Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | FR Money Tips and Tricks
1 2
A compilation of all the FR money-making tips I've learned over the past year. Feel free post yours here, and I'll add it to the list :)

1. A kt = a thousand, or just three zeros: 40kt = 40000.

2. You can sell items for quick cash: When you really need just 4kt more cash but you've maxed your lucky streak, you can go to your hoard and sell that stack of mammertee plashes that no one buys anyways. Really, this has helped me a lot.

3. Gems can be converted to treasure (currently) at a 600-700:1 ratio, so 1 gem is around 650 treasure.

4. Higher or Lower DOES NOT affect your lucky streak, and can be played again every hour, even if you've maxed out your limit.

5. Tidal trouble makes a lot of money. Artifracture is not bad either.

6. The arena in the coliseum does not give eggs. Sorry.

7. LAH means Lowest auction house price. Most buyers/sellers tend to go by this.

8. New gene/breed? Wait a few weeks, the price will have dropped dramatically. NOTN especially.

9. Save your chests and eggs. Maybe for just a month, or until a birthday or holiday. It really maximizes the fun, and saves off impulse buys for a while.

10. Running low on food, and don't want to buy another stack on the AH? Check your flight sales thread, most flights have a food bank. Alternatively, farm the coli. Usually you can get enough to keep your bonus up until you can get some more food.

11. Each dragon in your lair looses some energy (what you get from food) at 8:00 and 16:00 server time each day. Also, the coli will freeze up during these times.

12. There is a market for everything. Art, lore, graphics, even little sketches. If you can find something worthwhile, somebody's will pay for it.

13. If you do art, the Art Wanted post sticked at the top of the art sales usually pays more than if you open up an art store. Just PM the user and negotiate a price.

14. Frequent the hoarding club's posts. Many people will pay slightly above sell by or LAH value for items they hoard.

15. Breed for fodder. Get a pair or two of common breeds with a 15 day recuperating period. The babies don't have to look pretty (but if they do that's a plus) Guardians are convenient because they eat all food types. Breed them, hatch the nest, wait until fully grown, sell on the AH for 8000-9000 each.

16. Exalting is a fast way to get cash. 5 min in the mire = lvl 7 exalt bonus.

17. There are a lot of free organizations on site: 11 flight nest rentals, free max lvl cauldrons, free familiar adoptions, apparel loaners, etc.

18. Buy from the AH, not marketplace. It's normally a bit cheaper.

19. If you have extra lair space, yu can rent out your lair to people who don't have enough space. Just charge a small fee per hour/day, and ask for some food to feed the dragons you're holding.

20. Name Your Own Price is your friend. Ask people to throw you a price of what they think is fair. Many times, your dragons are prettier than you give em credit for.

21. Sometimes, that dragon is just not worth the food+space. That one dragon we all have, who we have no idea what to do with, and just sits there eating out food. Send them off o another home, with someone who can appreciate them.
A compilation of all the FR money-making tips I've learned over the past year. Feel free post yours here, and I'll add it to the list :)

1. A kt = a thousand, or just three zeros: 40kt = 40000.

2. You can sell items for quick cash: When you really need just 4kt more cash but you've maxed your lucky streak, you can go to your hoard and sell that stack of mammertee plashes that no one buys anyways. Really, this has helped me a lot.

3. Gems can be converted to treasure (currently) at a 600-700:1 ratio, so 1 gem is around 650 treasure.

4. Higher or Lower DOES NOT affect your lucky streak, and can be played again every hour, even if you've maxed out your limit.

5. Tidal trouble makes a lot of money. Artifracture is not bad either.

6. The arena in the coliseum does not give eggs. Sorry.

7. LAH means Lowest auction house price. Most buyers/sellers tend to go by this.

8. New gene/breed? Wait a few weeks, the price will have dropped dramatically. NOTN especially.

9. Save your chests and eggs. Maybe for just a month, or until a birthday or holiday. It really maximizes the fun, and saves off impulse buys for a while.

10. Running low on food, and don't want to buy another stack on the AH? Check your flight sales thread, most flights have a food bank. Alternatively, farm the coli. Usually you can get enough to keep your bonus up until you can get some more food.

11. Each dragon in your lair looses some energy (what you get from food) at 8:00 and 16:00 server time each day. Also, the coli will freeze up during these times.

12. There is a market for everything. Art, lore, graphics, even little sketches. If you can find something worthwhile, somebody's will pay for it.

13. If you do art, the Art Wanted post sticked at the top of the art sales usually pays more than if you open up an art store. Just PM the user and negotiate a price.

14. Frequent the hoarding club's posts. Many people will pay slightly above sell by or LAH value for items they hoard.

15. Breed for fodder. Get a pair or two of common breeds with a 15 day recuperating period. The babies don't have to look pretty (but if they do that's a plus) Guardians are convenient because they eat all food types. Breed them, hatch the nest, wait until fully grown, sell on the AH for 8000-9000 each.

16. Exalting is a fast way to get cash. 5 min in the mire = lvl 7 exalt bonus.

17. There are a lot of free organizations on site: 11 flight nest rentals, free max lvl cauldrons, free familiar adoptions, apparel loaners, etc.

18. Buy from the AH, not marketplace. It's normally a bit cheaper.

19. If you have extra lair space, yu can rent out your lair to people who don't have enough space. Just charge a small fee per hour/day, and ask for some food to feed the dragons you're holding.

20. Name Your Own Price is your friend. Ask people to throw you a price of what they think is fair. Many times, your dragons are prettier than you give em credit for.

21. Sometimes, that dragon is just not worth the food+space. That one dragon we all have, who we have no idea what to do with, and just sits there eating out food. Send them off o another home, with someone who can appreciate them.
bump! Hopefully someone finds this helpful!
bump! Hopefully someone finds this helpful!
@RosieJosie102
This forum post has more tips on moneymaking.

ttZikta.jpg
@RosieJosie102
This forum post has more tips on moneymaking.

ttZikta.jpg
no
where?
where?

@rosiejosie102
Scroll up, read the first post.

You have to ping me so I get your post in my alerts. To do that you put @ before the username you're pinging. My username is madisonfae, so you type @madisonfae

@rosiejosie102
Scroll up, read the first post.

You have to ping me so I get your post in my alerts. To do that you put @ before the username you're pinging. My username is madisonfae, so you type @madisonfae
no
this is helpful. thank you
this is helpful. thank you
@Dreamnorn So I don't lose this.
@Dreamnorn So I don't lose this.
@purplecinnibar Actually, the auction house is not always cheaper. For example, I bought 5 ferocious headdresses for 16kT each, and fliped them at the action house for around 26-30kT LAH. The scratch battle item sells for 1000+ LAH, when you can buy it at the market place for 250 treasure. The market place is a good way to flip items at the auction house. You can check if you can buy it cheaper at the market place by checking the sell value. Something that would sell for 12kT would have a sell value of 1200, ten percent of the market price. Players should be careful, as not all thing are sold at the market place. [item=eliminate] This eliminate cost around 250kT at the auction house. This is NOT ontainable through the market place. This means that players should be careful and check for what will be for sale or not at the market place, and whether or not you can buy it cheaper in the AH or MP. Familiars will be on sale via market place at the cheapest of around 12,000 treasure, when the LAH price varies from 3-5kT. It always depends apon the item that people are looking for. Just something to add to your helpful guide.
@purplecinnibar

Actually, the auction house is not always cheaper. For example, I bought 5 ferocious headdresses for 16kT each, and fliped them at the action house for around 26-30kT LAH. The scratch battle item sells for 1000+ LAH, when you can buy it at the market place for 250 treasure. The market place is a good way to flip items at the auction house. You can check if you can buy it cheaper at the market place by checking the sell value. Something that would sell for 12kT would have a sell value of 1200, ten percent of the market price. Players should be careful, as not all thing are sold at the market place.

Eliminate

This eliminate cost around 250kT at the auction house. This is NOT ontainable through the market place. This means that players should be careful and check for what will be for sale or not at the market place, and whether or not you can buy it cheaper in the AH or MP. Familiars will be on sale via market place at the cheapest of around 12,000 treasure, when the LAH price varies from 3-5kT. It always depends apon the item that people are looking for.

Just something to add to your helpful guide.
fb6PwQy.png
how do i change my gems into treasure? or do i have to sell gems?
how do i change my gems into treasure? or do i have to sell gems?
@jeidokawaiichama

You have to sell gems or buy gems from other players.

@purplecinnibar

Useful tips, but gems are going for 850-900 treasure apiece, not 600-700
@jeidokawaiichama

You have to sell gems or buy gems from other players.

@purplecinnibar

Useful tips, but gems are going for 850-900 treasure apiece, not 600-700
mkpoaHZ.png
1 2