Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Spreadsheet] Fancy Familiar Tracker
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44
@rhubarbcobbler I finished filling in my chart and have one problem. For some reason, on the Permafrost Impaler line, when I put no in the attached to familiar column, it turns the Dragon ID# square red. I tried copying down from the box above, and also pasting a working box on it, but it would not change. All the other lines and boxes work fine so far.
@rhubarbcobbler I finished filling in my chart and have one problem. For some reason, on the Permafrost Impaler line, when I put no in the attached to familiar column, it turns the Dragon ID# square red. I tried copying down from the box above, and also pasting a working box on it, but it would not change. All the other lines and boxes work fine so far.
dpwzZNV.pngE36y0uf.gif
@Twinkletoe: Is that ID being used twice? That's what should happen if you have ID 1234567 in two separate boxes, to let you know that you've got one familiar attached to two dragons. Copy the ID, hit control+F (edit>find, maybe?) and paste the ID in. If there are two results, double check which familiar that dragon has.

If that doesn't fix it, you could PM me a link to your file (if you don't want to post it publicly), and I can take a look.

Hope that helps!
@Twinkletoe: Is that ID being used twice? That's what should happen if you have ID 1234567 in two separate boxes, to let you know that you've got one familiar attached to two dragons. Copy the ID, hit control+F (edit>find, maybe?) and paste the ID in. If there are two results, double check which familiar that dragon has.

If that doesn't fix it, you could PM me a link to your file (if you don't want to post it publicly), and I can take a look.

Hope that helps!
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler No. I wasn't putting anything in the box. The familiar is not attached. It just turned red when I said I no in the box to the left of it. I will PM.
@rhubarbcobbler No. I wasn't putting anything in the box. The familiar is not attached. It just turned red when I said I no in the box to the left of it. I will PM.
dpwzZNV.pngE36y0uf.gif
@Twinkletoe: It's an odd conditional formatting issue, I must have clicked on that cell when I was making the rule. :S It's fixed both in your sheet and on the templates. Thank you for telling me!
@Twinkletoe: It's an odd conditional formatting issue, I must have clicked on that cell when I was making the rule. :S It's fixed both in your sheet and on the templates. Thank you for telling me!
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler I saw. Thanks!
@rhubarbcobbler I saw. Thanks!
dpwzZNV.pngE36y0uf.gif
@Xari
@Charoula
@ouranographer
@StormEater
@Roadkill
@Twinkletoe
@Xinda

Now there is a new version linked in the first post, v1.1.

It has an extra column to record the number of each Familiar you have. I also fixed a weird conditional formatting problem, not sure how it happened. :S

To copy your stuff over into a new version: Make a copy of text or no text. Select rows Aquired, With dragon, and Dragon ID in your original file. Copy. Go to the new one, and go paste>paste special>paste VALUES only.

Do the same for the Name of Familiar and level of bonding, then for your date column if you'd like that. The date one will give you a warning that you're editing a protected range, you can click 'ignore', it's fine this time.

It's nice to have a sheet that is so easy to update between versions!

Hope that helps, and hope you like the new column. oUob
@Xari
@Charoula
@ouranographer
@StormEater
@Roadkill
@Twinkletoe
@Xinda

Now there is a new version linked in the first post, v1.1.

It has an extra column to record the number of each Familiar you have. I also fixed a weird conditional formatting problem, not sure how it happened. :S

To copy your stuff over into a new version: Make a copy of text or no text. Select rows Aquired, With dragon, and Dragon ID in your original file. Copy. Go to the new one, and go paste>paste special>paste VALUES only.

Do the same for the Name of Familiar and level of bonding, then for your date column if you'd like that. The date one will give you a warning that you're editing a protected range, you can click 'ignore', it's fine this time.

It's nice to have a sheet that is so easy to update between versions!

Hope that helps, and hope you like the new column. oUob
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler

Hey, nice, I was missing something like this from the other sheets floating around c: Thanks! Also, I never noticed that it'll warn you if you have more than one familiar assigned to one dragon's ID. Super helpful, now that I know what it is.

(Is there a reason we couldn't just insert a new column in existing sheets?)
@rhubarbcobbler

Hey, nice, I was missing something like this from the other sheets floating around c: Thanks! Also, I never noticed that it'll warn you if you have more than one familiar assigned to one dragon's ID. Super helpful, now that I know what it is.

(Is there a reason we couldn't just insert a new column in existing sheets?)
@ouranographer: I'm just not that organised, I never bother counting how many of each familiar I have haha. (I should though, I have buckets of some of them!) I never thought to put it in... Whoooops.

Glad the highlighting IDs helps!

You can add that column yourself, if you'd like. You'll have to go to each of the sorted tabs and adjust the queries (you can copy and paste from my main v1.1 sheet) and add another column to the right of the last one, to show the date.

Unfortunately the QUERY formula won't update automatically when you add another column, like the rest of the google formulas would. :S

You'll also have to adjust the automatic script that's creating the dates in the script editor, just set each column it's looking for to one after. (10->11 and 17->18, I think)

Also, click on a square in the 'With Dragon?' column, and adjust the conditional formatting to remove the random extra cell in G (I think). There should never be a single cell in there! It's also affecting the Permafrost Impaler for some reason.

If you'd like to mess around with the sheet, you are more than welcome to do so! It might be easier to copy and paste though. ;)
@ouranographer: I'm just not that organised, I never bother counting how many of each familiar I have haha. (I should though, I have buckets of some of them!) I never thought to put it in... Whoooops.

Glad the highlighting IDs helps!

You can add that column yourself, if you'd like. You'll have to go to each of the sorted tabs and adjust the queries (you can copy and paste from my main v1.1 sheet) and add another column to the right of the last one, to show the date.

Unfortunately the QUERY formula won't update automatically when you add another column, like the rest of the google formulas would. :S

You'll also have to adjust the automatic script that's creating the dates in the script editor, just set each column it's looking for to one after. (10->11 and 17->18, I think)

Also, click on a square in the 'With Dragon?' column, and adjust the conditional formatting to remove the random extra cell in G (I think). There should never be a single cell in there! It's also affecting the Permafrost Impaler for some reason.

If you'd like to mess around with the sheet, you are more than welcome to do so! It might be easier to copy and paste though. ;)
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler

Ahh, thanks for breaking it down x) I do love to fiddle with spreadsheets. Certainly makes me all the more appreciative of the work folks like you do. I did notice that weirdness with the Impaler - super strange, but never got around to fixing that, so cheers!

I've got way too many familiars that I also didn't keep track of in older sheets :'> I doubt that'll change soon. All the same
@rhubarbcobbler

Ahh, thanks for breaking it down x) I do love to fiddle with spreadsheets. Certainly makes me all the more appreciative of the work folks like you do. I did notice that weirdness with the Impaler - super strange, but never got around to fixing that, so cheers!

I've got way too many familiars that I also didn't keep track of in older sheets :'> I doubt that'll change soon. All the same
@rhubarbcobbler You obviously know more about spreadsheets than I do, but I noticed something so I'm turning to you for help. XD I had the same issue when I updated with the new familiars, but I just didn't pay much attention to it.

Paste special-> values only does nothing. Normal ctrl+c and ctrl+v works just fine, but obviously ruins the format. But I can't paste values only if it would save my life. I tried with right click/from the edit menu/I pasted normally and then scrolled to the bottom and clicked the little icon, nothing. Just to be accurate, I mean nothing shows up.

I'm noticing that it works... if I do one by one cell, and it doesn't work when I do rows and columns. But if I'm gonna copy paste one by one, I might as well as re-do it from scratch, lmao.
@rhubarbcobbler You obviously know more about spreadsheets than I do, but I noticed something so I'm turning to you for help. XD I had the same issue when I updated with the new familiars, but I just didn't pay much attention to it.

Paste special-> values only does nothing. Normal ctrl+c and ctrl+v works just fine, but obviously ruins the format. But I can't paste values only if it would save my life. I tried with right click/from the edit menu/I pasted normally and then scrolled to the bottom and clicked the little icon, nothing. Just to be accurate, I mean nothing shows up.

I'm noticing that it works... if I do one by one cell, and it doesn't work when I do rows and columns. But if I'm gonna copy paste one by one, I might as well as re-do it from scratch, lmao.
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44