Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Sornieth Apprenticeship Program (SAP)
1 2 3
[columns][color=transparent]xx[/color][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/11300.png[/img][nextcol][center][font=times new roman][size=7][color=saddlebrown]Sornieth Apprenticeship Program[/size][/font][/center][nextcol][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/11298.png[/img][/columns] [center][/center] ------ [font=baskerville][size=4]All throughout Sornieth are dragons of exceptional skill and craft, veritable masters of their trade in everything from blacksmithing, to dancing, to the magical arts and beyond. However, one must wonder: who will train the next generation of masters and tradesmen? For that matter, who trained the masters? Enter the [color=saddlebrown][b]Sornieth Apprenticeship Program[/b][/color] (SAP), a place where would-be apprentices can seek mentors in their desired fields and masters can advertise their skills and renown. Don't think that's the limit to SAP's uses though, the information provided here can be used to form guilds, connect colleagues, find services, and more![/size][/font] ------ [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/196.png[/img][nextcol][font=baskerville][url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Fpv5K6B-sfBaEhHS9ShkzKtYHo4GK4cf3z7obsAcWSg/viewform][color=saddlebrown][size=6][b][u]Submission[/u] [u]Form[/u][/b][/size][/color][/url] [size=4]Submit masters for apprentices to find![/size][/font][nextcol][color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][size=6][color=transparent]x[/color][/size][color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxx[/color][nextcol][font=baskerville][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n4u-xXTDojhPyBAkOHl3WY6k647s5TtD0IWgfjyMNzA/edit?usp=sharing][color=saddlebrown][size=6][b][u]Masters'[/u] [u]Spreadsheet[/u][/b][/size][/color][/url] [size=4]Find masters to train your dragons![/size][/font][nextcol][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/14446.png[/img][/columns] ----- [center][font=baskerville][color=saddlebrown]+ [size=4][b] FAQ [/b][/size] +[/color][/font][/center] + [b][color=saddlebrown]What is this?[/color][/b] [font=baskerville][size=4]This is the Sornieth Apprenticeship Program, or SAP! It's a roleplay and lore resource that people can use to make interclan connections between their dragons! Basically people submit a dragon they have who would be skilled in a particular trade (Blacksmithing, Painting, Familiar Wrangling, etc.), and then people can come along and ask if they can have their dragons be their apprentice (or have been their apprentice in the past). It's a nice way to have others included in your clan lore without having to buy lore hatchlings or commit to a Clan Alliance c:[/size][/font] + [b][color=saddlebrown]How do I get my dragons on the SAP Spreadsheet?[/color][/b] [font=baskerville][size=4]Fill out [b][color=saddlebrown]Submission Form[/color][/b] above! Please, [i]please[/i] follow the directions on the form and make sure everything looks right before you submit your dragon to sheet. We only have so many people moderating the sheet and we want to keep editing down to a minimum.[/size][/font] + [b][color=saddlebrown]How many dragons can I submit to the Masters' spreadsheet?[/color][/b] [font=baskerville][size=4]Currently we don't have a limit on how many dragons a person can enter, however my suggestion would be to try and keep it between 3 or 4. If your clan is dedicated to one trade or craft, maybe narrow it down to dragons who are in leadership positions and then elaborate on other potential masters once contacted by a potential apprentice.[/size][/font] + [b][color=saddlebrown]Do we have to roleplay with our dragon's apprentice/master?[/color][/b] [font=baskerville][size=4]Nope! The amount of interaction you want to put into it is between you and whoever you're talking to. It could be a full out roleplay, or it could be something as simple as a mention in a dragon's bio![/size][/font] + [b][color=saddlebrown]I want to find a blacksmith/painter/familiar wrangler on the spreadsheet but I don't want to sift through all those dragons! How can I find them without scrolling through everything?[/color][/b] [font=baskerville][size=4]While on the sheet, press Control + F (or Command + F if you're on a mac). A little search box should pop up in the upper right-hand corner, and using that you can input keywords relating to the profession you're looking for to find the dragons you want![/size][/font] + [b][color=saddlebrown]I found a dragon I want to be my dragon's master/colleague/whatever! Now what?[/color][/b] [font=baskerville][size=4]Send them a message! Either PM them or contact them on their tumblr (if they have one). Just remember to be polite, and if you get turned down for whatever reason, that's okay![/size][/font] + [b][color=saddlebrown]Oops! I need something edited on the spreadsheet! Who do I contact?[/color][/b] [font=baskerville][size=4]Ping one of the Spreadsheet Mods (see the [color=saddlebrown][b]Contact Us[/b][/color] section below) and tell them what needs to be changed! Please note that we'd prefer it if editing was kept down to a minimum, so double check your form before hitting submit![/size][/font] ----- [center][font=baskerville][color=saddlebrown]+ [size=4][b]Rules[/b][/size] +[/color][/font][/center] [LIST=1] [*] [font=baskerville][size=4]DO NOT use the Masters' Spreadsheet for anything besides contacting potential mentors. This means ping spam, shop advertisements, etc.[/size][/font] [*] [font=baskerville][size=4]It's been said before but I'll say it again: [i]Double check your form before submitting[/i]. Make sure everything is inputted correctly! That means no spelling or grammar mistakes, no errant '#'s, and all the name and ID boxes filled in![/size][/font] [*] [font=baskerville][size=4]We'll be doing an activity check once every couple of months to remove inactive/exalted dragons. If you want your dragon to stay on the sheet, respond![/size][/font] [/LIST] ----- [center][font=baskerville][color=saddlebrown]+ [size=4][b]Contact Us[/b][/size] +[/color][/font][/center] [center][color=saddlebrown][font=baskerville][size=4][b]Spreadsheet Moderators[/b][/size][/font][/color] [font=baskerville][size=4]Contact these people if you need a dragon removed from the spreadsheet, or need something edited![/size][/font] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=47514]Chee[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=5894]junipa[/url] [center][color=saddlebrown][font=baskerville][size=4][b]Thread Moderators[/b][/size][/font][/color] [font=baskerville][size=4]Contact these people if you have questions![/size][/font] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=34593]Merethic[/url][/center] ------ [center][font=baskerville][color=saddlebrown]+ [size=4][b]Special Thanks[/b][/size] +[/color][/font] [font=baskerville][size=4]Special thanks to Chee for creating the spreadsheet and form![/size][/font][/center] ----- [center][font=baskerville][color=saddlebrown]+ [size=4][b]Other[/b][/size] +[/color] [size=4]Forum thread and spreadsheet may be undergoing some renovations to more obviously include other uses besides apprenticeships. Stay tuned![/size][/font][/center]
xx11300.png
Sornieth Apprenticeship Program
11298.png

All throughout Sornieth are dragons of exceptional skill and craft, veritable masters of their trade in everything from blacksmithing, to dancing, to the magical arts and beyond. However, one must wonder: who will train the next generation of masters and tradesmen? For that matter, who trained the masters? Enter the Sornieth Apprenticeship Program (SAP), a place where would-be apprentices can seek mentors in their desired fields and masters can advertise their skills and renown. Don't think that's the limit to SAP's uses though, the information provided here can be used to form guilds, connect colleagues, find services, and more!

196.png Submission
Form

Submit masters for
apprentices to find!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Masters'
Spreadsheet

Find masters to train
your dragons!
14446.png

+ FAQ +

+ What is this?
This is the Sornieth Apprenticeship Program, or SAP! It's a roleplay and lore resource that people can use to make interclan connections between their dragons! Basically people submit a dragon they have who would be skilled in a particular trade (Blacksmithing, Painting, Familiar Wrangling, etc.), and then people can come along and ask if they can have their dragons be their apprentice (or have been their apprentice in the past). It's a nice way to have others included in your clan lore without having to buy lore hatchlings or commit to a Clan Alliance c:

+ How do I get my dragons on the SAP Spreadsheet?
Fill out Submission Form above! Please, please follow the directions on the form and make sure everything looks right before you submit your dragon to sheet. We only have so many people moderating the sheet and we want to keep editing down to a minimum.

+ How many dragons can I submit to the Masters' spreadsheet?
Currently we don't have a limit on how many dragons a person can enter, however my suggestion would be to try and keep it between 3 or 4. If your clan is dedicated to one trade or craft, maybe narrow it down to dragons who are in leadership positions and then elaborate on other potential masters once contacted by a potential apprentice.

+ Do we have to roleplay with our dragon's apprentice/master?
Nope! The amount of interaction you want to put into it is between you and whoever you're talking to. It could be a full out roleplay, or it could be something as simple as a mention in a dragon's bio!

+ I want to find a blacksmith/painter/familiar wrangler on the spreadsheet but I don't want to sift through all those dragons! How can I find them without scrolling through everything?
While on the sheet, press Control + F (or Command + F if you're on a mac). A little search box should pop up in the upper right-hand corner, and using that you can input keywords relating to the profession you're looking for to find the dragons you want!

+ I found a dragon I want to be my dragon's master/colleague/whatever! Now what?
Send them a message! Either PM them or contact them on their tumblr (if they have one). Just remember to be polite, and if you get turned down for whatever reason, that's okay!

+ Oops! I need something edited on the spreadsheet! Who do I contact?
Ping one of the Spreadsheet Mods (see the Contact Us section below) and tell them what needs to be changed! Please note that we'd prefer it if editing was kept down to a minimum, so double check your form before hitting submit!

+ Rules +

1. DO NOT use the Masters' Spreadsheet for anything besides contacting potential mentors. This means ping spam, shop advertisements, etc.
  2. It's been said before but I'll say it again: Double check your form before submitting. Make sure everything is inputted correctly! That means no spelling or grammar mistakes, no errant '#'s, and all the name and ID boxes filled in!
  3. We'll be doing an activity check once every couple of months to remove inactive/exalted dragons. If you want your dragon to stay on the sheet, respond!

+ Contact Us +

Spreadsheet Moderators
Contact these people if you need a dragon removed from the spreadsheet, or need something edited!

Chee, junipa

Thread Moderators
Contact these people if you have questions!

Merethic

+ Special Thanks +

Special thanks to Chee for creating the spreadsheet and form!

+ Other +

Forum thread and spreadsheet may be undergoing some renovations to more obviously include other uses besides apprenticeships. Stay tuned!
Badge.png
+ Reserved +
+ Reserved +
Badge.png
+ Reserved +
+ Reserved +
Badge.png
reserved!
reserved!
oYd3ccR.png xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
seeking XYZ (or any double!) g1 with
coral, clay, & gloom in any order

fr +0
he/him
And we're open! :D @Ith @Xari (I know there's more people that wanted pings but HOO BOY I've got a lot of notes to pour through...)
And we're open! :D @Ith @Xari (I know there's more people that wanted pings but HOO BOY I've got a lot of notes to pour through...)
Badge.png
A bump because this idea is adorable. I put my gross hex and potion master Vinculus up and Pod, nature magician and reluctant mayor. I might put more up later. I hope to see a lot of connections made from this, it's such a cute idea! I'm so impressed with the auto-formatting on that sheet, too, lol. Nice job, everyone.
A bump because this idea is adorable. I put my gross hex and potion master Vinculus up and Pod, nature magician and reluctant mayor. I might put more up later. I hope to see a lot of connections made from this, it's such a cute idea! I'm so impressed with the auto-formatting on that sheet, too, lol. Nice job, everyone.
Awww this is so cute. I'm totally submitting some of my dragons as mentors.
Awww this is so cute. I'm totally submitting some of my dragons as mentors.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
I really love this idea! I've already submitted a few possible mentors to the spreadsheet, and I hope to see some neato RPs come from this idea!
I really love this idea! I've already submitted a few possible mentors to the spreadsheet, and I hope to see some neato RPs come from this idea!
Totally applied a Master, and hoping to further the lore for some of my dragons!
Totally applied a Master, and hoping to further the lore for some of my dragons!
bipolarbear___blitzmark_by_draconoblade-dbcmp8l.pngtumblr_orirsqIoJr1u6igfro1_r1_400.pngbipolarbear___brisket_by_draconoblade-dbcmp8e.png
A fantastic idea! Can't wait to share lore shenanigans with everyone! :)
A fantastic idea! Can't wait to share lore shenanigans with everyone! :)
tumblr_nypuavqh4z1tdfiqoo3_100.png 11efmKl.pngJuaytuP.pngmjtJ868.png
hWPjBUy.pngdT9HQge.pngXAx6hs9.png
Clan Cloud Brush
CB/Cuddles/Bunny; 20s, F, SEA
LuYynDz.png
1 2 3