Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | FR Rules of Acquisition for Profit
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 31 32
^^^ I agree - have you seen how fast the sales forum moves @Nemayre , just sit and watch it for a couple of days - I have a hatchery, and you can literally sit there and bump your sales post *every ten minutes* because it's already fallen to page 2 or even as far as page 4 on a weekend. There are at any given time less than 4000 people on the site actively playing and recently we have been getting upwards of 90,000 dragons in the Auction House for sale daily - it has dropped to around 50,000 during PvA push but climbs back up quickly - there are far too many dragons and not enough players, so any hatchery becomes almost a full time promotion job. I used to do much better selling dragons on the Discord channels but even they have become full of people selling and very few people buying. Plus trends come and go - xxx Orca used to be the big thing and now there are so many of them I exalt about a dozen a week at fodder prices. I keep waiting for players to realize that dragon prices overall are way too high and not sustainable beyond things like the rare primal eyes, some unusual Gen1s, but ... other players keep falling into the trap of paying out too much for them so ... anyway exalt payouts and plowing through the coli with a two-fodder mire flyer or kelp kraken, remains the best way to make 100kt+ an hour, and I don't see that changing any time soon.
^^^ I agree - have you seen how fast the sales forum moves @Nemayre , just sit and watch it for a couple of days - I have a hatchery, and you can literally sit there and bump your sales post *every ten minutes* because it's already fallen to page 2 or even as far as page 4 on a weekend. There are at any given time less than 4000 people on the site actively playing and recently we have been getting upwards of 90,000 dragons in the Auction House for sale daily - it has dropped to around 50,000 during PvA push but climbs back up quickly - there are far too many dragons and not enough players, so any hatchery becomes almost a full time promotion job. I used to do much better selling dragons on the Discord channels but even they have become full of people selling and very few people buying. Plus trends come and go - xxx Orca used to be the big thing and now there are so many of them I exalt about a dozen a week at fodder prices. I keep waiting for players to realize that dragon prices overall are way too high and not sustainable beyond things like the rare primal eyes, some unusual Gen1s, but ... other players keep falling into the trap of paying out too much for them so ... anyway exalt payouts and plowing through the coli with a two-fodder mire flyer or kelp kraken, remains the best way to make 100kt+ an hour, and I don't see that changing any time soon.
duHgkuH.png
@Ygdrasill
This is a great resource! I had not thought to flip fodder hatchling (Im usually so busy just breeding a ton of my own for the fun of hatching them lol)

I had also not thought of buying bulk chests. That sounds promising. About how much is a good price for each chest?

@bonibaru
Is that 100kt per hour with fodder you buy or ones youve bred? What level do you exalt at? I know people used to say 7 but Ive seen both 4 and 10 a lot lately too @@;
@Ygdrasill
This is a great resource! I had not thought to flip fodder hatchling (Im usually so busy just breeding a ton of my own for the fun of hatching them lol)

I had also not thought of buying bulk chests. That sounds promising. About how much is a good price for each chest?

@bonibaru
Is that 100kt per hour with fodder you buy or ones youve bred? What level do you exalt at? I know people used to say 7 but Ive seen both 4 and 10 a lot lately too @@;
They/Them FR+2
@Alaia
Oh, when I'm training to exalt my own I usually stop at 6 unless my Kelp Kraken is still at high heatlth and then I might keep going to 7. It takes 4-5 minutes to level a pair up to 6 in the Kelp Beds and the payout is around 10k for non-bonus dragons. So if you buy hatchlings in the 5 gem range, you'll be making around 5500/dragon. Dragon prices are currently up around 7400 for adults so if you don't have time to coli, you could just flip for 2500-3000T profit per dragon. Not bad for just buying them and selling them a few days later.

If you're leveling for your own flight in a conquest battle, level 4 is by far the the most efficient. You can take a pair to 4 in Ghostlight in under 90 seconds, but in that situation you aren't looking to profit.
@Alaia
Oh, when I'm training to exalt my own I usually stop at 6 unless my Kelp Kraken is still at high heatlth and then I might keep going to 7. It takes 4-5 minutes to level a pair up to 6 in the Kelp Beds and the payout is around 10k for non-bonus dragons. So if you buy hatchlings in the 5 gem range, you'll be making around 5500/dragon. Dragon prices are currently up around 7400 for adults so if you don't have time to coli, you could just flip for 2500-3000T profit per dragon. Not bad for just buying them and selling them a few days later.

If you're leveling for your own flight in a conquest battle, level 4 is by far the the most efficient. You can take a pair to 4 in Ghostlight in under 90 seconds, but in that situation you aren't looking to profit.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
@xxstarpupx
just a quick self ping haha
@xxstarpupx
just a quick self ping haha
@Alaia a mix of both. In my flight (also your flight!) we have a great network of fodder breeders and trainers who are in touch with each other frequently on Discord especially, so for fundraising and other dom reasons we often have dragons flying all over between us. Any of my hatchlings that don't sell I exalt myself at adulthood, and I snipe cheap adults or hatchlings from the AH when I see them and have space. Flipping a 5kt/G or lower hatchling (or adult) for 12-15kT upon exalt (plus hoardselling or listing on the AH whatever drops you get that you don't need to keep) is a much better exchange rate than the forums :) I don't go over 8kT or 8G when buying adults.

The different coli guides have good discussions on what venues are the most profitable or where to go to farm for what items.

For a push when speed takes precedence over profit I level them to 5, which my mire flyer or kelp kraken can take two fodder to in a matter of a few minutes. If I'm not in a rush or don't have a ton of fodder to plow through I will usually go to level 7, or just keep smashing things until I run out of breath. I can get to level 7 in about 6-7 minutes depending on how brutal RNG feels like being, whether the dodge rate is being nice, and how many wartoads I have to restart to avoid. In the worst case it might take ~8 minutes to get to L7.

In several forum posts with compiled data to support their claims, the optimal price point for time spent leveling / exalt payout for the average fighter team working at a steady rate, is level 6. The increasing points needed to level after that makes the treasure-per-minute ratio drop off pretty quickly. After taking a couple to level 7, it's taking you so long to continue on leveling that pair, that you could have leveled up two more dragons by then. But if I hit level 6 and have a lot of breath left and coli is being nice I can get to 7 in good time. If I'm running low, I'll quit at 6 rather than risk a restart which will just waste time.
@Alaia a mix of both. In my flight (also your flight!) we have a great network of fodder breeders and trainers who are in touch with each other frequently on Discord especially, so for fundraising and other dom reasons we often have dragons flying all over between us. Any of my hatchlings that don't sell I exalt myself at adulthood, and I snipe cheap adults or hatchlings from the AH when I see them and have space. Flipping a 5kt/G or lower hatchling (or adult) for 12-15kT upon exalt (plus hoardselling or listing on the AH whatever drops you get that you don't need to keep) is a much better exchange rate than the forums :) I don't go over 8kT or 8G when buying adults.

The different coli guides have good discussions on what venues are the most profitable or where to go to farm for what items.

For a push when speed takes precedence over profit I level them to 5, which my mire flyer or kelp kraken can take two fodder to in a matter of a few minutes. If I'm not in a rush or don't have a ton of fodder to plow through I will usually go to level 7, or just keep smashing things until I run out of breath. I can get to level 7 in about 6-7 minutes depending on how brutal RNG feels like being, whether the dodge rate is being nice, and how many wartoads I have to restart to avoid. In the worst case it might take ~8 minutes to get to L7.

In several forum posts with compiled data to support their claims, the optimal price point for time spent leveling / exalt payout for the average fighter team working at a steady rate, is level 6. The increasing points needed to level after that makes the treasure-per-minute ratio drop off pretty quickly. After taking a couple to level 7, it's taking you so long to continue on leveling that pair, that you could have leveled up two more dragons by then. But if I hit level 6 and have a lot of breath left and coli is being nice I can get to 7 in good time. If I'm running low, I'll quit at 6 rather than risk a restart which will just waste time.
duHgkuH.png
@Ygdrasill
@bonibaru

Thank you both! I cant usually coli much but this will help a lot to make the most oit of it when I can.
@Ygdrasill
@bonibaru

Thank you both! I cant usually coli much but this will help a lot to make the most oit of it when I can.
They/Them FR+2
@Ygdrasill One thing I've always wondered is--how much time spent per day does it take you to make 300-400k daily? I hope to at least make 100k a day eventually because given my busy schedule I'm not sure I can quite get to the 300k-400k level.
@Ygdrasill One thing I've always wondered is--how much time spent per day does it take you to make 300-400k daily? I hope to at least make 100k a day eventually because given my busy schedule I'm not sure I can quite get to the 300k-400k level.
egg_adopt_sig_size.png
elduwen
He/she
Writing enthusiast
egg_adopt_sig_size.png
@Nemayre
I usually spend 20-30 mins listing auctions in the evening and if I have time, 10-15 in the morning replenishing the ones for material auctions that need it. Adult fodder generally sell for the most late afternoon when people are getting off work and then again after dinner time. I've been doing less with the AH lately just because I've been pursuing other interests and really don't have that much I need to save for anymore. 100k a day should be pretty easy and take even less time.
@Nemayre
I usually spend 20-30 mins listing auctions in the evening and if I have time, 10-15 in the morning replenishing the ones for material auctions that need it. Adult fodder generally sell for the most late afternoon when people are getting off work and then again after dinner time. I've been doing less with the AH lately just because I've been pursuing other interests and really don't have that much I need to save for anymore. 100k a day should be pretty easy and take even less time.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
self save! thanks
self save! thanks
@Ygdrasill Ah! This is very helpful, thanks for posting this! By the way, I love the title! ^_^ [img]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/NoO3Qc6o4ys/hqdefault.jpg[/img]
@Ygdrasill

Ah! This is very helpful, thanks for posting this! By the way, I love the title! ^_^

hqdefault.jpg
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 31 32