Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | FR Rules of Acquisition for Profit
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 31 32
@Talismarr yeah with your lair size and the currently fodder price, you will make more profit by train and exalt than resell them.
@Talismarr yeah with your lair size and the currently fodder price, you will make more profit by train and exalt than resell them.
GkKw54H.png
@Talismarr @5H4D0WDU57
I love seeing others helping answer questions on this thread. Yes I batch list my adult fodder once a day and replace them as soon as possble when they sell. I don't come close to doubling my money unless there's a major dom battle going on. I make between 1400 and 2k per dragon flipped usually. If you have time and don't mind a little coli grinding, you'd make more taking them to level 6 and exalting yourself. I just happen to hate the coli more than I want that extra treasure.

When there is be careful that last couple days because the fodder hatchling price will go up and generally the fodder adult price plummets as soon as the battle is over. I generally snipe some cheap hatchlings throughout the week, but the day after a dom battle is one of the few times I'm likely to have empty slots.

Regarding buying hatchlings with gems, the treasure gem ratio is up around 1:1100 now so it makes no sense to buy hatchlings over 4 gems other than maybe 5 day olds if there aren't any at a lower treasure equivalent. It's also gotten much more difficult to buy gems with treasure. There just aren't many gem sellers around and running a buy thread is is a pain in the tail.
@Talismarr @5H4D0WDU57
I love seeing others helping answer questions on this thread. Yes I batch list my adult fodder once a day and replace them as soon as possble when they sell. I don't come close to doubling my money unless there's a major dom battle going on. I make between 1400 and 2k per dragon flipped usually. If you have time and don't mind a little coli grinding, you'd make more taking them to level 6 and exalting yourself. I just happen to hate the coli more than I want that extra treasure.

When there is be careful that last couple days because the fodder hatchling price will go up and generally the fodder adult price plummets as soon as the battle is over. I generally snipe some cheap hatchlings throughout the week, but the day after a dom battle is one of the few times I'm likely to have empty slots.

Regarding buying hatchlings with gems, the treasure gem ratio is up around 1:1100 now so it makes no sense to buy hatchlings over 4 gems other than maybe 5 day olds if there aren't any at a lower treasure equivalent. It's also gotten much more difficult to buy gems with treasure. There just aren't many gem sellers around and running a buy thread is is a pain in the tail.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
@Ygdrasill

I can't always be on to flip dragons, but I have about just enough breeding pairs to always have a nest filled. When they hatch I either list them right away or wait for them to grow.

Is it worth it to keep hatchlings hanging out in your lair until adults? Or will that drop the energy bar below 80% because of all the extra dragons not eating? (I try not to feed my dragons until all the fodder has been sold.)
@Ygdrasill

I can't always be on to flip dragons, but I have about just enough breeding pairs to always have a nest filled. When they hatch I either list them right away or wait for them to grow.

Is it worth it to keep hatchlings hanging out in your lair until adults? Or will that drop the energy bar below 80% because of all the extra dragons not eating? (I try not to feed my dragons until all the fodder has been sold.)
2yGTNC2.png
xYjY92X.jpg
I don't usually worry about food issues. I just feed mine once a day and call it good. What I can't get by gathering, I generally buy. Very occasionally I'll spend 20 mins or so farming in the coli
I don't usually worry about food issues. I just feed mine once a day and call it good. What I can't get by gathering, I generally buy. Very occasionally I'll spend 20 mins or so farming in the coli
@Ygdrasill Wanted to thank you for this thread, it gave me the incentive to start posting more actively in the AH. Starting to regret all the months of hoard selling xD
@Ygdrasill Wanted to thank you for this thread, it gave me the incentive to start posting more actively in the AH. Starting to regret all the months of hoard selling xD
JOMDIQa.png
@Annalynn
Glad it's helping. Certain items you might as well hoard sell. If they aren't needed by Swipp, Baldwin, or for an achieve, chances are they won't sell very well on the AH. For those though you might as well get the higher prices.
@Annalynn
Glad it's helping. Certain items you might as well hoard sell. If they aren't needed by Swipp, Baldwin, or for an achieve, chances are they won't sell very well on the AH. For those though you might as well get the higher prices.
@Ygdrasill It's the food mostly; 10g a stack really starts adding up. Especially since I live in the coli.
@Ygdrasill It's the food mostly; 10g a stack really starts adding up. Especially since I live in the coli.
JOMDIQa.png
@5H4D0WDU57 @Ygdrasill Thanks again for the help! So far I've gotten one expansion and definitely made a bit on selling/exalting 6 day old adults. It seems that the margin is closing between 4-5 days olds and adults, do you ever have to pick up 3 day olds? I've been trying to just scour for 4-5 day olds but they are becoming fewer and more far between. Also, I quite liked this advice: [quote name="Ygdrasill" date=2016-05-15 19:39:01]If you don't list it, it can't sell. [/quote]
@5H4D0WDU57 @Ygdrasill

Thanks again for the help! So far I've gotten one expansion and definitely made a bit on selling/exalting 6 day old adults. It seems that the margin is closing between 4-5 days olds and adults, do you ever have to pick up 3 day olds? I've been trying to just scour for 4-5 day olds but they are becoming fewer and more far between.

Also, I quite liked this advice:
Ygdrasill wrote on 2016-05-15:
If you don't list it, it can't sell.
earthshieldr.png
@Talismarr
With the most recent AH update, it now autosorts by ID# which amounts to sorting by age at any given price range so it's tougher now because it's no effort to find them. Yes I'm starting to pick up 3 day olds and even new hatchlings if they are cheap enough.
@Talismarr
With the most recent AH update, it now autosorts by ID# which amounts to sorting by age at any given price range so it's tougher now because it's no effort to find them. Yes I'm starting to pick up 3 day olds and even new hatchlings if they are cheap enough.
Bumping this because in my time in FR I've never seen a better, smarter, more inspirational, concise and immediately actionable guide for making dragon dolla. Thanks for this!!
Bumping this because in my time in FR I've never seen a better, smarter, more inspirational, concise and immediately actionable guide for making dragon dolla. Thanks for this!!
oTVkboM.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 31 32