Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Petals-Butterfly Color Match Guide
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
@Rhys Thanks, I'll get those up today! Also, @ the ruby match - I generally try to match based on the lower wing tip color: [img]http://i.imgur.com/XWtGfVH.png[/img] instead of the upper wing tip: [img]http://i.imgur.com/30zzhkE.png[/img] There are a couple of times it's proven impossible to find a good lower match, which are the only times I'll use the upper one (see: purple and ivory primaries) @icewinglight @witherkitty @Denise @bloodyangel12 @RavynStarfall @GoldBlooded Thank you for the kind words! <3 This got a lot more attention than I anticipated already lol. I might make a forum sig button to link back to this, I'll post it in the first page within the next couple of days if you're interested. [EDIT] code for forum sig is now in the first post! And maaaaaybe on the poi/tox combos? I admit it's something I thought about doing as well but the problem is that the color palettes are much wider for those genes. For example - starting at the top of the color list, it's pretty straightforward - maize / maize / eggplant matches perfectly [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=11&breed=12&element=6&gender=0&tert=111&tertgene=10&winggene=12&wings=1&auth=cd5f35ed6f2006569fb32b561f4a3d9d0d546e8f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] However, heading onto cream we run into a dilemma - cream / cream / cerulean and cream / cream / amethyst both bring out the accent colors very well [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=163&bodygene=11&breed=12&element=6&gender=0&tert=114&tertgene=10&winggene=12&wings=163&auth=b4b8ec96a5897ab9baf245c9e61725acb079d75f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=163&bodygene=11&breed=12&element=6&gender=0&tert=117&tertgene=10&winggene=12&wings=163&auth=0731d9ed0e3f6be5006cc50ef9ac512eaf8ce38a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Unless I mockup every possible color combo for each xx gene, I'm not sure how to address organizing all that. If you have any suggestions please let me know, because it's something I would love to do honestly just not with so many double color combos. My thought was matching to the color on the nose & tail tip?
@Rhys Thanks, I'll get those up today! Also, @ the ruby match - I generally try to match based on the lower wing tip color:

XWtGfVH.png

instead of the upper wing tip:

30zzhkE.png

There are a couple of times it's proven impossible to find a good lower match, which are the only times I'll use the upper one (see: purple and ivory primaries)

@icewinglight @witherkitty @Denise @bloodyangel12 @RavynStarfall @GoldBlooded Thank you for the kind words! <3 This got a lot more attention than I anticipated already lol. I might make a forum sig button to link back to this, I'll post it in the first page within the next couple of days if you're interested.

[EDIT] code for forum sig is now in the first post!

And maaaaaybe on the poi/tox combos? I admit it's something I thought about doing as well but the problem is that the color palettes are much wider for those genes.

For example - starting at the top of the color list, it's pretty straightforward - maize / maize / eggplant matches perfectly

dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=11&breed=12&element=6&gender=0&tert=111&tertgene=10&winggene=12&wings=1&auth=cd5f35ed6f2006569fb32b561f4a3d9d0d546e8f&dummyext=prev.png

However, heading onto cream we run into a dilemma - cream / cream / cerulean and cream / cream / amethyst both bring out the accent colors very well

dragon?age=1&body=163&bodygene=11&breed=12&element=6&gender=0&tert=114&tertgene=10&winggene=12&wings=163&auth=b4b8ec96a5897ab9baf245c9e61725acb079d75f&dummyext=prev.pngdragon?age=1&body=163&bodygene=11&breed=12&element=6&gender=0&tert=117&tertgene=10&winggene=12&wings=163&auth=0731d9ed0e3f6be5006cc50ef9ac512eaf8ce38a&dummyext=prev.png

Unless I mockup every possible color combo for each xx gene, I'm not sure how to address organizing all that. If you have any suggestions please let me know, because it's something I would love to do honestly just not with so many double color combos. My thought was matching to the color on the nose & tail tip?
5lAqsu2.gif P9GXZ7l.png nV0BWDQ.gif
Yes please
Yes please
@earthwaker MY OCD IS SO HAPPY i can't stop looking at this page. you are awesome.

@sevdrag for reference.
@earthwaker MY OCD IS SO HAPPY i can't stop looking at this page. you are awesome.

@sevdrag for reference.
9MRyW42.jpg
Feymarch Apothecary
| experimenting with XXY combinations galore |

|| i collect unusual triples!
|| lovely unusual combos
@Earthwaker

Mhm I see the dilemma. On the one hand you can match the mask and the tail tip, on the other you can match what it to what colour runs along the belly.
Latter might make it feel more complete, but the colour itself vanishes a bit and seems to become one with the Poison/Toxin.
Former makes the tertiary stand more out and it still feels complete due to the "beginning" aka the head of the dragon as well as the "ending" (tail tip) having the colour. I think that flows better since it also is the colour where there is less off it there, so it's more accentuated :3
@Earthwaker

Mhm I see the dilemma. On the one hand you can match the mask and the tail tip, on the other you can match what it to what colour runs along the belly.
Latter might make it feel more complete, but the colour itself vanishes a bit and seems to become one with the Poison/Toxin.
Former makes the tertiary stand more out and it still feels complete due to the "beginning" aka the head of the dragon as well as the "ending" (tail tip) having the colour. I think that flows better since it also is the colour where there is less off it there, so it's more accentuated :3
ukDKhF5.png

I have a couple more graphics to update for my hatchery and 4 or 5 of these lil guys left, but I can definitely do a poitox one as well c: I'll ping you to it when I get it up.
@witherkitty Yeah, I had the same though process. I'll apply the same philosophy as with these, if there's no good match for the tail/mask then I'll use the midrange.

I have a couple more graphics to update for my hatchery and 4 or 5 of these lil guys left, but I can definitely do a poitox one as well c: I'll ping you to it when I get it up.
@Earthwaker
Yeah, it would make the most sense to do it that way :3
But thank you for the future ping then, just take your time, no need to hurry!
@Earthwaker
Yeah, it would make the most sense to do it that way :3
But thank you for the future ping then, just take your time, no need to hurry!
ukDKhF5.png
THIS IS THE PRETTIEST GUIDE I HAVE EVER SEEN. A job well done, Earthwaker, i know this had to have taken a lot of work at searching and matching! Thank you for your time. Was always curious to see which tertiaries matched
THIS IS THE PRETTIEST GUIDE I HAVE EVER SEEN. A job well done, Earthwaker, i know this had to have taken a lot of work at searching and matching! Thank you for your time. Was always curious to see which tertiaries matched
CAiwzvK.png
@Earthwaker

A while ago some (don't remember who) made a spreadsheet for poi/tox that had the main colour with the primary and secondary accent colours listed. Didn't have any pictures, just the colour names

Like Blood had Violet listed as it's primary accent colour, then crimson/maroon as it's secondary

EDIT: found this one, not that one I was thinking of, but similar idea
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-tyBt-XBK72IASjSL55qjrqB48Nqj2ejrCr-MviaJd0/edit#gid=0
@Earthwaker

A while ago some (don't remember who) made a spreadsheet for poi/tox that had the main colour with the primary and secondary accent colours listed. Didn't have any pictures, just the colour names

Like Blood had Violet listed as it's primary accent colour, then crimson/maroon as it's secondary

EDIT: found this one, not that one I was thinking of, but similar idea
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-tyBt-XBK72IASjSL55qjrqB48Nqj2ejrCr-MviaJd0/edit#gid=0
@Earthwaker ohh, I see. that's fair. in any case, I'd been doing a bit of colour matching in the scrying workshop, so I really appreciated seeing this thread, haha. nwn
@Earthwaker ohh, I see. that's fair. in any case, I'd been doing a bit of colour matching in the scrying workshop, so I really appreciated seeing this thread, haha. nwn
@tribal omg thank you, words too kind for me ;~;

@ArohaMeansLove Oh nice, thanks for that. There was al ink to a foorum post in that doc as well, but it was just a visual preview of poi/tox/basic for each color and breed, not matching terts. And it doesn't look like they did the new colors so I'll do them :3
@tribal omg thank you, words too kind for me ;~;

@ArohaMeansLove Oh nice, thanks for that. There was al ink to a foorum post in that doc as well, but it was just a visual preview of poi/tox/basic for each color and breed, not matching terts. And it doesn't look like they did the new colors so I'll do them :3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13