since they can't battle in the Coliseum, they're not worth as much as an adult dragon that has been levelled up. You will still see people buying hatchlings and exalting them at a loss during the last hours of an intense Dom battle, though!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9