Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | FR Rules of Acquisition for Profit
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 31 32
Just a reminder that eggs are about as high as they'll be all year. Remember the prices nosedive when NotN starts. Sell before then.
Just a reminder that eggs are about as high as they'll be all year. Remember the prices nosedive when NotN starts. Sell before then.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
@Ygdrasill thank you so much for this helpful guide! id just like to ask what would be the best way to prepare for the upcoming earth fest. i mostly just transmute a lot of apparel and familiars but is there anything else i should do?

also, can you really make a profit reselling rusted chests or opening them? opened three just now and only got roughly 1.5kt per.

and what should i do with my treasure? i have around 4mt lying around. i was looking into apparel flipping but im still not sure which to flip. please advise, thank you so much!
@Ygdrasill thank you so much for this helpful guide! id just like to ask what would be the best way to prepare for the upcoming earth fest. i mostly just transmute a lot of apparel and familiars but is there anything else i should do?

also, can you really make a profit reselling rusted chests or opening them? opened three just now and only got roughly 1.5kt per.

and what should i do with my treasure? i have around 4mt lying around. i was looking into apparel flipping but im still not sure which to flip. please advise, thank you so much!
==========================================================================================
she/her | murderpup | FR+16
@Steliferous
I try to make sure I go into fests with enough copper muck and grey slime to brew as much fest currency as I want and still have some to sell since the price goes up. Generally sales of other materials slow down during fest weeks though.

As for chests, it depends on the prices. If you list everything sellable on the AH you'll generally make a nice profit in the long run. If you don't want to bother with that sell without opening. You'll almost never get enough currency directly to cover the cost if you buy them.

As for treasure, unless you have a specific item or items that require treasure, you may want to convert some to gems. I most often buy items to flip for gems and sell for treasure per the guide.

Apparel flipping can be tricky. You either need to pick up apparel for 3 or 4 gems or know which items in the MP actually sell and that can change over time.
@Steliferous
I try to make sure I go into fests with enough copper muck and grey slime to brew as much fest currency as I want and still have some to sell since the price goes up. Generally sales of other materials slow down during fest weeks though.

As for chests, it depends on the prices. If you list everything sellable on the AH you'll generally make a nice profit in the long run. If you don't want to bother with that sell without opening. You'll almost never get enough currency directly to cover the cost if you buy them.

As for treasure, unless you have a specific item or items that require treasure, you may want to convert some to gems. I most often buy items to flip for gems and sell for treasure per the guide.

Apparel flipping can be tricky. You either need to pick up apparel for 3 or 4 gems or know which items in the MP actually sell and that can change over time.
@Ygdrasill This is really helpful. I always used to put my sales up for 7 days.

Biggest problem is, I never seem to get the making lots of money via AH thing. I don't know why. I'm going to give it a try and hope for the best...
@Ygdrasill This is really helpful. I always used to put my sales up for 7 days.

Biggest problem is, I never seem to get the making lots of money via AH thing. I don't know why. I'm going to give it a try and hope for the best...
Please click on my babies!
FR time+17
Art-Shop-Button.jpg
Coatl-WC-Imp-Button.png
Wn6vGC1.png
Bb9XFYa.png
7A7cEAI.png
tNgQJvM.png
fDSaoY3.png
NN9NPXA.png
jccRWgS.png
40QQWBU.png
o4KdtaP.png
@ygdrasill

a few questions, if you don't mind ! i've seen you on the AH more times than i can count, and would love if they were answered by someone who truly knows what they're doing.

1) what should i begin with when investing? currently i have around 150k in funds to invest into items to begin my 'FR flipping journey', but i truly don't know where to start (what's the best way to start out with this, in your opinion?)

2) the AH was updated (or my computer is just... terrible) to where now it won't show the oldest when doing what you said. is there any way to get around this?

3) nowadays, what're your go-to items for apparel? by this i mean when all else fails, what do you invest in the most? i'm eager to hear your reply.

thanks so much if you answer: i'm really hoping to be able to snag a few sprites in my time on FR.
@ygdrasill

a few questions, if you don't mind ! i've seen you on the AH more times than i can count, and would love if they were answered by someone who truly knows what they're doing.

1) what should i begin with when investing? currently i have around 150k in funds to invest into items to begin my 'FR flipping journey', but i truly don't know where to start (what's the best way to start out with this, in your opinion?)

2) the AH was updated (or my computer is just... terrible) to where now it won't show the oldest when doing what you said. is there any way to get around this?

3) nowadays, what're your go-to items for apparel? by this i mean when all else fails, what do you invest in the most? i'm eager to hear your reply.

thanks so much if you answer: i'm really hoping to be able to snag a few sprites in my time on FR.

28250.png

he/him - fr +12
ravenclaw - aries - INTP
a very dedicated hatchery
wishlist
friendly reminder
@Dedicate @SallyJane
Ok, first off over the next month there are going to be some real opportunities flipping fodder hatchlings as adults. Clear some lair space if you can, if you can get expansions fairly cheap, do it before NotN. Even now you could buy for 3 or 4 gems and sell for 7k+ once they grew up which is basically doubling your money just for having some hatchlings in empty slots. Obviously this week, gather food in Earth to get geodes.

There are likely to be some conquest battles and you'll want to keep track of what's being paid for level 5 dragons. If it's over 1500 above the fodder floor, using a Ghostlight Anticitank, or Mire Flyer or Mire Monk will let you make a nice extra profit. Obviously level dragons with bonuses for that day first and don't bother with the raffles, go for the fastlane sales. Also check the gem treasure ratio on the sell prices. The battle a couple weeks ago was giving an extra gem over what one could have bought with the treasure.

If you aquire any eggs, sell them before NotN starts because the prices plummet. This is the best time to sell eggs as people like to do mass hatchings for Christmas. Let them hatch ugly G1's while you hatch gems.

If you put in a set amount for a search (one reason I tend to buy fodder for gems), it will automatically put the oldest first so if you see 2 day olds at the start of the list for 4 gems, that's the oldest that are selling for 4 gems.

I've actually moved away from apparel to a large extent other than buying 3 gem or cheaper apparel to melt at Baldwin. If I had to suggest some marketplace items to try, gold wing bangles and gorgets. Otherwise, you might keep an eye out for things selling for 3 or 4 gems that don't have a lot of duplicates. and open another tab to check the treasure prices on those items. The Steampunk gear seems to be continually popular as well as the bloody bandages.

Learn the fast patterns for Glitter and Gloom. You can max the fairgrounds in 15 mins or less once you do.

Colli farming is still not a bad way to go, especially in venues that have needed mats for making stuff at Baldwin.

Finally, always be brewing at Baldwin's. This week I will be making geodes, otherwise it's a split between familiars and apparel in the pot. If you buy either for 3 gems, you'll make a profit on anything you get most of the time and if copper Muck gets too cheap, just hold it until the next festival week.

I hope this helps.
@Dedicate @SallyJane
Ok, first off over the next month there are going to be some real opportunities flipping fodder hatchlings as adults. Clear some lair space if you can, if you can get expansions fairly cheap, do it before NotN. Even now you could buy for 3 or 4 gems and sell for 7k+ once they grew up which is basically doubling your money just for having some hatchlings in empty slots. Obviously this week, gather food in Earth to get geodes.

There are likely to be some conquest battles and you'll want to keep track of what's being paid for level 5 dragons. If it's over 1500 above the fodder floor, using a Ghostlight Anticitank, or Mire Flyer or Mire Monk will let you make a nice extra profit. Obviously level dragons with bonuses for that day first and don't bother with the raffles, go for the fastlane sales. Also check the gem treasure ratio on the sell prices. The battle a couple weeks ago was giving an extra gem over what one could have bought with the treasure.

If you aquire any eggs, sell them before NotN starts because the prices plummet. This is the best time to sell eggs as people like to do mass hatchings for Christmas. Let them hatch ugly G1's while you hatch gems.

If you put in a set amount for a search (one reason I tend to buy fodder for gems), it will automatically put the oldest first so if you see 2 day olds at the start of the list for 4 gems, that's the oldest that are selling for 4 gems.

I've actually moved away from apparel to a large extent other than buying 3 gem or cheaper apparel to melt at Baldwin. If I had to suggest some marketplace items to try, gold wing bangles and gorgets. Otherwise, you might keep an eye out for things selling for 3 or 4 gems that don't have a lot of duplicates. and open another tab to check the treasure prices on those items. The Steampunk gear seems to be continually popular as well as the bloody bandages.

Learn the fast patterns for Glitter and Gloom. You can max the fairgrounds in 15 mins or less once you do.

Colli farming is still not a bad way to go, especially in venues that have needed mats for making stuff at Baldwin.

Finally, always be brewing at Baldwin's. This week I will be making geodes, otherwise it's a split between familiars and apparel in the pot. If you buy either for 3 gems, you'll make a profit on anything you get most of the time and if copper Muck gets too cheap, just hold it until the next festival week.

I hope this helps.
@Rainbowarcher22
Imma just ping myself since I'll need this later!
@Rainbowarcher22
Imma just ping myself since I'll need this later!
@Ygdrasill

You know, I've always had a question and I think you're the one to ask. What is the best course of action for rusted, iron, and gilded chests? Is it better to open them all or is it best to sell them on the AH? And is it ever worth buying these chests on the AH? If it is worth buying them, what is the price range you should seek to buy for? Thank you for your time.
@Ygdrasill

You know, I've always had a question and I think you're the one to ask. What is the best course of action for rusted, iron, and gilded chests? Is it better to open them all or is it best to sell them on the AH? And is it ever worth buying these chests on the AH? If it is worth buying them, what is the price range you should seek to buy for? Thank you for your time.
ZryO5nF.pngW38Mj4I.pngU15OJEU.pngywWF0OY.pngZryO5nF.png
@Thardus
The answer to that depends on how serious you are about listing almost everything sellable on the AH, melting everyting you can't sell for Baldwin mats, and holding the rest for trades with Crim and sales as fulls stacks to horders....errrr...collectors. in the 35kT/G range, gilded chests will earn you at least 50% profit and often more. Iron at 12kt/G likewise are, on average going to earn a nice profit over time, Rusted Chests under 3kT/g will likely earn a profit, but not as much because you don't get apparel and familiars as often which are much easier to sell directly and you can only melt so much at Baldwins. Chests you get for bonding with familiars I would always open. I have the time to sell the contents. If I need a quick 75k, I can just play the faircrounds for 20 mins. Also, I like opening them. It makes me happy to see what I get and unlike hatching eggs, I'm actually likely to do ok with selling the contents. (never hatch eggs).
@Thardus
The answer to that depends on how serious you are about listing almost everything sellable on the AH, melting everyting you can't sell for Baldwin mats, and holding the rest for trades with Crim and sales as fulls stacks to horders....errrr...collectors. in the 35kT/G range, gilded chests will earn you at least 50% profit and often more. Iron at 12kt/G likewise are, on average going to earn a nice profit over time, Rusted Chests under 3kT/g will likely earn a profit, but not as much because you don't get apparel and familiars as often which are much easier to sell directly and you can only melt so much at Baldwins. Chests you get for bonding with familiars I would always open. I have the time to sell the contents. If I need a quick 75k, I can just play the faircrounds for 20 mins. Also, I like opening them. It makes me happy to see what I get and unlike hatching eggs, I'm actually likely to do ok with selling the contents. (never hatch eggs).
@Ygdrasill

Thank you for taking the time to answer me. This is most helpful. I've actually been listening to this guide when it comes to dragon eggs recently and I have to say it's been real nice to pocket 250-290g per egg instead of having to exalt a dragon for like 6-10kt. I also love opening chests. Though, I was debating selling a few strange chests during NotN, but I do enjoy opening them, so maybe I won't. I do think this year I'll save up most of my eggs to sell later when the prices rise though. Thank you again!
@Ygdrasill

Thank you for taking the time to answer me. This is most helpful. I've actually been listening to this guide when it comes to dragon eggs recently and I have to say it's been real nice to pocket 250-290g per egg instead of having to exalt a dragon for like 6-10kt. I also love opening chests. Though, I was debating selling a few strange chests during NotN, but I do enjoy opening them, so maybe I won't. I do think this year I'll save up most of my eggs to sell later when the prices rise though. Thank you again!
ZryO5nF.pngW38Mj4I.pngU15OJEU.pngywWF0OY.pngZryO5nF.png
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 31 32