Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | FR Rules of Acquisition for Profit
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31 32
@Ygdrasill

Good idea! Also, I noticed that the festival items are going for less than the price of the requisite Embers. Is this common, or do people just not like these items? I've been making my profit by selling Embers raw and trading them for other items (150 Embers for a Tendril Loach yesterday, which I turned around and sold for 170kt, or 189g).
@Ygdrasill

Good idea! Also, I noticed that the festival items are going for less than the price of the requisite Embers. Is this common, or do people just not like these items? I've been making my profit by selling Embers raw and trading them for other items (150 Embers for a Tendril Loach yesterday, which I turned around and sold for 170kt, or 189g).
windh4.png
@WyvernVenom
I generally get fest currency 2/gem so there's still a profit to be made. The problem this time is the apparel item is not overly popular so the people trying to profit from selling fest items are having to focus on the vista and familiar which has dropped the price down to levels usually seen near the end of the week. I figured that was what was going to happen and as I'm unusually busy with other things this week, I didn't even bother going that route this time. I may pick up some of the apparel items to hold since it's the unpopular ones that go up the fastest later on.
@WyvernVenom
I generally get fest currency 2/gem so there's still a profit to be made. The problem this time is the apparel item is not overly popular so the people trying to profit from selling fest items are having to focus on the vista and familiar which has dropped the price down to levels usually seen near the end of the week. I figured that was what was going to happen and as I'm unusually busy with other things this week, I didn't even bother going that route this time. I may pick up some of the apparel items to hold since it's the unpopular ones that go up the fastest later on.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
@Ygdrasill

You seem to be missing 255 rules, but this is a pretty good start.
@Ygdrasill

You seem to be missing 255 rules, but this is a pretty good start.
Ovy5qGZ.gif
@Ygdrasill

Thank you so much for writing this guide!! I make most of my funds selling food, but with this I think I can start diving into the other sections of the AH o:
@Ygdrasill

Thank you so much for writing this guide!! I make most of my funds selling food, but with this I think I can start diving into the other sections of the AH o:
6mWOUG0.png
Thanks so much for this guide!

@alleycat (self ping so i can view it on mobile easier)
Thanks so much for this guide!

@alleycat (self ping so i can view it on mobile easier)

r250Bbk.png ZW5CgDF.png FFH3hV6.png s1GAkgl.png LBmwkOD.png Lef8ZKD.png 10CB8sd.png
You always have a choice.
You can either roll over and die, or you can keep fightin' no matter what.
I love this guide! Thanks so much for writing it, even just skimming it inspires me to go list a bunch of stuff on the AH.
So much of it is simply being in the mindset to make a profit, which seems obvious but it makes it easy to see how when I click on the marketplace I have the mindset of buying an item I want for myself, not of going in to make a profit, even during festivals. Even just changing the way of thinking makes it that much easier to make money. In other words, I just need to think like a Ferengi whenever I go in to the marketplace or auction house. :D

I wonder how useful this guide is to newbies. I remember struggling a lot to make money the first few weeks, but now that I have a year's worth of items in my hoard it's a lot easier to decide "I need 200k by tomorrow" and actually achieve that goal without having to play Artifracture. I guess those first few days/weeks are always gonna be a bit of a grind until you have the funds to really invest.
I love this guide! Thanks so much for writing it, even just skimming it inspires me to go list a bunch of stuff on the AH.
So much of it is simply being in the mindset to make a profit, which seems obvious but it makes it easy to see how when I click on the marketplace I have the mindset of buying an item I want for myself, not of going in to make a profit, even during festivals. Even just changing the way of thinking makes it that much easier to make money. In other words, I just need to think like a Ferengi whenever I go in to the marketplace or auction house. :D

I wonder how useful this guide is to newbies. I remember struggling a lot to make money the first few weeks, but now that I have a year's worth of items in my hoard it's a lot easier to decide "I need 200k by tomorrow" and actually achieve that goal without having to play Artifracture. I guess those first few days/weeks are always gonna be a bit of a grind until you have the funds to really invest.
tumblr_oclgidaTBf1rnk62zo7_r1_100.png
bury the hatchet or bury a friend right now
Illustrated Monster Manual: A Spooky Art Hatchery

♥ Black Lives Matter ♥
sEBxtxA.png
@Ygdrasill Thank you for making this post!

May I ask how do you find out the more popular sales for apparels? I want to sell materials in buck but I couldn't quite see the trend in material sales. (I couldn't see the trends for apparels too.)

Is selling in bucks better or selling one item at a time better?

So new to all this that I'm feeling quite overwhelmed by all the information. (To think that I even want to start a business irl...) ;_;

Edit: Just sold off some gold ores and wow, the sense of satisfaction I felt after making a profit is really good.
@Ygdrasill Thank you for making this post!

May I ask how do you find out the more popular sales for apparels? I want to sell materials in buck but I couldn't quite see the trend in material sales. (I couldn't see the trends for apparels too.)

Is selling in bucks better or selling one item at a time better?

So new to all this that I'm feeling quite overwhelmed by all the information. (To think that I even want to start a business irl...) ;_;

Edit: Just sold off some gold ores and wow, the sense of satisfaction I felt after making a profit is really good.
tumblr_o87303dwJs1tegfv5o1_500.png
@Havril
From the guide:
Quote:
Sell in convenient quantities.
Choose your stack size to be convenient to your buyer. If 200 of an item will be needed for Swipp, people aren't going to want to buy them a single item at a time. At the same time, people expect to pay less for bulk items so you may want to limit the size of the stacks you sell. If you're selling materials for alchemy, sell at least some stacks of the size needed. If three are needed sell some stacks of 3, 6, and maybe 9. Don't ignore stacks of 5 and 10 here. Some prefer to buy those and you want to accomodate them. Always list a few singles but don't go overboard.

Does that help? I guess it depends a lot on the items you're selling too.
@Havril
From the guide:
Quote:
Sell in convenient quantities.
Choose your stack size to be convenient to your buyer. If 200 of an item will be needed for Swipp, people aren't going to want to buy them a single item at a time. At the same time, people expect to pay less for bulk items so you may want to limit the size of the stacks you sell. If you're selling materials for alchemy, sell at least some stacks of the size needed. If three are needed sell some stacks of 3, 6, and maybe 9. Don't ignore stacks of 5 and 10 here. Some prefer to buy those and you want to accomodate them. Always list a few singles but don't go overboard.

Does that help? I guess it depends a lot on the items you're selling too.
tumblr_oclgidaTBf1rnk62zo7_r1_100.png
bury the hatchet or bury a friend right now
Illustrated Monster Manual: A Spooky Art Hatchery

♥ Black Lives Matter ♥
sEBxtxA.png
@Mackenzi Oh yes, thank you!

Selling materials is quite confusing because there's so many people trying to sell them at one go. (I think selling Baldwin's stuff is quite profitable, though, guess I'll go with it.)
@Mackenzi Oh yes, thank you!

Selling materials is quite confusing because there's so many people trying to sell them at one go. (I think selling Baldwin's stuff is quite profitable, though, guess I'll go with it.)
tumblr_o87303dwJs1tegfv5o1_500.png
@Havril
As far as flipping materials, I tend to focus on just a few I know sell consistently. There are others that do as well. You have to pay a little more attention when it's something there are lots of others competing to sell as well.

Baldwin mats almost always sell. Occasionally you can find people selling them for way under market and make a profit that way. For apparel, I started out by scanning through the cheap stuff and when something unusual showed up, an item or a color of an item I hadn't seen, I checked the prices for just that item. Over time I learned what to simply snap up. I also learned that some items sell at the rate of a Coatl cooldown and learned to avoid those.

You could do the same thing with familiars. I don't bother with them because I simply don't have time, but with regular windows, the newcomers are going to want to fill out the less expensive slots in their Bestiary.
@Havril
As far as flipping materials, I tend to focus on just a few I know sell consistently. There are others that do as well. You have to pay a little more attention when it's something there are lots of others competing to sell as well.

Baldwin mats almost always sell. Occasionally you can find people selling them for way under market and make a profit that way. For apparel, I started out by scanning through the cheap stuff and when something unusual showed up, an item or a color of an item I hadn't seen, I checked the prices for just that item. Over time I learned what to simply snap up. I also learned that some items sell at the rate of a Coatl cooldown and learned to avoid those.

You could do the same thing with familiars. I don't bother with them because I simply don't have time, but with regular windows, the newcomers are going to want to fill out the less expensive slots in their Bestiary.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31 32