Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Spreadsheet] Fancy Familiar Tracker
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 43 44
@Twinkletoe: I think i figured it out!!! Are you copying and pasting the old information from an older sheet without the extra column into the newer sheet, with the column?

If you are, you need to select everything up to the Maren ambusher from your original sheet, paste that into the new one, copy the maren scout line, paste that, then copy everything below starting from the Maren Warlock.

What's happening is that when you paste something in from the old sheet, the cell that the maren warlock is on is two cells above where it is in the new sheet. So (I just closed the sheet, these aren't the real cell numbers) G14 in the old sheet would actually be G16 in the new one, because there are two new lines above it.

Does that explain what's happening? *fingers crossed that we've solved it!*
@Twinkletoe: I think i figured it out!!! Are you copying and pasting the old information from an older sheet without the extra column into the newer sheet, with the column?

If you are, you need to select everything up to the Maren ambusher from your original sheet, paste that into the new one, copy the maren scout line, paste that, then copy everything below starting from the Maren Warlock.

What's happening is that when you paste something in from the old sheet, the cell that the maren warlock is on is two cells above where it is in the new sheet. So (I just closed the sheet, these aren't the real cell numbers) G14 in the old sheet would actually be G16 in the new one, because there are two new lines above it.

Does that explain what's happening? *fingers crossed that we've solved it!*
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler yes, I believe that is exactly what happened. I thought you had accounted for that, so I just copied the entire column, not the individual cells. I thought that was what you meant in your instructions. Well, explained. In future I will just copy the cells and not the column.
@rhubarbcobbler yes, I believe that is exactly what happened. I thought you had accounted for that, so I just copied the entire column, not the individual cells. I thought that was what you meant in your instructions. Well, explained. In future I will just copy the cells and not the column.
dpwzZNV.pngE36y0uf.gif
@Twinkletoe: Unless people ask for another column, you should just be able to copy the new familiar's row over into your original sheet, into a row you've added at the proper place. You shouldn't need to copy *everything* every time, just the things marked with the X in the 'new to the sheet?' column.

Glad we figured this out!
@Twinkletoe: Unless people ask for another column, you should just be able to copy the new familiar's row over into your original sheet, into a row you've added at the proper place. You shouldn't need to copy *everything* every time, just the things marked with the X in the 'new to the sheet?' column.

Glad we figured this out!
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler
I have gotten some of the new familiars. When will you be adding them?
@rhubarbcobbler
I have gotten some of the new familiars. When will you be adding them?
dpwzZNV.pngE36y0uf.gif
@Xari
@Charoula
@ouranographer
@StormEater
@Roadkill
@Twinkletoe
@Xinda
@Cluttermouse

GOODNESS that was an update. They're all there now! Let me know if I've put any in the wrong categories, it was a long day today and I'm tired.
@Xari
@Charoula
@ouranographer
@StormEater
@Roadkill
@Twinkletoe
@Xinda
@Cluttermouse

GOODNESS that was an update. They're all there now! Let me know if I've put any in the wrong categories, it was a long day today and I'm tired.
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler
Thank you so much! No one can say you're dragging your feet on this, it's just brill
@rhubarbcobbler
Thank you so much! No one can say you're dragging your feet on this, it's just brill
@rhubarbcobbler bless you.
@rhubarbcobbler bless you.
4fgGuro.png
2EqzIAg.png
@rhubarbcobbler Hey, hey - don't push yourself if you're too tired and all! Make sure to take care of you first and all!

Though, again, I'd like to send my appreciation for you doing this!
@rhubarbcobbler Hey, hey - don't push yourself if you're too tired and all! Make sure to take care of you first and all!

Though, again, I'd like to send my appreciation for you doing this!
tumblr_inline_njw5ja1AaE1qg2i5p.gif
@Twinkletoe: :D Sorry, I should have pinged you in the last one. They're all in! (which I'm sure you've seen by now, but... y'know... Ducks in a row?)

@ouranographer: I would like to put the 'brill' line as a recommendation, haha. I love it!

@Roadkill: You are welcome! I'm so glad it's helpful.

@Xinda: No, I really wanted to get those in! If I stay on top of things, things get done. If I had waited for the festival familiar.... Ugh. That way lies madness! And un-updated spreadsheets!

@Twinkletoe: :D Sorry, I should have pinged you in the last one. They're all in! (which I'm sure you've seen by now, but... y'know... Ducks in a row?)

@ouranographer: I would like to put the 'brill' line as a recommendation, haha. I love it!

@Roadkill: You are welcome! I'm so glad it's helpful.

@Xinda: No, I really wanted to get those in! If I stay on top of things, things get done. If I had waited for the festival familiar.... Ugh. That way lies madness! And un-updated spreadsheets!

Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler I don't know what's wrong with me. I work with excel spreadsheets all the time, and I know the Google are different, but not that different!!
I tried just inserting a new row for the new familiars, then copying your new row and pasting to mine. It copied, but sometimes the picture is not there and sometimes it is. Some of the squares are white, or the words or picture are not centered. So something is wrong. Can you go in and look at the new ones and see what is wrong and tell me how to fix them?.
@rhubarbcobbler I don't know what's wrong with me. I work with excel spreadsheets all the time, and I know the Google are different, but not that different!!
I tried just inserting a new row for the new familiars, then copying your new row and pasting to mine. It copied, but sometimes the picture is not there and sometimes it is. Some of the squares are white, or the words or picture are not centered. So something is wrong. Can you go in and look at the new ones and see what is wrong and tell me how to fix them?.
dpwzZNV.pngE36y0uf.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 43 44