Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Pinglist Etiquette and Usage Guide
1 2 3
This is super helpful, thank you!
This is super helpful, thank you!
cFTYM2C.png NizETFM.png Wolfie's F2U Familiar Edits
Wolfie Completes the Bestiary
Wolfie Completes the Coliseum
Quest for All the Eggs
Project NASA
v886aA7.png
If you ping someone in a sales thread, and then you want to re-ping them in the same post (because there are new dragons for sale or something), does it work if you edit it from "@un" to "@ un" and then back to "@un"?
If you ping someone in a sales thread, and then you want to re-ping them in the same post (because there are new dragons for sale or something), does it work if you edit it from "@un" to "@ un" and then back to "@un"?
Made some small updates!
Made some small updates!
6Sx7SSv.png
I still don't know how to completely and successfully 'ping' someone. How in the world do you do this?! Someone tell me because I'm a buyer and the seller's sounding a little frustrated with me, and so am I.
I still don't know how to completely and successfully 'ping' someone. How in the world do you do this?! Someone tell me because I'm a buyer and the seller's sounding a little frustrated with me, and so am I.
repent-1.png
@CosmicWings62

To ping someone, just add an "@" to the beginning of the username of the person you'd like to ping (like how I did for you at the beginning of this forum post). Note that this only works in forum posts, though.
@CosmicWings62

To ping someone, just add an "@" to the beginning of the username of the person you'd like to ping (like how I did for you at the beginning of this forum post). Note that this only works in forum posts, though.
jA0Unwf.gif
Oh OK so then you just start talking to them?
Oh OK so then you just start talking to them?
repent-1.png
The person who I was talking with said this :

@CosmicWings62

Then visit the link in the first page and put yourself on this pinglist^^

There was no link on the first page, but idk if that was the right anything... That sounds confusing to me...

Thank you for helping me though!!
The person who I was talking with said this :

@CosmicWings62

Then visit the link in the first page and put yourself on this pinglist^^

There was no link on the first page, but idk if that was the right anything... That sounds confusing to me...

Thank you for helping me though!!
repent-1.png
@CosmicWings62

Yup ^^. All a ping is "@" + username.

Pinging someone will give them a notification; which will allow them to respond to you as promptly as possible.
@CosmicWings62

Yup ^^. All a ping is "@" + username.

Pinging someone will give them a notification; which will allow them to respond to you as promptly as possible.
jA0Unwf.gif
okay, i'm a doof... i THINK i know how a ping list works, but i want to be sure. :/

there's a post on your thread (i'm making a hatchery, so it will have a pinglist, yah?), with a list of @ names on there, and when you make a new hatching/post they want to be pinged for, you copy the whole list, paste it to a new topic reply with your announcement.

right?

how do i, as a thread/hatchery/pinglist own maintain my pinglists? normally it's just manual? someone says 'put me on list' and you... edit the pinglist post?
annnd, what about 'self-editing ping lists'? (because i'm NOT lazy, i just don't have a lot of time and want to do things right, still.)

thanks soooo much!
okay, i'm a doof... i THINK i know how a ping list works, but i want to be sure. :/

there's a post on your thread (i'm making a hatchery, so it will have a pinglist, yah?), with a list of @ names on there, and when you make a new hatching/post they want to be pinged for, you copy the whole list, paste it to a new topic reply with your announcement.

right?

how do i, as a thread/hatchery/pinglist own maintain my pinglists? normally it's just manual? someone says 'put me on list' and you... edit the pinglist post?
annnd, what about 'self-editing ping lists'? (because i'm NOT lazy, i just don't have a lot of time and want to do things right, still.)

thanks soooo much!
This is very useful! Thanks for making this!
This is very useful! Thanks for making this!
PQznZys.png
1 2 3