Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] Best Element per Venue - UPDATE
1 2 3 4 5
@Redfoot Is there any reason that the Forgotten Cave doesn't have a Best Element listed? Besides that this looks extremely useful!
@Redfoot Is there any reason that the Forgotten Cave doesn't have a Best Element listed? Besides that this looks extremely useful!
@Plasmirror Because there wasn't one! The three 'good' elements all have a slight advantage, but there's no stand-out.
@Plasmirror Because there wasn't one! The three 'good' elements all have a slight advantage, but there's no stand-out.
Ack! This guide saved me so much <33 Thanks!!
Ack! This guide saved me so much <33 Thanks!!
E27J5Sp.png
J7D1quC.png
Zs4VhSn.pngbOjW1AX.png
UYR6vpC.pngHJLIYn4.png
3db916195a6b500e95d8fb9723ce4a95c285a701.gif
@Redfoot
I think it might be a good idea to have some kind of explanation of what you're basing this scale on in the OP. I understand after looking at it that you're taking weaknesses and strengths into account, but most other guides people will be following in conjunction with this hardly recommend elemental attacks at all except on mages, and mages aren't even recommended often themselves; it's almost exclusively physical fighters! The only reasons to consider using an elemental slash on a physical fighter are personal preference or if one can't afford Eliminate because then dealing extra damage with your attacks becomes appealing. But even in the latter case, you still need to consider which elements will be hitting you and how often, and I'm not sure I see that reflected in this guide.

As an example: Light looks good for the Mire because the Mire is Plague-heavy, and Light deals extra damage to Plague while being resistant to it. But Light also takes extra damage from Arcane and Lightning, and the Psywurms and Common Podids appear in packs frequently and use their elemental attacks often. To me that matters much more, particularly if my Light dragon isn't using an elemental attack in the first place anyway. I'd rather resist the attacks coming at me, which is why Arcane is recommended for the Mire. It's neutral to Plague, and Arcane resists the more problematic Psywurms and Common Podids. Its elemental weaknesses (Earth, Nature, and Wind) are seldom cast at all.

I don't mean this to discredit all your hard work here. I've been wanting a guide like this since I joined FR and it might become really useful after the promised coliseum revamp, if a wider variety of strategies and builds become viable!
@Redfoot
I think it might be a good idea to have some kind of explanation of what you're basing this scale on in the OP. I understand after looking at it that you're taking weaknesses and strengths into account, but most other guides people will be following in conjunction with this hardly recommend elemental attacks at all except on mages, and mages aren't even recommended often themselves; it's almost exclusively physical fighters! The only reasons to consider using an elemental slash on a physical fighter are personal preference or if one can't afford Eliminate because then dealing extra damage with your attacks becomes appealing. But even in the latter case, you still need to consider which elements will be hitting you and how often, and I'm not sure I see that reflected in this guide.

As an example: Light looks good for the Mire because the Mire is Plague-heavy, and Light deals extra damage to Plague while being resistant to it. But Light also takes extra damage from Arcane and Lightning, and the Psywurms and Common Podids appear in packs frequently and use their elemental attacks often. To me that matters much more, particularly if my Light dragon isn't using an elemental attack in the first place anyway. I'd rather resist the attacks coming at me, which is why Arcane is recommended for the Mire. It's neutral to Plague, and Arcane resists the more problematic Psywurms and Common Podids. Its elemental weaknesses (Earth, Nature, and Wind) are seldom cast at all.

I don't mean this to discredit all your hard work here. I've been wanting a guide like this since I joined FR and it might become really useful after the promised coliseum revamp, if a wider variety of strategies and builds become viable!
TsVIhAZ.png All I wanna do is 5XIH4zd.png 5XIH4zd.png 5XIH4zd.png 5XIH4zd.png
And 2ZVsoOM.png icon_treasure.png icon_gems.png
And take yo money
Updated with the newest venues! Rejigged according to different metrics as well, should be a little more accurate to playstyle instead of straight numbers.
Updated with the newest venues! Rejigged according to different metrics as well, should be a little more accurate to playstyle instead of straight numbers.
I have to slightly disagree on one little thing. Saying Shadow is the worst for Scorched Forest and Volcanic Vents is, in my opinion, inaccurate. You face a heavy flow of Fire based enemies which Shadow matches up against EXTREMELY well. So long as you are developing your dragons properly (having Quickness at a minimum of 25 before Scorched is a good measure) you are good to go....I use an Ice, Lightning and Shadow combo......very effective....just my two cents....otherwise excellent post!
I have to slightly disagree on one little thing. Saying Shadow is the worst for Scorched Forest and Volcanic Vents is, in my opinion, inaccurate. You face a heavy flow of Fire based enemies which Shadow matches up against EXTREMELY well. So long as you are developing your dragons properly (having Quickness at a minimum of 25 before Scorched is a good measure) you are good to go....I use an Ice, Lightning and Shadow combo......very effective....just my two cents....otherwise excellent post!
oV0kaW6_zpsyvg4qg6u.png
@RileythePlagueDr
@RileythePlagueDr
1qSQ4Z1.gif1YSPZnA.png
@SarahDragonRider
@SarahDragonRider
ssjS89N.png
Wow. Ice is really a great all-around fighter, they are only bad in one venue, and that is at the start where it hardly matters.
Wow. Ice is really a great all-around fighter, they are only bad in one venue, and that is at the start where it hardly matters.
Y02PS6v.png
How come the Blooming Grove isn't on here?
How come the Blooming Grove isn't on here?
Non-Fodder Available For Fodder Prices
1 2 3 4 5