Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide]Workshop Workers - GW fodderteam!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46
@celelorien Cool. I'm delighted that people are now working with more mixed stat builds now that the coli is started to run more to what the stats suggest.
@celelorien Cool. I'm delighted that people are now working with more mixed stat builds now that the coli is started to run more to what the stats suggest.
GIfiliO.png
@celelorien thank you for this guide! I've been always wondering on how to get a fodder build for the Golem Hellshop. This is definitely going to come in handy. :D
*runs off to the AH for wind dergs*
@celelorien thank you for this guide! I've been always wondering on how to get a fodder build for the Golem Hellshop. This is definitely going to come in handy. :D
*runs off to the AH for wind dergs*
they/them || FR+9
You're welcome! :D I'm just excited to see more people try it. Please by all means let me know how it works out for you! :3
You're welcome! :D I'm just excited to see more people try it. Please by all means let me know how it works out for you! :3
ijcaSw5.gif 24e24jq.jpg tumblr_nu9dc9lcB81u8p7yoo7_100.png
@celelorien holy ****, I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE. So that I can grind for bosses... Yes, gooood >:D

Now, to find a level 25 wind cleric!
@celelorien holy ****, I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE. So that I can grind for bosses... Yes, gooood >:D

Now, to find a level 25 wind cleric!
Compass.gif
@celelorien
Thank you for making this guide! Finally I found a reason to level my permanent dragons.
One thing I wonder about... why did you give warrior def instead giving vit? Vit gives increased health, but I thought def is nearly useless.
Could you explain it to me, please? c:
@celelorien
Thank you for making this guide! Finally I found a reason to level my permanent dragons.
One thing I wonder about... why did you give warrior def instead giving vit? Vit gives increased health, but I thought def is nearly useless.
Could you explain it to me, please? c:
@Holone Defense helps against physical attacks and keeps your Warrior from losing too much health against the physical enemies. It helps to keep them in an easily Regen-able zone as well - Regen heals consistently over every turn, so with a high DEF the Warrior generally won't take more damage from a Scratch than a Regen turn can heal. I'm actually in the Coli right now vs a Frost Delver, and Kululu (whose defense isn't very high) takes 306 dmg on a FD Scratch, whereas Girokko only takes 239. At Kululu's INT level, his Regen is restoring 248 health per Regen turn, keeping Girokko safe from pmuch everything except a really unfortunate sequence of crits.

Once Kululu throws a Contuse on Frost Delver, the attack strength of its Scratch is lessened, to 230 on Kululu and 180 on Girokko. So that's why. :D More VIT might be helpful in soaking damage, but DEF keeps it in an easily healable range so you don't end up with too much attrition.

Oh, forgot to add - teamwork vs types is totally in play too. Your Cleric (being Wind element) will be very strong (or at least resistant to received damage) against most of the mages. So the Warrior is built to be able to take care of the physical enemies. This is so if you get in a hairy situation with crits, the Cleric should pretty much only bite it on physical packs, leaving your Warrior to finish them using their increased DEF to survive, and if the Warrior (well they shouldn't bite it at all but if they do) bites it against the magical attacks your Cleric can finish them pretty easily.
@Holone Defense helps against physical attacks and keeps your Warrior from losing too much health against the physical enemies. It helps to keep them in an easily Regen-able zone as well - Regen heals consistently over every turn, so with a high DEF the Warrior generally won't take more damage from a Scratch than a Regen turn can heal. I'm actually in the Coli right now vs a Frost Delver, and Kululu (whose defense isn't very high) takes 306 dmg on a FD Scratch, whereas Girokko only takes 239. At Kululu's INT level, his Regen is restoring 248 health per Regen turn, keeping Girokko safe from pmuch everything except a really unfortunate sequence of crits.

Once Kululu throws a Contuse on Frost Delver, the attack strength of its Scratch is lessened, to 230 on Kululu and 180 on Girokko. So that's why. :D More VIT might be helpful in soaking damage, but DEF keeps it in an easily healable range so you don't end up with too much attrition.

Oh, forgot to add - teamwork vs types is totally in play too. Your Cleric (being Wind element) will be very strong (or at least resistant to received damage) against most of the mages. So the Warrior is built to be able to take care of the physical enemies. This is so if you get in a hairy situation with crits, the Cleric should pretty much only bite it on physical packs, leaving your Warrior to finish them using their increased DEF to survive, and if the Warrior (well they shouldn't bite it at all but if they do) bites it against the magical attacks your Cleric can finish them pretty easily.
@celelorien Have you had the warrior use clobber on things ever such as the bosses? I'm currently training my Tank Warrior in the Mire and it helps the Mire dragon take the toads out via making them lose turns with clobber.

Clobber is a str/def based move. Most people don't use it because of its connection with def. But this is a warrior built with high def that could benefit from it.
@celelorien Have you had the warrior use clobber on things ever such as the bosses? I'm currently training my Tank Warrior in the Mire and it helps the Mire dragon take the toads out via making them lose turns with clobber.

Clobber is a str/def based move. Most people don't use it because of its connection with def. But this is a warrior built with high def that could benefit from it.
GIfiliO.png
@PaperGryphon I haven't! According to the wiki, Clobber uses 35 breath to cast (aka just as much as Eliminate) but doesn't return the breath on a successful strike, so it didn't seem like the potential for a stun would be worth the breath tradeoff, especially with a Cleric that could potentially Disorient to help out. How much damage does Clobber do vs a regular Scratch or Eliminate for your Mire Tank? Looking at Sylvandr's formula guide it doesn't really seem like it'd do that much more, but I'll be the first to admit I'm not really that great at math...
@PaperGryphon I haven't! According to the wiki, Clobber uses 35 breath to cast (aka just as much as Eliminate) but doesn't return the breath on a successful strike, so it didn't seem like the potential for a stun would be worth the breath tradeoff, especially with a Cleric that could potentially Disorient to help out. How much damage does Clobber do vs a regular Scratch or Eliminate for your Mire Tank? Looking at Sylvandr's formula guide it doesn't really seem like it'd do that much more, but I'll be the first to admit I'm not really that great at math...
@celelorien I'll have to see what kind of damage it does. It's more for stun locking a boss since the high breath cost is more for if a dragon who is weak against one boss wants to stun it for the first turn. The stunning isn't worth it for a regular monster.
@celelorien I'll have to see what kind of damage it does. It's more for stun locking a boss since the high breath cost is more for if a dragon who is weak against one boss wants to stun it for the first turn. The stunning isn't worth it for a regular monster.
GIfiliO.png
@PaperGryphon Mm, I see! Depending on the damage it might still not be terribly useful in GW though - both the bosses tend to focus on physical attacks, and only use their magic attacks occasionally near the end of the fight. So knowing when to stun them might be kind of hard, as opposed to using that extra breath on an extra non-kill Eliminate. I'll run around in the Coliseum later and see what kind of damage that spare Eliminate will do against bosses, but I'm pretty sure it's like 1200-1600 depending if Rally's on.
@PaperGryphon Mm, I see! Depending on the damage it might still not be terribly useful in GW though - both the bosses tend to focus on physical attacks, and only use their magic attacks occasionally near the end of the fight. So knowing when to stun them might be kind of hard, as opposed to using that extra breath on an extra non-kill Eliminate. I'll run around in the Coliseum later and see what kind of damage that spare Eliminate will do against bosses, but I'm pretty sure it's like 1200-1600 depending if Rally's on.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46