Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | FR Rules of Acquisition for Profit
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 32
@Nightwind

You are completely right though it shouldn't take being 'good' at math to do basic multiplication and division. A few people have been surprised that I posted this wondering if it wouldn't be hurting my own profits. The fact is I knew that a limited number would read it and of those a much smaller number would effectively apply it. But I know at least a few have really improved their income here because of it and that's enough to make it worth the time to have done.
@Nightwind

You are completely right though it shouldn't take being 'good' at math to do basic multiplication and division. A few people have been surprised that I posted this wondering if it wouldn't be hurting my own profits. The fact is I knew that a limited number would read it and of those a much smaller number would effectively apply it. But I know at least a few have really improved their income here because of it and that's enough to make it worth the time to have done.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
@ygdrasill

I may have missed it but how long do you spend in fr in any given day?

I see the logic behind everything you have said. It is well thought, clearly working, but with an infant I've been struggling with the time aspect. I'm addicted to gening and i really want a set of frost fugitive shackles, but saving has not been going well. Not to mention i made a bad investment with nocturne scrolls expecting them to function similarly to last year where they were selling for sind 2k by now, not 800. Ahh misteps.

Anyhow..the fact hot are taking so long to reply to people as well really soaks to your character. Thank you for the guide.
@ygdrasill

I may have missed it but how long do you spend in fr in any given day?

I see the logic behind everything you have said. It is well thought, clearly working, but with an infant I've been struggling with the time aspect. I'm addicted to gening and i really want a set of frost fugitive shackles, but saving has not been going well. Not to mention i made a bad investment with nocturne scrolls expecting them to function similarly to last year where they were selling for sind 2k by now, not 800. Ahh misteps.

Anyhow..the fact hot are taking so long to reply to people as well really soaks to your character. Thank you for the guide.
Na5WGHa.png
@AloraDannon
That's hard to say. I tend to pop in for short periods several times a day.

That's the nice thing about the AH. do a quick scan for flippable items and list quite a few items in 10-15 mins. Start a Baldwin brew going and then go about your business. I do a listing before I go to bed and in the morning with maybe a few more done at lunch. It's not uncommon for me to collect 200k from overnight sales.

As for the Nocturne scrolls, you took a risk and it isn't paying off. I have that happen once in a while. If they aren't going up you may want to sell and invest in something else. Even Wildclaw scrolls didn't go up much even with the new colors which surprised me.
@AloraDannon
That's hard to say. I tend to pop in for short periods several times a day.

That's the nice thing about the AH. do a quick scan for flippable items and list quite a few items in 10-15 mins. Start a Baldwin brew going and then go about your business. I do a listing before I go to bed and in the morning with maybe a few more done at lunch. It's not uncommon for me to collect 200k from overnight sales.

As for the Nocturne scrolls, you took a risk and it isn't paying off. I have that happen once in a while. If they aren't going up you may want to sell and invest in something else. Even Wildclaw scrolls didn't go up much even with the new colors which surprised me.
Thank you for the helpful information ;)
Thank you for the helpful information ;)
3e0w1yj.gifbHn1OUN.gifRmSSMKo.pngbHn1OUN.gif3e0w1yj.gif
@fretfulsardines
tagging myself bc this is a+
@fretfulsardines
tagging myself bc this is a+
@Ygdrasill
I feel more educated in the 10ish minutes I spent reading this than the whole year I spent in Economics class

Thank you! :DD
@Ygdrasill
I feel more educated in the 10ish minutes I spent reading this than the whole year I spent in Economics class

Thank you! :DD
Looking for
- "runic prince" or "runic king" accent
- Sand/Oilslick/Obsidian Light Wildclaw - can you breed this?
| For sale |
| Fandergs |
___________|
BEGocSN.pngTeeny_Sprite.png
eSXu2YQ.png
@Ygdrasill

Which would you say is more profitable? Brewing and selling festival currency or simply selling the Muck and Slime? Brewing takes more time, but the costs for each method are similar. What can I expect for the prices of currency and Muck/Slime as the week continues?
@Ygdrasill

Which would you say is more profitable? Brewing and selling festival currency or simply selling the Muck and Slime? Brewing takes more time, but the costs for each method are similar. What can I expect for the prices of currency and Muck/Slime as the week continues?
windh4.png
@WyvernVenom
Ok, here's how I look at it. We'll use an average of 9000T per Grey Slime and Copper Muck which is actually lower than they sell for for the main part of the week. It takes one of each plus 200T and 2:50 to create 20 festival currency. In that time I could make 5.66 mucks/slimes. At 9000 each that's 51kT. If I bought gems with that at 1:930 (about what it is now) I'd get 54 gems. 2.5X what you'd be able to get if you created fest currency.

Then I use those gems to buy fest currency in bulk for 1:0.5 so that gives me 108. Then I turn around and sell at 1:1 or buy fest items and sell those at close to that (or more at the start of the week. I always try to go into a festival with at least a couple thousand gems so I can jump on the bulk sale thread as soon as it opens.

@WyvernVenom
Ok, here's how I look at it. We'll use an average of 9000T per Grey Slime and Copper Muck which is actually lower than they sell for for the main part of the week. It takes one of each plus 200T and 2:50 to create 20 festival currency. In that time I could make 5.66 mucks/slimes. At 9000 each that's 51kT. If I bought gems with that at 1:930 (about what it is now) I'd get 54 gems. 2.5X what you'd be able to get if you created fest currency.

Then I use those gems to buy fest currency in bulk for 1:0.5 so that gives me 108. Then I turn around and sell at 1:1 or buy fest items and sell those at close to that (or more at the start of the week. I always try to go into a festival with at least a couple thousand gems so I can jump on the bulk sale thread as soon as it opens.

Quote:
I always try to go into a festival with at least a couple thousand gems so I can jump on the bulk sale thread as soon as it opens.
*chokes* I need to step up my game

In all seriousness, thanks for the help. But I'd like to point out that while you can make 5.66 Baldwin mats, not all of them are going to be Copper/Gray, the most valuable during festivals. Also, oddity- the gem prices for Grey Slime are around 18-20 per, with the treasure prices only at 12-13k.
Quote:
I always try to go into a festival with at least a couple thousand gems so I can jump on the bulk sale thread as soon as it opens.
*chokes* I need to step up my game

In all seriousness, thanks for the help. But I'd like to point out that while you can make 5.66 Baldwin mats, not all of them are going to be Copper/Gray, the most valuable during festivals. Also, oddity- the gem prices for Grey Slime are around 18-20 per, with the treasure prices only at 12-13k.
windh4.png
@WyvernVenom
You have a point about not all of them being Grey or Copper. Gold usually stays above 10k. White does right now. The rest? I hold onto (and even buy other's cheap listings) to sell a week or two after the festival for a nice profit as well. The reason I use treasure as the reference is even during festivals, materials priced in treasure generally sell much faster than items priced in gems. What's my actual cost? 3-4 gems for the trash apparel and familiars. Also, keep an eye on the prices of copper muck and grey slime the week before a festival. Two in a row I've found people dumping them for 5 gems a piece. Better bet I grab them.
@WyvernVenom
You have a point about not all of them being Grey or Copper. Gold usually stays above 10k. White does right now. The rest? I hold onto (and even buy other's cheap listings) to sell a week or two after the festival for a nice profit as well. The reason I use treasure as the reference is even during festivals, materials priced in treasure generally sell much faster than items priced in gems. What's my actual cost? 3-4 gems for the trash apparel and familiars. Also, keep an eye on the prices of copper muck and grey slime the week before a festival. Two in a row I've found people dumping them for 5 gems a piece. Better bet I grab them.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 32