Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] Ghostbuster / Ruins Raider build
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
@justiceturtle

Thanks for the guide! I didn't see this when the venue first came out, so I just went with my Mire trainer. Instead of doing two fodder strat, I just brought in my healer.

Have my healer rally my Mire trainer, and then he can usually one shot Eliminate everything with a couple exceptions. It's going alright. I don't have a nature/water lv 25 dragon on hand to test this out, but maybe in the future! After the festival! :)
@justiceturtle

Thanks for the guide! I didn't see this when the venue first came out, so I just went with my Mire trainer. Instead of doing two fodder strat, I just brought in my healer.

Have my healer rally my Mire trainer, and then he can usually one shot Eliminate everything with a couple exceptions. It's going alright. I don't have a nature/water lv 25 dragon on hand to test this out, but maybe in the future! After the festival! :)
dlYPgFj.png
Thanks! Just curious though, I think I've seen a forum post somewhere here about someone trying the Mire build (117 STR, 70 SPD, 25 VIT). Do you think this build would work in the reverse situation ie. running this build in the Mire?
Thanks! Just curious though, I think I've seen a forum post somewhere here about someone trying the Mire build (117 STR, 70 SPD, 25 VIT). Do you think this build would work in the reverse situation ie. running this build in the Mire?
@JsonShoe

115 STR in the mire is really not great with the new slightly stronger toridae -- you need 117 STR to rally eliminate the venomous toridae now. I'll probably be back to the mire all the time after this week as it's still so much faster timewise and less deadly.

although I don't know how using haste would effect things as I don't have haste equipped.
@JsonShoe

115 STR in the mire is really not great with the new slightly stronger toridae -- you need 117 STR to rally eliminate the venomous toridae now. I'll probably be back to the mire all the time after this week as it's still so much faster timewise and less deadly.

although I don't know how using haste would effect things as I don't have haste equipped.
@jbapple

Gotcha, thanks! I just thought it was interesting that my mire build was actually having problems in the ruins (or maybe I was just doing something wrong) so I was wondering how the reverse would go.

But I'm also kind of curious, since the ruin build decreases damage but ups the speed for the wisps or whatever, is it possible to make a 117 str and 76 spd drag or is that just not possible. If it is, wouldn't that allow you to run the same build for both?
@jbapple

Gotcha, thanks! I just thought it was interesting that my mire build was actually having problems in the ruins (or maybe I was just doing something wrong) so I was wondering how the reverse would go.

But I'm also kind of curious, since the ruin build decreases damage but ups the speed for the wisps or whatever, is it possible to make a 117 str and 76 spd drag or is that just not possible. If it is, wouldn't that allow you to run the same build for both?
@JsonShow

the 117str mire build hates being in the ruins solo with two fodder (rip food stores) but with frequent restarts you can train there. It's much more effective to grind in that zone with 2 L25s and a fodder dragon or 3 L25s but I train for profit exalting always speedwise if you just want drops.

I think (although I haven't played with the stats) that 117STR and 76 QCK would be too low in VIT so you'd die way too often in the mire (if it's even mathematically doable, I don't know).

my backup arcane dragon at 115STR+ghostbuster stats does better in the ruins than the 117STR arcane mire build though.

<-- don't ask why I have 2 arcane L25s, the answer is a recent raffle prize and future ice loaner mire trainer.

@JsonShow

the 117str mire build hates being in the ruins solo with two fodder (rip food stores) but with frequent restarts you can train there. It's much more effective to grind in that zone with 2 L25s and a fodder dragon or 3 L25s but I train for profit exalting always speedwise if you just want drops.

I think (although I haven't played with the stats) that 117STR and 76 QCK would be too low in VIT so you'd die way too often in the mire (if it's even mathematically doable, I don't know).

my backup arcane dragon at 115STR+ghostbuster stats does better in the ruins than the 117STR arcane mire build though.

<-- don't ask why I have 2 arcane L25s, the answer is a recent raffle prize and future ice loaner mire trainer.

@JusticeTurtle @Nonbeenaries

(Wipe the sweat)
yup, Tengu and LN's are can't kill Rally+3Scr, but Rally+Eli can kill them.
other enemies can wipe to Rally+3Scr, so Tengu and LNs are not good starter's pack.
@JusticeTurtle @Nonbeenaries

(Wipe the sweat)
yup, Tengu and LN's are can't kill Rally+3Scr, but Rally+Eli can kill them.
other enemies can wipe to Rally+3Scr, so Tengu and LNs are not good starter's pack.
2OTuj7X.png XShcv.gif Free Familiar Delivery Service
[Shop] Windswept Bazaar
A [hatchery] with no intention of selling
Clan's Lineage
I keep shred instead of using haste.
I keep shred instead of using haste.
Dragon Born

9184257420_43ce7619d6_c_zpsp8k4pbji.jpg
[quote name="JsonShoe" date=2016-02-24 05:35:36] But I'm also kind of curious, since the ruin build decreases damage but ups the speed for the wisps or whatever, is it possible to make a 117 str and 76 spd drag or is that just not possible. If it is, wouldn't that allow you to run the same build for both? [/quote] @JsonShoe @jbapple According to [url=https://c5a1253cf139bea77c55efb74522b35b9835d4aa.googledrive.com/host/0B17SsT1ETjiyckVmUXRvOHNTR1k/Stat%20Allocation%20Calculator.html]Sylvandyr's stat allocation tool[/url], it isn't possible -- the highest qck you can get with 117 str is 75 qck. And your vit in that case would be 7, which would let any mage you were weak to OHK you on a crit. So, yeah, I really wouldn't want to try to run a double-leveler with that build in both venues, or honestly in either venue; my feeling is that there'd be so much restarting it wouldn't be worth the trouble, either in exp gained or in food supplies. :P
JsonShoe wrote on 2016-02-24:

@JsonShoe @jbapple According to Sylvandyr's stat allocation tool, it isn't possible -- the highest qck you can get with 117 str is 75 qck. And your vit in that case would be 7, which would let any mage you were weak to OHK you on a crit.

So, yeah, I really wouldn't want to try to run a double-leveler with that build in both venues, or honestly in either venue; my feeling is that there'd be so much restarting it wouldn't be worth the trouble, either in exp gained or in food supplies. :P
tumblr_omdjqr5YYp1r4lw2fo1_500.png
@JusticeTurtle @jbapple

Fair enough, I completely forgot to think about the vitality stat. Since I don't have the treasure to restate a dragon, I'm currently running two trainer drags in the ruins just to make things easier. Thanks for the responses! Time to just go back to grinding to get some of those chests ... which I'm never gonna get :(
@JusticeTurtle @jbapple

Fair enough, I completely forgot to think about the vitality stat. Since I don't have the treasure to restate a dragon, I'm currently running two trainer drags in the ruins just to make things easier. Thanks for the responses! Time to just go back to grinding to get some of those chests ... which I'm never gonna get :(
I've noticed that if the group you're fighting has 2 or more magic casters, you can use them to build breath or heal by using haste and scratch/sap-eliminate. More often than not, if they don't meditate multiple times they attack the fodder dragons instead.
I've noticed that if the group you're fighting has 2 or more magic casters, you can use them to build breath or heal by using haste and scratch/sap-eliminate. More often than not, if they don't meditate multiple times they attack the fodder dragons instead.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12