Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Swipp/Baldwin/Den: Items to Keep
1 2 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 120 121
@ehimezol Looking back now I see that it was extremely rude of me, I apologize.

I do understand that it takes a lot of effort to make such a comprehensive list at the level of accuracy it has, and being so snarky about something that wasn't even a big deal was very unnecessary of me.
@ehimezol Looking back now I see that it was extremely rude of me, I apologize.

I do understand that it takes a lot of effort to make such a comprehensive list at the level of accuracy it has, and being so snarky about something that wasn't even a big deal was very unnecessary of me.
zompvoj_by_rythiian-dchjkcr.png
@mataschmata I'm not subscribed to this thread and do not see responses to it unless pinged because quite honestly I strongly dislike maintaining it and only do it because I've already been doing it for years and I use it myself to convert food. I don't really get anything out of this except the perpetual looming inevitability of someone being salty in my PMs because I didn't update it in the first 6 hours or it's missing something or other because I misspelled an item.

Everything is automated. I don't hand-add anything to the guide other than typing the item name/number into a spreadsheet. If I had to do that I'd have abandoned it years ago. The Baldwin mats were not included in the guide prior to the Hibernal Den release because it's kinda obvious and just clutters up the place.

When I added the den items i just copied and pasted a list from a den guide and filtered it through some code in a spreadsheet. I looked up items that were on the new list with formulas and checked those as den, looked up items on the old list and checked those as swipp/baldwin, and looked up items that were on both lists and marked them as both. Then copy/pasted that in the thread without even actually looking at it, just so that people would stop messaging me about how they do or don't want the den items to appear in the guide. I mostly assume that if something is wrong someone will ping me.

I'm including this just so that you know How this kind of thing happens.

To be honest I could just remove the Baldwin mats entirely, and probably will to reduce clutter (there are... so many of them....). I want to recode the whole deal anyway since it lags the heck out of my browser when I open it now, and anything I can just cut out entirely helps.
@mataschmata I'm not subscribed to this thread and do not see responses to it unless pinged because quite honestly I strongly dislike maintaining it and only do it because I've already been doing it for years and I use it myself to convert food. I don't really get anything out of this except the perpetual looming inevitability of someone being salty in my PMs because I didn't update it in the first 6 hours or it's missing something or other because I misspelled an item.

Everything is automated. I don't hand-add anything to the guide other than typing the item name/number into a spreadsheet. If I had to do that I'd have abandoned it years ago. The Baldwin mats were not included in the guide prior to the Hibernal Den release because it's kinda obvious and just clutters up the place.

When I added the den items i just copied and pasted a list from a den guide and filtered it through some code in a spreadsheet. I looked up items that were on the new list with formulas and checked those as den, looked up items on the old list and checked those as swipp/baldwin, and looked up items that were on both lists and marked them as both. Then copy/pasted that in the thread without even actually looking at it, just so that people would stop messaging me about how they do or don't want the den items to appear in the guide. I mostly assume that if something is wrong someone will ping me.

I'm including this just so that you know How this kind of thing happens.

To be honest I could just remove the Baldwin mats entirely, and probably will to reduce clutter (there are... so many of them....). I want to recode the whole deal anyway since it lags the heck out of my browser when I open it now, and anything I can just cut out entirely helps.
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
@squidragon that makes sense, again i apologize for my rudeness and naivety.
@squidragon that makes sense, again i apologize for my rudeness and naivety.
zompvoj_by_rythiian-dchjkcr.png
@squidragon I want to express my appreciation for your work on creating, updating and maintaining this resource. I depend on it, SO much, to help me figure out both what I can safely hoardsell/transmute and what I need to get/keep for swipp/baldwin items I seek. And I know many other people who do as well.

I know you probably get the complaints/corrections all the time, and I was going to PM you with this note, but I figured that if I wanted to say it, I should put it out there for others to see as well.

So thank you, again, very, very much!
@squidragon I want to express my appreciation for your work on creating, updating and maintaining this resource. I depend on it, SO much, to help me figure out both what I can safely hoardsell/transmute and what I need to get/keep for swipp/baldwin items I seek. And I know many other people who do as well.

I know you probably get the complaints/corrections all the time, and I was going to PM you with this note, but I figured that if I wanted to say it, I should put it out there for others to see as well.

So thank you, again, very, very much!
C A R O L Y N M B P
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
FRT +3
Auctioneer
she / her / Mom

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
__ XeQIpmN.png
__
BeautiesforBeastsv3.png
Moms_Attic_v2.png
tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
@Carolynmbp Thank you!! I do appreciate it.

This is kind of a thankless guide because most people just bookmark it and don't post or anything so I'm always surprised at how many people Actually use it.

Fun fact there are 891 items on this guide now! It's a lot. I kind of depend on people pinging me to know when something's wrong because that's just Too Many.
@Carolynmbp Thank you!! I do appreciate it.

This is kind of a thankless guide because most people just bookmark it and don't post or anything so I'm always surprised at how many people Actually use it.

Fun fact there are 891 items on this guide now! It's a lot. I kind of depend on people pinging me to know when something's wrong because that's just Too Many.
WpjbI2U.gif
I absolutely love this guide and refer all my friends to it when they join. I greatly appreciate all the work you put into it. I do have a sorting question for you.

On the Seafood page at the bottom are Cobra Snakehead and Golden Snakehead that are out of order, even when sorted by A-Z. Then on Plants there are Amber Algae and Spearmint with the same conundrum. I notice there are slightly darker green lines separating them from the main list. Does this affect the sorting?

Were these done intentionally or is there a way for me to fix it so the alphabetize?

Not a major issue or stopping me from using the guide at all but am curious.

Thank you again ~ @squidragon
I absolutely love this guide and refer all my friends to it when they join. I greatly appreciate all the work you put into it. I do have a sorting question for you.

On the Seafood page at the bottom are Cobra Snakehead and Golden Snakehead that are out of order, even when sorted by A-Z. Then on Plants there are Amber Algae and Spearmint with the same conundrum. I notice there are slightly darker green lines separating them from the main list. Does this affect the sorting?

Were these done intentionally or is there a way for me to fix it so the alphabetize?

Not a major issue or stopping me from using the guide at all but am curious.

Thank you again ~ @squidragon
You can't heal if you don't feel ♥
@Washte I think you might be talking about the spreadsheet? I don't maintain that spreadsheet, it's run by @KiaraYK - but from what you're describing it sounds like a glitch with the filter not stretching all the way to the bottom. Sometimes it doesn't adjust itself when new rows are added and needs a little poke.

You should still be able to sort things using the standard sort menu by selecting the full sheet and going to data -> sort range on your copy. You can also get rid of and recreate the filter by selecting the whole sheet, selecting data -> turn off filter, and then data -> create a filter. That should force it to readjust.
@Washte I think you might be talking about the spreadsheet? I don't maintain that spreadsheet, it's run by @KiaraYK - but from what you're describing it sounds like a glitch with the filter not stretching all the way to the bottom. Sometimes it doesn't adjust itself when new rows are added and needs a little poke.

You should still be able to sort things using the standard sort menu by selecting the full sheet and going to data -> sort range on your copy. You can also get rid of and recreate the filter by selecting the whole sheet, selecting data -> turn off filter, and then data -> create a filter. That should force it to readjust.
WpjbI2U.gif
@squiddragon would you please add me to the png list? Thank you for doing all of this work!
@squiddragon would you please add me to the png list? Thank you for doing all of this work!
@atomicsquid: you might want to check [URL=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1504097/1#post_12382758]this[/URL], there you can add yourself to the pinglist! also @squidragon: I don't usually post much and am a rather quiet user here, but after seeing the last few posts, I also want to add that you're amazing and this guide is amazing! I can't even tell how often I've used it, even in between hiatuses and stuff. [emoji=rainbow star 2] So thank you sooo very much for doing this!! [emoji=cat 3][emoji=spiral happy]
@atomicsquid: you might want to check this, there you can add yourself to the pinglist!

also @squidragon: I don't usually post much and am a rather quiet user here, but after seeing the last few posts, I also want to add that you're amazing and this guide is amazing! I can't even tell how often I've used it, even in between hiatuses and stuff.
So thank you sooo very much for doing this!!
@squidragon I use this guide daily to know whether or not its safe for me to convert certain foods. Thank you for the work you do for this guide. <3
@squidragon I use this guide daily to know whether or not its safe for me to convert certain foods. Thank you for the work you do for this guide. <3
bEvLAND.png
1 2 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 120 121