Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | FR Rules of Acquisition for Profit
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31 32
@Mackenzi
You get it! That's what I'm trying to do with this guide. Your mindset makes a huge difference. As much as knowing how is important, it's also knowing you can. Then you feel more in control and those high ticket items you want don't seem nearly so unobtainable.

Granted having a stock of items to sell helps, but one can start just about anywhere. I've had relative newcomers to the site message me about how much they made in a short time. As a total newcomer, first priority should be to get a coli farming team leveled. As they are doing that, they will get items they can sell as I suggest. Don't remind me about the Fairground grinding. I'll still occasionally go play some Shock Switch if I need a quick extra bit of treasure, but not very often. Still, between that and farming, even newcomers can make 200k a day with relative ease and yet I regularly see posts from people who've been on the site a while about how it's a struggle to save half that amount.
@Mackenzi
You get it! That's what I'm trying to do with this guide. Your mindset makes a huge difference. As much as knowing how is important, it's also knowing you can. Then you feel more in control and those high ticket items you want don't seem nearly so unobtainable.

Granted having a stock of items to sell helps, but one can start just about anywhere. I've had relative newcomers to the site message me about how much they made in a short time. As a total newcomer, first priority should be to get a coli farming team leveled. As they are doing that, they will get items they can sell as I suggest. Don't remind me about the Fairground grinding. I'll still occasionally go play some Shock Switch if I need a quick extra bit of treasure, but not very often. Still, between that and farming, even newcomers can make 200k a day with relative ease and yet I regularly see posts from people who've been on the site a while about how it's a struggle to save half that amount.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
I admit, I've never had any kind of head for numbers or the intricacies of AH economies, but this was a really well put together guide! I mostly just stick to farming the coli and hoard selling cheap stuff like food or non-Swipp items, but I'm trying to save up for a Sprite and people don't ever seem to want to buy things with gems. Plus, I don't have as much time as I used to, so festivals are a drag because I end up having to buy most of the accents out of the MP if I want them, which has made it pretty difficult to keep a level of treasure that I'd like in my hoard. It's also pretty discouraging that even when I try to breed and sell fodder no one ever seems to want it, even if they're priced right in range, so I'm leveling and exalting most of my fodder myself.

Tagging myself @Feliciano so I can find this again easier. I don't know if I really have the mindset to put this into practice like I'd like to, but it really is a great reference.
I admit, I've never had any kind of head for numbers or the intricacies of AH economies, but this was a really well put together guide! I mostly just stick to farming the coli and hoard selling cheap stuff like food or non-Swipp items, but I'm trying to save up for a Sprite and people don't ever seem to want to buy things with gems. Plus, I don't have as much time as I used to, so festivals are a drag because I end up having to buy most of the accents out of the MP if I want them, which has made it pretty difficult to keep a level of treasure that I'd like in my hoard. It's also pretty discouraging that even when I try to breed and sell fodder no one ever seems to want it, even if they're priced right in range, so I'm leveling and exalting most of my fodder myself.

Tagging myself @Feliciano so I can find this again easier. I don't know if I really have the mindset to put this into practice like I'd like to, but it really is a great reference.
@ygdrasill Thank you for taking time to explain! C: Been asking around some people who are consistently invovle in the market, and I learn quite a few tips in addition to yours. Not sure if I am able to make big amount of profit (like yours :P) but I'll learn to get better somehow. ^_^ Thank you again!
@ygdrasill Thank you for taking time to explain! C: Been asking around some people who are consistently invovle in the market, and I learn quite a few tips in addition to yours. Not sure if I am able to make big amount of profit (like yours :P) but I'll learn to get better somehow. ^_^ Thank you again!
tumblr_o87303dwJs1tegfv5o1_500.png
@wwadingwilloww for reference
@wwadingwilloww for reference
clicky please !!
SSR_a3.png screen_shot_2016_08_08_at_11_4.png3fPWG.gifuWWGn.gif3k1UH.gif2Wz1M.gifzF8fW.gifjXOnj.gifHJjco.gifaihlA.gif
@MissGoldenPixel

Pinging myself for later.
@MissGoldenPixel

m6vglJ1.png
@stormdance

Pinging myself to remember this
@stormdance

Pinging myself to remember this
mkpoaHZ.png
@MarsinOz Pinging to remember guide

Thanks for this :)
@MarsinOz Pinging to remember guide

Thanks for this :)
NWaVGQJ.png
@MissGoldenPixel

@MissGoldenPixel

m6vglJ1.png
@Ygdrasill Having all these AH tabs open and selling things all the time is making me feel like a mob boss.

I had a question. Not to be a big competitor against you or anything, but what are some of your preferred sniping categories besides dragons?
@Ygdrasill Having all these AH tabs open and selling things all the time is making me feel like a mob boss.

I had a question. Not to be a big competitor against you or anything, but what are some of your preferred sniping categories besides dragons?
@glowb
Mostly apparel. It has a high turnover and I've learned what items sell and what to avoid. I'll occasionally snipe the Marketplace and some materials. I only have so much time so there are plenty of items you could be looking at.

There's a lot of opportunity right now because the treasure gem ratio has nosedived in the last week and there are some major discrepancies in the prices of some items listed for both currencies. Unhatched eggs would be one area. There are certainly opportunities in flipping familiars. I don't do much in that market. I just don't have time to learn it, but you could almost certainly make some nice profits there with the more regular reg windows.
@glowb
Mostly apparel. It has a high turnover and I've learned what items sell and what to avoid. I'll occasionally snipe the Marketplace and some materials. I only have so much time so there are plenty of items you could be looking at.

There's a lot of opportunity right now because the treasure gem ratio has nosedived in the last week and there are some major discrepancies in the prices of some items listed for both currencies. Unhatched eggs would be one area. There are certainly opportunities in flipping familiars. I don't do much in that market. I just don't have time to learn it, but you could almost certainly make some nice profits there with the more regular reg windows.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31 32