Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Resource] Offspring Diary!
[center][size=4][b]I'm totally open for suggestions for this, please feel free to ping me![/b][/size][/center] I'm not sure if this has been done before but during a discussion in my flight forum I had this idea to make a spreadsheet to help keep track of offspring being sold and exalted, a diary of sorts. After making it and using it myself, I found it was Really handy to see what pairs for my hatchery were more popular and what offspring were kept (and what ones got exalted most). This spreadsheet while basic for the most part, has space for: ~ The offspring name/ID/Link ~ The parents name/ID (Optional) ~ Primary Color/Gene, Secondary Color/Gene, Tertiary Color/Gene ~ If they've been Exalted. This will automatically count number of Y or N in this column (Note: Must be just Y or N, no Yes or No else it won't count them) ~ Extra duplicate pages at the bottom to allow people to micro manage their offspring into groups instead of all offspring on one page. [center] Here's an example:[/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ya5MxDJ.png[/img] [center]To make a copy of the spreadsheet, make sure you're signed into a google account, then go up to File > Make a Copy. This will make a copy to your own google account to edit.[/center] [center][b][size=6][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m7aBHdqtha_IaiqSiMPEK3nuJJFVF_9KXk9q85_o1SY/edit?usp=sharing]~~ Link To Offspring Diary V1 ~~[/url][/size][/b][/center] [b]Question: Would people want a "Date Checked" tab beside the "Exalted?" tab?[/b]
I'm totally open for suggestions for this, please feel free to ping me!

I'm not sure if this has been done before but during a discussion in my flight forum I had this idea to make a spreadsheet to help keep track of offspring being sold and exalted, a diary of sorts. After making it and using it myself, I found it was Really handy to see what pairs for my hatchery were more popular and what offspring were kept (and what ones got exalted most). This spreadsheet while basic for the most part, has space for:

~ The offspring name/ID/Link
~ The parents name/ID (Optional)
~ Primary Color/Gene, Secondary Color/Gene, Tertiary Color/Gene
~ If they've been Exalted. This will automatically count number of Y or N in this column (Note: Must be just Y or N, no Yes or No else it won't count them)
~ Extra duplicate pages at the bottom to allow people to micro manage their offspring into groups instead of all offspring on one page.
Here's an example:
ya5MxDJ.png

To make a copy of the spreadsheet, make sure you're signed into a google account, then go up to File > Make a Copy. This will make a copy to your own google account to edit.

Question: Would people want a "Date Checked" tab beside the "Exalted?" tab?
Pinglist for people interested:

@Kurogami
Pinglist for people interested:

@Kurogami
@IvyKirax

Nice work. :D
Thanks for keeping me in the loop. :3
@IvyKirax

Nice work. :D
Thanks for keeping me in the loop. :3
r4ztq68.png Bonus_Pumpkin.gifQPWLGP7.gif FR +19
@Kurogami Thank you! And no worries too =) hope this comes in handy for others just as much as it has me.
@Kurogami Thank you! And no worries too =) hope this comes in handy for others just as much as it has me.
@IvyKirax - I LOVE this idea. I'm a noob and was just sitting here thinking.. how am I going to keep track of these mate combinations, and whether or not I like the hatchlings and if I want to breed them again? Additionally I think columns for notes/comments about gene/colour combos would be cool.
@IvyKirax - I LOVE this idea. I'm a noob and was just sitting here thinking.. how am I going to keep track of these mate combinations, and whether or not I like the hatchlings and if I want to breed them again? Additionally I think columns for notes/comments about gene/colour combos would be cool.
Wc1Yv7K.png xod0tGx.png CHXYFcs.png
@Auresse Awesome, really glad you like it so far :D hm... notes though, perhaps I can make the space off to the right be like a comment section? Kinda like how I have the tips at the top but a section dedicated for notes.
@Auresse Awesome, really glad you like it so far :D hm... notes though, perhaps I can make the space off to the right be like a comment section? Kinda like how I have the tips at the top but a section dedicated for notes.