Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Guide: Baldwin's Perpetual Food Machine
1 2 3
[columns][nextcol][color=transparent]->[/color][item=soylent red] [nextcol][color=transparent]>>>>[/color][b][size=4]Baldwin's Perpetual Food Machine [color=transparent]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>[/color]aka [color=transparent]>[/color][b][size=4]SOYLENT FOODS FOR ME AND YOU[/b][/size][color=transparent]>>[/color][nextcol][item=soylent blue] [/columns] Do you have too much of a certain foodtype, but not enough of another? Do you have 2 seconds to check the cauldron a few times a day? Are you an alchemy enthusiast? Then this guide is for you! [br] [center][b]I. Intro II. Food-point Conversion Rates III. Step-by-step Guide IV. Drop Rates V. Example[/b] [/center] [br] [b]I. INTRO[/b] [color=transparent]--->[/color]As you may already know, you can perpetually increase your food stocks using Baldwin's Cauldron. What do I mean by this? When you toss food items into Baldwin's Cauldron, you get an output of goos. It takes 30mins to transmute one food item into one goo. You can then further combine these goos to create a 5-stack of Solyent foods. It takes 40mins to transmute your goos into a 5-stack of Soylent foods. These foods are colour-coded: Soylent Green are Plant food type, Yellow are Insects, Red are Meat, and Blue are Seafood. Each Soylent food item is worth [b]8 food points[/b] of their food type. You get a stack of [b]five[/b] each time. This means no matter what value of food you put into the cauldron, as long as you combine the results into a Soylent, you will always have a NET GAIN of food points. And this net gain is, imo, nothing to sneeze at.[br][br] [b]II. FOOD-POINT CONVERSION RATES[/b] [br] [indent]Here's the breakdown:[/indent] [br] [columns][nextcol][b]IF YOU TRANSMUTE[/b][color=transparent]-[/color] [nextcol]pt value foods[color=transparent]-[/color] 2pt foods 3pt foods 4pt foods 5pt foods 6pt foods [nextcol][b]INTO[/b][color=transparent]-[/color] [nextcol] Soylent Type [color=transparent]____[/color] Green Green Green Green Green [nextcol][b]YOU GAIN[/b][color=transparent]-[/color] [nextcol] # food pts net[color=transparent]-[/color] 36 food pts net 34 food pts net 32 food pts net 30 food pts net 28 food pts net [/columns] [columns][nextcol][b]IF YOU TRANSMUTE[/b][color=transparent]-[/color] [nextcol]pt value foods[color=transparent]-[/color] 2pt foods 3pt foods 4pt foods 5pt foods 6pt foods [nextcol][b]INTO[/b][color=transparent]-[/color] [nextcol]Soylent Type Yellow/ Red/ Blue Yellow/ Red/ Blue Yellow/ Red/ Blue Yellow/ Red/ Blue Yellow/ Red/ Blue [nextcol][b]YOU GAIN[/b][color=transparent]-[/color] [nextcol] # food pts net[color=transparent]-[/color] 34 food pts net 31 food pts net 28 food pts net 25 food pts net 22 food pts net [/columns] [br][br] [b]III. STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE[/b] What do I do with this information? [br] [LIST=1] [*]In order to maximize output, I recommend combining only 2-pt foods of a type you have an excess of / don't need as much of. [*]Melt em down into goos. If you're able to spare 2 seconds every 30 mins, you'll soon have a nice pile of goos. [*]Combine your goos into the Soylent of your needs. [*]Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys! [*]Excess goos can be used to create other Baldwin items, or recombined into food types you might not need as badly. [/LIST][br] [b]IV. DROP-RATES[/b][br] Wait a minute. Doesn't RNG factor into this? [color=transparent]--->[/color]It sure does. Unfortunately, you aren't guaranteed getting the goos you need in the perfect distribution. Here are the "drop rates" of the different goos received from transmuting foods, taken from @mes3's [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1461458/1#11478406]Baldwin's guide[/url] (credit to @Poisonedpaper & @psychocanes): [br] [columns][nextcol][b]Goo Colour[/b] Green Yellow Red Orange Purple [i]Blue*[/i] [nextcol][color=transparent]--->[/color][b]Chance of 'Dropping'[/b] [color=transparent]--->[/color]42.2% [color=transparent]--->[/color]21.1% [color=transparent]--->[/color]15.5% [color=transparent]--->[/color]10.5% [color=transparent]--->[/color]8.1% [color=transparent]--->[/color][i]2.7%[/i] [/columns] [right][i][size=2] *Blue goos are not used to make Soylent foods, but valuable for making some rare Baldwin creations. They go for about 10k a pop on the AH.[/i][/size][/right] This means that on average, you will need to transmute 13 (rounded up from 12.5) food items to get one purple goo, for example. You need one purple goo and two green goos to make one x5 bundle of Soylent Red. Factoring the percentages into the conversion, we get the following: 1 purple goo 'costs' on average 13 food items. Using 2pt foods, that's 26 food pts. 2 green goos 'cost' on average 4 food items. Using 2pt foods, that's 8 food pts. 1 x5 bundle of Soylent Red is worth 40 meat food pts. You still net gain 6 food points. And it's of the food type you need, not have a surplus of. Now, this is assuming you are only converting into a specific food type, and not using the other goos you produce for anything. As long as you combine all of your goos into ANY of the Soylent foods, you will net-gain in food points at the turnover rate listed in section II. Luckily there isn't much overlap: Soylent Yellow is the only Soylent to use Orange Goos, Red Goo is only used to make Soylent Blue, Purple Goo only for Soylent Red. [br][br] [b]V. EXAMPLE[/b][br] [color=transparent]--->[/color]I have a Wildclaw obsession. I have far too many plants and insects, and not enough meat. I also need seafood. I take my 2 pt insects and plants. I melt 'em into goos. I recombine those goos into Soylent Red or Blue. I use the excess goos of colours I don't need (Yellow and Orange) to make other Baldwin items for myself and others. Weeee~ [br] [columns][nextcol][color=transparent]>>[/color][item=soylent green][color=transparent]>>[/color] [nextcol][color=transparent]>>[/color][b][size=4]Aaand that's about it for this guide![color=transparent]>>>>[/color] [color=transparent]>>>>>>[/color][b][size=4]Happy transmuting![/b][/size][color=transparent]>>[/color][nextcol][item=soylent yellow] [/columns]
-> Soylent Red
>>>>Baldwin's Perpetual Food Machine
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>aka
>SOYLENT FOODS FOR ME AND YOU
>>
Soylent Blue

Do you have too much of a certain foodtype, but not enough of another?

Do you have 2 seconds to check the cauldron a few times a day?

Are you an alchemy enthusiast?

Then this guide is for you!

I. Intro
II. Food-point Conversion Rates
III. Step-by-step Guide
IV. Drop Rates
V. Example

I. INTRO

--->As you may already know, you can perpetually increase your food stocks using Baldwin's Cauldron. What do I mean by this?

When you toss food items into Baldwin's Cauldron, you get an output of goos. It takes 30mins to transmute one food item into one goo.

You can then further combine these goos to create a 5-stack of Solyent foods. It takes 40mins to transmute your goos into a 5-stack of Soylent foods.

These foods are colour-coded: Soylent Green are Plant food type, Yellow are Insects, Red are Meat, and Blue are Seafood. Each Soylent food item is worth 8 food points of their food type. You get a stack of five each time.

This means no matter what value of food you put into the cauldron, as long as you combine the results into a Soylent, you will always have a NET GAIN of food points. And this net gain is, imo, nothing to sneeze at.

II. FOOD-POINT CONVERSION RATES

Here's the breakdown:

IF YOU TRANSMUTE-

pt value foods-
2pt foods
3pt foods
4pt foods
5pt foods
6pt foods
INTO-

Soylent Type ____
Green
Green
Green
Green
Green
YOU GAIN-

# food pts net-
36 food pts net
34 food pts net
32 food pts net
30 food pts net
28 food pts net
IF YOU TRANSMUTE-

pt value foods-
2pt foods
3pt foods
4pt foods
5pt foods
6pt foods
INTO-

Soylent Type
Yellow/ Red/ Blue
Yellow/ Red/ Blue
Yellow/ Red/ Blue
Yellow/ Red/ Blue
Yellow/ Red/ Blue
YOU GAIN-

# food pts net-
34 food pts net
31 food pts net
28 food pts net
25 food pts net
22 food pts net

III. STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE

What do I do with this information?

1. In order to maximize output, I recommend combining only 2-pt foods of a type you have an excess of / don't need as much of.
  2. Melt em down into goos. If you're able to spare 2 seconds every 30 mins, you'll soon have a nice pile of goos.
  3. Combine your goos into the Soylent of your needs.
  4. Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!
  5. Excess goos can be used to create other Baldwin items, or recombined into food types you might not need as badly.

IV. DROP-RATES

Wait a minute. Doesn't RNG factor into this?

--->It sure does. Unfortunately, you aren't guaranteed getting the goos you need in the perfect distribution.

Here are the "drop rates" of the different goos received from transmuting foods, taken from @mes3's Baldwin's guide (credit to @Poisonedpaper & @psychocanes):

Goo Colour
Green
Yellow
Red
Orange
Purple
Blue*
--->Chance of 'Dropping'
--->42.2%
--->21.1%
--->15.5%
--->10.5%
--->8.1%
--->2.7%

*Blue goos are not used to make Soylent foods,
but valuable for making some rare Baldwin creations.
They go for about 10k a pop on the AH.

This means that on average, you will need to transmute 13 (rounded up from 12.5) food items to get one purple goo, for example.

You need one purple goo and two green goos to make one x5 bundle of Soylent Red. Factoring the percentages into the conversion, we get the following:

1 purple goo 'costs' on average 13 food items. Using 2pt foods, that's 26 food pts.
2 green goos 'cost' on average 4 food items. Using 2pt foods, that's 8 food pts.
1 x5 bundle of Soylent Red is worth 40 meat food pts. You still net gain 6 food points. And it's of the food type you need, not have a surplus of.

Now, this is assuming you are only converting into a specific food type, and not using the other goos you produce for anything. As long as you combine all of your goos into ANY of the Soylent foods, you will net-gain in food points at the turnover rate listed in section II.

Luckily there isn't much overlap: Soylent Yellow is the only Soylent to use Orange Goos, Red Goo is only used to make Soylent Blue, Purple Goo only for Soylent Red.

V. EXAMPLE

--->I have a Wildclaw obsession. I have far too many plants and insects, and not enough meat. I also need seafood.

I take my 2 pt insects and plants. I melt 'em into goos. I recombine those goos into Soylent Red or Blue.

I use the excess goos of colours I don't need (Yellow and Orange) to make other Baldwin items for myself and others. Weeee~

>> Soylent Green >>
>>Aaand that's about it for this guide!>>>>

>>>>>>Happy transmuting!
>>
Soylent Yellow

__8Mc2PSM.gifAZMnV2C.pngjf9lrn8.gifVji3Tbo.gif
Res
Res
Res
Res
@VoyageBoots so I can find this :D Now boromir can stay alive forever with baldwin food!
@VoyageBoots so I can find this :D Now boromir can stay alive forever with baldwin food!
6gGXEKZ.gif
@VoyageBoots Yeeees! ^o^
@VoyageBoots Yeeees! ^o^
@DarkMatter thank you for the ping and the propes! Its rilly cool what you have dun! but i feel like i should let you know that you should also give credit to Poisonedpaper and psychocanes. it's there Spreadsheet that i got my # at. here is where i got it [Spreadsheet] Baldwin's Bubbling Brew i give them credit in the 1st post to my guild.

PS would like to make a lenk to your guild if thats cool with you in mines ;)
@DarkMatter thank you for the ping and the propes! Its rilly cool what you have dun! but i feel like i should let you know that you should also give credit to Poisonedpaper and psychocanes. it's there Spreadsheet that i got my # at. here is where i got it [Spreadsheet] Baldwin's Bubbling Brew i give them credit in the 1st post to my guild.

PS would like to make a lenk to your guild if thats cool with you in mines ;)
@mes3 I'd love you to link to my guide! ^^

And thanks for letting me know! I'll credit them, too!
@mes3 I'd love you to link to my guide! ^^

And thanks for letting me know! I'll credit them, too!
@DarkMatter thank you! I think I will put you in the Q and A ;) if thats ok with you.
@DarkMatter thank you! I think I will put you in the Q and A ;) if thats ok with you.
@mes3 Yup that sounds great! Thanks ^^
@mes3 Yup that sounds great! Thanks ^^
@DarkMatter cool it up and dune X3 you can see it know in the Q ans A ! I did not bold cuz it gust did not look rite with it. thax agen for this guild and leting me know about it ;)
@DarkMatter cool it up and dune X3 you can see it know in the Q ans A ! I did not bold cuz it gust did not look rite with it. thax agen for this guild and leting me know about it ;)
1 2 3