Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Spreadsheet] Fancy Familiar Tracker
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44
@rhubarbcobbler This sheet is indeed just too delicious to pass up. I'd also love to be added to that update pinglist.

I love tabs on tabs on tabs... Like srsly.
@rhubarbcobbler This sheet is indeed just too delicious to pass up. I'd also love to be added to that update pinglist.

I love tabs on tabs on tabs... Like srsly.
4fgGuro.png
2EqzIAg.png
@Xari
@Charoula
@ouranographer
@StormEater
@Roadkill

I've updated the pictures sheet to include the new familiar pictures. (I'm not sure where to get them right away, I sadly don't often get the new familiars for a while. I've been grabbing them off the wiki, does anyone know a better way to find the pictures?)

I also fixed the non-text sheet, where I had just copied and pasted the entries over, so things were in the wrong column. Whoooops!

But in fixing that, I realised that when you update your sheet, you will need to 1) insert a new line where it needs to be. 2) copy the green line in my master sheet. 3) go to your sheet, and choose edit>paste special>paste DATA only. This will make sure all the colours are right! (I've updated the updating instructions to reflect this on the master sheet and in this thread.)

If you've already pasted things over and find that the entry is stuck on green even when you get rid of the 'X' in the 'new to sheets' column, it's an easy fix. Select a row above it, click 'copy', then go 'edit>paste special>paste FORMAT only. This will restore the proper colouring, and won't change any of the information in the line. Sorry about that!

I'm also thinking of adding one more column to the familiars tab, that lets you indicate if a familiar is with a fodder dragon or not. I'm finding that sometimes I chuck a non-awakened familiar with a fodder dragon, and wish I had just grabbed an awakened one and let one of my lair dragons have the familiar who needs the bonding.

Thoughts? It's another column, and this is already pretty complicated soooo...

ouranographer: Thank you! I've had this tab open for a week to reply, but life has been busy lately. You are added to the ping list!

StormEater: Can and will do! Thanks a bunch!

Roadkill: I KNOW RIGHT?? I love tabs. So many tabs. I get that it can be intimidating to people unfamiliar with the majesty that is google sheets, but I just want to know who's in what category.

@Xari
@Charoula
@ouranographer
@StormEater
@Roadkill

I've updated the pictures sheet to include the new familiar pictures. (I'm not sure where to get them right away, I sadly don't often get the new familiars for a while. I've been grabbing them off the wiki, does anyone know a better way to find the pictures?)

I also fixed the non-text sheet, where I had just copied and pasted the entries over, so things were in the wrong column. Whoooops!

But in fixing that, I realised that when you update your sheet, you will need to 1) insert a new line where it needs to be. 2) copy the green line in my master sheet. 3) go to your sheet, and choose edit>paste special>paste DATA only. This will make sure all the colours are right! (I've updated the updating instructions to reflect this on the master sheet and in this thread.)

If you've already pasted things over and find that the entry is stuck on green even when you get rid of the 'X' in the 'new to sheets' column, it's an easy fix. Select a row above it, click 'copy', then go 'edit>paste special>paste FORMAT only. This will restore the proper colouring, and won't change any of the information in the line. Sorry about that!

I'm also thinking of adding one more column to the familiars tab, that lets you indicate if a familiar is with a fodder dragon or not. I'm finding that sometimes I chuck a non-awakened familiar with a fodder dragon, and wish I had just grabbed an awakened one and let one of my lair dragons have the familiar who needs the bonding.

Thoughts? It's another column, and this is already pretty complicated soooo...

ouranographer: Thank you! I've had this tab open for a week to reply, but life has been busy lately. You are added to the ping list!

StormEater: Can and will do! Thanks a bunch!

Roadkill: I KNOW RIGHT?? I love tabs. So many tabs. I get that it can be intimidating to people unfamiliar with the majesty that is google sheets, but I just want to know who's in what category.

Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler https://***************/ is the perfect place to grab images. They update almost instantly. (Like, they already have a few items from today's update.)

I grabbed the images from the previous update (the betta fish and the golem workshop stuff) from that site and followed your formula to add them to my sheet. The formatting was a little annoying, but with a little digging around, it was fixable.

Personally, I'd have no use for a new tab, but each their own.
@rhubarbcobbler https://***************/ is the perfect place to grab images. They update almost instantly. (Like, they already have a few items from today's update.)

I grabbed the images from the previous update (the betta fish and the golem workshop stuff) from that site and followed your formula to add them to my sheet. The formatting was a little annoying, but with a little digging around, it was fixable.

Personally, I'd have no use for a new tab, but each their own.
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
@Charoula: thanks for the link! *bookmarks*

This is why I was hesitant to add it. I figure once I organise my familiars a little better, this will be less of a problem. :S Thanks for the input!
@Charoula: thanks for the link! *bookmarks*

This is why I was hesitant to add it. I figure once I organise my familiars a little better, this will be less of a problem. :S Thanks for the input!
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler
hey thanks so much for the update. just in case a ping gets lost, will you be adding the date/familiars you update with to the first post? i just don't wanna miss one when i'm adding the new ones! thank you
@rhubarbcobbler
hey thanks so much for the update. just in case a ping gets lost, will you be adding the date/familiars you update with to the first post? i just don't wanna miss one when i'm adding the new ones! thank you
559.gif302.gif609.gif091.gif229.gif625.giflore_archive_sm_by_xnedra22-d9d0vvz.png
@Xari: sure thing! That sounds like a good idea. I'll start that list right now!
@Xari: sure thing! That sounds like a good idea. I'll start that list right now!
Gf490jR.png
@Xari
@Charoula
@ouranographer
@StormEater
@Roadkill

Added in the Crystalline Gala familar. Hope you're all having a good festival!
@Xari
@Charoula
@ouranographer
@StormEater
@Roadkill

Added in the Crystalline Gala familar. Hope you're all having a good festival!
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler
I noticed you listed the familiar as a sprite, but isn't it an elemental acolyte?
@rhubarbcobbler
I noticed you listed the familiar as a sprite, but isn't it an elemental acolyte?
559.gif302.gif609.gif091.gif229.gif625.giflore_archive_sm_by_xnedra22-d9d0vvz.png
@Xari: Whoops fixed
@Xari: Whoops fixed
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler
Ah okay! Just checking. Thanks again for making this great spreadsheet ;A;
@rhubarbcobbler
Ah okay! Just checking. Thanks again for making this great spreadsheet ;A;
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44