Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Project Pair Planner Spreadsheet
1 2 3 4
Hello friends! I've got a few specific color breeding projects going on, and there...doesn't seem to be a spreadsheet dedicated to finding the dragons to make the thing, so I made one! I've been using this for a few days now and I think it's pretty great, so maybe it will help you too! If you find that something isn't working correctly, or you have a suggestion for improvement, don't hesitate to let me know.

Instructions for use:
  1. Save a copy of the spreadsheet using File > Make a copy...
  2. Enter your color goal in the top row of the Dragons tab, using the three Target dropdowns.
  3. Enter your dragons' info in the Dragons tab.
  4. When you're done entering dragon data, click Update > Update Report from the main menu. The first time you do this in a particular sheet, it'll prompt you to give the script some read/write permissions for the current sheet, which it needs to fill in the Report tab! A little status bar at the top will let you know when it's done running the script. You'll need to run Update Report whenever you modify the Dragons tab.
  5. Hit up the Report tab to see some statistics about your possible pairs and their ranges!

I put in enough rows that I think most people will be covered for what they need, but if you find you need more rows in the Report/Dragons tabs, you can freely add them in wherever. Just remember, every extra dragon multiplies the total number of pairs by however many dragons of that gender you have to that point (more-or-less)...so...eventually the report will probably get pretty big and pretty slow!

Need help keeping track of your family lines? Try Family Echo!
Hello friends! I've got a few specific color breeding projects going on, and there...doesn't seem to be a spreadsheet dedicated to finding the dragons to make the thing, so I made one! I've been using this for a few days now and I think it's pretty great, so maybe it will help you too! If you find that something isn't working correctly, or you have a suggestion for improvement, don't hesitate to let me know.

Instructions for use:
  1. Save a copy of the spreadsheet using File > Make a copy...
  2. Enter your color goal in the top row of the Dragons tab, using the three Target dropdowns.
  3. Enter your dragons' info in the Dragons tab.
  4. When you're done entering dragon data, click Update > Update Report from the main menu. The first time you do this in a particular sheet, it'll prompt you to give the script some read/write permissions for the current sheet, which it needs to fill in the Report tab! A little status bar at the top will let you know when it's done running the script. You'll need to run Update Report whenever you modify the Dragons tab.
  5. Hit up the Report tab to see some statistics about your possible pairs and their ranges!

I put in enough rows that I think most people will be covered for what they need, but if you find you need more rows in the Report/Dragons tabs, you can freely add them in wherever. Just remember, every extra dragon multiplies the total number of pairs by however many dragons of that gender you have to that point (more-or-less)...so...eventually the report will probably get pretty big and pretty slow!

Need help keeping track of your family lines? Try Family Echo!
b50x50still.gif
@Tiarana

This is really neat, thank you for making it!

The only issue I have is, I plugged in all of my dragons for my breeding project, but for some reason it says only one (out of 291 possible) pair has my target in range, which simply isn't true, as many pairs do. Did I maybe do something wrong?
@Tiarana

This is really neat, thank you for making it!

The only issue I have is, I plugged in all of my dragons for my breeding project, but for some reason it says only one (out of 291 possible) pair has my target in range, which simply isn't true, as many pairs do. Did I maybe do something wrong?
e4TvxbF.gifn0skEd8.png
@seaofstars
Oh!! Someone using my spreadsheet!
I'm not sure why that would be happening, can I take a look at your sheet?
@seaofstars
Oh!! Someone using my spreadsheet!
I'm not sure why that would be happening, can I take a look at your sheet?
b50x50still.gif
@Tiarana

Sure! Here you go. ^^
@Tiarana

Sure! Here you go. ^^
e4TvxbF.gifn0skEd8.png
@seaofstars
ahaha it looks like my range checking function doesn't handle..pearl very well! sweats
I will fix that function and get back to you in a bit
@seaofstars
ahaha it looks like my range checking function doesn't handle..pearl very well! sweats
I will fix that function and get back to you in a bit
b50x50still.gif
@seaofstars
omg, I have no idea how I didn't catch this before, but it should be fixed in the blank sheet! You can go to tools > script editor, select all and copy-paste it into the scripts for your sheet, or make a new copy of the blank and paste your data into it! Let me know if you have any more problems~
@seaofstars
omg, I have no idea how I didn't catch this before, but it should be fixed in the blank sheet! You can go to tools > script editor, select all and copy-paste it into the scripts for your sheet, or make a new copy of the blank and paste your data into it! Let me know if you have any more problems~
b50x50still.gif
@Tiarana

Oh, thank you!! No worries, I guess no one else tried pearl before, haha. It works great now, this is going to be super helpful! <3
@Tiarana

Oh, thank you!! No worries, I guess no one else tried pearl before, haha. It works great now, this is going to be super helpful! <3
e4TvxbF.gifn0skEd8.png
@seaofstars
the problem was actually with the range wrap around...which is really weird, because I know I had a few pairs in wraparound ranges myself...sweats a lot...I'm glad to see someone making use of it though! ^^
@seaofstars
the problem was actually with the range wrap around...which is really weird, because I know I had a few pairs in wraparound ranges myself...sweats a lot...I'm glad to see someone making use of it though! ^^
b50x50still.gif
@Tiarana
This is the greatest sheet in existance, thank you SO MUCH for making this!!
@Tiarana
This is the greatest sheet in existance, thank you SO MUCH for making this!!
itpCHya.png
i heard there was a place where the light
managed to cut through the dark
but that was just a story for children
and my chest is just a grave for my heart

jubi p. lizardperson
it/its or they/them
This is perfect for my projects! Thanks so much!
This is perfect for my projects! Thanks so much!
1 2 3 4