Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Coliseum Encounter Project
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46
@Nika

I definitely need to look at that spreadsheet next time I'm on a proper computer, it sounds great!

I knew 100 couldn't prove anything for sure, but I figured I'd still be able to learn something from it. With the vast majority of packs, I got 1-5 encounters, a lot were 3, but then there's this ONE PACK I got 11 times, and the one I got 9 times. Actual proof or not, I wasn't going to base anything on the assumption all packs appear equally.

Would you like to to type up what I got so you can add it? I might warn that I got 2 bosses, but I'm only 100% sure of the type one of them was. I think I wrote the other one incorrectly because they're lightning and light, which both simplify to Li when I wanna write quickly. If that uncertainty would mess up data, probably best not to use what I got. And for tomorrow cause I definitely want to help, where do you need data collected the most? I'll go there.
@Nika

I definitely need to look at that spreadsheet next time I'm on a proper computer, it sounds great!

I knew 100 couldn't prove anything for sure, but I figured I'd still be able to learn something from it. With the vast majority of packs, I got 1-5 encounters, a lot were 3, but then there's this ONE PACK I got 11 times, and the one I got 9 times. Actual proof or not, I wasn't going to base anything on the assumption all packs appear equally.

Would you like to to type up what I got so you can add it? I might warn that I got 2 bosses, but I'm only 100% sure of the type one of them was. I think I wrote the other one incorrectly because they're lightning and light, which both simplify to Li when I wanna write quickly. If that uncertainty would mess up data, probably best not to use what I got. And for tomorrow cause I definitely want to help, where do you need data collected the most? I'll go there.
@Lunila Sure, post your data! I'm about to go to sleep, but either Drezdin or I should be able to enter it tomorrow. I think not being 100% sure about one boss is okay.

And the two places most in need of data right now are Golem Workshop (we have the least data for it) and Woodland Path (we don't have a lot, and we want to get more before the festival, since there's a lot of Nature enemies). If you look at the "MAIN" spreadsheet tab, it shows how much data we have from each area and color-codes the ones that need more.
@Lunila Sure, post your data! I'm about to go to sleep, but either Drezdin or I should be able to enter it tomorrow. I think not being 100% sure about one boss is okay.

And the two places most in need of data right now are Golem Workshop (we have the least data for it) and Woodland Path (we don't have a lot, and we want to get more before the festival, since there's a lot of Nature enemies). If you look at the "MAIN" spreadsheet tab, it shows how much data we have from each area and color-codes the ones that need more.
@Nika

Sounds good! I have a "healer" so I should be able to grab some golem workshop data, and I'll try to get some woodland path stuff too. These are all from the new venue, I don't remember mob names and since there's just one of each element I didn't record names.

1 pack lightning boss.
1 pack light boss.
4 packs of 4 neutral mobs.
11 packs of 2 fire and 1 neutral mob.
4 packs of 2 plague and 1 wind mob.
4 packs of 2 neutral and 1 fire mob.
3 packs of 2 water and 1 ice mob.
3 packs of 2 earth and 1 shadow mob.
9 packs of 1 water, 1 earth and 1 ice mob.
3 packs of 1 neutral, 1 water, 1 nature and 1 earth mob.
1 pack of 3 neutral mobs.
2 packs of 3 arcane mobs.
3 packs of 2 wind and one plaque mob.
3 packs of 3 wind mobs.
2 packs of 1 nature, 1 ice and 1 arcane mob.
1 pack of 3 plague mobs.
4 packs of 2 ice and 1 water mob.
4 packs of 3 nature mobs.
2 packs of 1 plague, 1 earth, 1 fire and 1 arcane mob.
3 packs of 1 nature, 1 fire, 1 water and 1 wind mob.
1 pack of 1 wind, 1 neutral and 1 fire mob.
3 packs of 3 water mobs.
6 packs of 1 arcane, 1 plague, 1 shadow and 1 ice mob.
3 packs of 3 shadow mobs.
5 packs of 2 arcane and 1 nature mob.
2 packs of 1 shadow, 1 ice, 1 wind and 1 neutral mob.
3 packs of 2 nature and 1 arcane mob.
1 pack of 2 shadow and 1 earth mob.
2 packs of 3 fire mobs.
3 packs of 1 wind, 1 neutral and 1 plague mob.
3 packs of 3 earth mobs.

There are so many packs.

Edit below.

Okay, so a "healer" isn't quite good enough for the workshop to be easy. I should level my actual proper healer, then I could probably do this. Only got 20 fights, and this time I recorded how many of what mob instead of how many of which pack. Preferences for what I record? I'll try to record data that's easier to use, but I'm not sure what that would be. You seem to be recording both how many of what pack and how many of which mob in the golem workshop sheet. I could record both?

Scrapmetal tracker, 8 mobs.
Steelhound, 6 mobs.
Swift volt, 8 mobs.
Swift lumen, 9 mobs.
Black iron creeper, 7 mobs.
Coppercoil creeper, 7 mobs.
Construction mith, 9 mobs.
Sentinel mith, 10 mobs.
Mistral minion, 2 mobs.
Spellbound golem, 1 mob.
@Nika

Sounds good! I have a "healer" so I should be able to grab some golem workshop data, and I'll try to get some woodland path stuff too. These are all from the new venue, I don't remember mob names and since there's just one of each element I didn't record names.

1 pack lightning boss.
1 pack light boss.
4 packs of 4 neutral mobs.
11 packs of 2 fire and 1 neutral mob.
4 packs of 2 plague and 1 wind mob.
4 packs of 2 neutral and 1 fire mob.
3 packs of 2 water and 1 ice mob.
3 packs of 2 earth and 1 shadow mob.
9 packs of 1 water, 1 earth and 1 ice mob.
3 packs of 1 neutral, 1 water, 1 nature and 1 earth mob.
1 pack of 3 neutral mobs.
2 packs of 3 arcane mobs.
3 packs of 2 wind and one plaque mob.
3 packs of 3 wind mobs.
2 packs of 1 nature, 1 ice and 1 arcane mob.
1 pack of 3 plague mobs.
4 packs of 2 ice and 1 water mob.
4 packs of 3 nature mobs.
2 packs of 1 plague, 1 earth, 1 fire and 1 arcane mob.
3 packs of 1 nature, 1 fire, 1 water and 1 wind mob.
1 pack of 1 wind, 1 neutral and 1 fire mob.
3 packs of 3 water mobs.
6 packs of 1 arcane, 1 plague, 1 shadow and 1 ice mob.
3 packs of 3 shadow mobs.
5 packs of 2 arcane and 1 nature mob.
2 packs of 1 shadow, 1 ice, 1 wind and 1 neutral mob.
3 packs of 2 nature and 1 arcane mob.
1 pack of 2 shadow and 1 earth mob.
2 packs of 3 fire mobs.
3 packs of 1 wind, 1 neutral and 1 plague mob.
3 packs of 3 earth mobs.

There are so many packs.

Edit below.

Okay, so a "healer" isn't quite good enough for the workshop to be easy. I should level my actual proper healer, then I could probably do this. Only got 20 fights, and this time I recorded how many of what mob instead of how many of which pack. Preferences for what I record? I'll try to record data that's easier to use, but I'm not sure what that would be. You seem to be recording both how many of what pack and how many of which mob in the golem workshop sheet. I could record both?

Scrapmetal tracker, 8 mobs.
Steelhound, 6 mobs.
Swift volt, 8 mobs.
Swift lumen, 9 mobs.
Black iron creeper, 7 mobs.
Coppercoil creeper, 7 mobs.
Construction mith, 9 mobs.
Sentinel mith, 10 mobs.
Mistral minion, 2 mobs.
Spellbound golem, 1 mob.
@nika

I'll update the spreadsheet with the numbers posted on this page!

@Coldblooded

Added you to the pinglist, and I look forward to collecting data with you this summer!

@Lunila

First off, thanks so much for stopping by and offering to help! That's wonderful. Secondly, you can record pack data OR mob data whichever you prefer to do, but definitely not both! This is because our mob-data takes the pack-data into account automatically. If we put both in, it ends up counting the numbers twice, haha.

And until you have a properly leveled healer, feel free to focus on Woodland Path data. We're trying to get as much as possible before the festival starts in 2 weeks!
@nika

I'll update the spreadsheet with the numbers posted on this page!

@Coldblooded

Added you to the pinglist, and I look forward to collecting data with you this summer!

@Lunila

First off, thanks so much for stopping by and offering to help! That's wonderful. Secondly, you can record pack data OR mob data whichever you prefer to do, but definitely not both! This is because our mob-data takes the pack-data into account automatically. If we put both in, it ends up counting the numbers twice, haha.

And until you have a properly leveled healer, feel free to focus on Woodland Path data. We're trying to get as much as possible before the festival starts in 2 weeks!
B6CFWfS.pngSWGDvZl.pngColi Refactor Mass Opening!
@Drezdin

Yay for helping! I'll keep that in mind. Recording the names and adding tally marks on paper was definitely easier and faster, so I'll record those. I'll try to get some woodland path data to help out for the festival. I'd definitely like to know the best places to grind, especially if the mire doesn't drop well.

Yeah, she's level 25 but I'm not keeping her so I haven't put ambush on her. She's just not quite fast enough to keep everyone. Woodland Path data it is!
@Drezdin

Yay for helping! I'll keep that in mind. Recording the names and adding tally marks on paper was definitely easier and faster, so I'll record those. I'll try to get some woodland path data to help out for the festival. I'd definitely like to know the best places to grind, especially if the mire doesn't drop well.

Yeah, she's level 25 but I'm not keeping her so I haven't put ambush on her. She's just not quite fast enough to keep everyone. Woodland Path data it is!
@Drezdin Thanks!

@Lunila Thanks for the data, and good luck getting your healer leveled up! As for what to record, the spreadsheet is set up for both, so both are equally easy (we can put in pack data that gets auto-converted to enemy data, or just put in enemy data - no need to count both, as Drezdin said). I slightly prefer getting pack data so we can see how the pack frequencies differ, but the enemy frequencies are the more important part, so really you should just pick whatever's the most convenient for you. I count pack frequencies, Drezdin counts enemies, because the way we do it is very different - that's why I set up the spreadsheet to take both types of data.

Edit: oops, ninja'd XD
@Drezdin Thanks!

@Lunila Thanks for the data, and good luck getting your healer leveled up! As for what to record, the spreadsheet is set up for both, so both are equally easy (we can put in pack data that gets auto-converted to enemy data, or just put in enemy data - no need to count both, as Drezdin said). I slightly prefer getting pack data so we can see how the pack frequencies differ, but the enemy frequencies are the more important part, so really you should just pick whatever's the most convenient for you. I count pack frequencies, Drezdin counts enemies, because the way we do it is very different - that's why I set up the spreadsheet to take both types of data.

Edit: oops, ninja'd XD
@Drezdin
Been going through each area and getting a little bit of data before I settle down and camp for a while, and I noticed that the monsters on the Waterway page aren't alphabetical like the others. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but I thought I'd let you know in case not. The alphabetizing on the other lists helps a lot to find and keep track of my numbers. ^^
@Drezdin
Been going through each area and getting a little bit of data before I settle down and camp for a while, and I noticed that the monsters on the Waterway page aren't alphabetical like the others. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but I thought I'd let you know in case not. The alphabetizing on the other lists helps a lot to find and keep track of my numbers. ^^
rIxOVnO.pngdQDtyBL.pngGaCoVKV.pngnJW9Vjy.png
@KaidaHime They look alphabetical (within each pack size) to me... Am I blind? Or did you or Drezdin already fix it? XD
@KaidaHime They look alphabetical (within each pack size) to me... Am I blind? Or did you or Drezdin already fix it? XD
@Nika
No sorry, I should have specified more. The individual enemies are out of order. You're right, the packs are as they should be.
I do individual data, it's just easier for me, so I happened to notice it's off. ^^;
@Nika
No sorry, I should have specified more. The individual enemies are out of order. You're right, the packs are as they should be.
I do individual data, it's just easier for me, so I happened to notice it's off. ^^;
rIxOVnO.pngdQDtyBL.pngGaCoVKV.pngnJW9Vjy.png
@KaidaHime Oh, oops, you're right! I didn't think to look at those. Yeah, I don't think there's any reason, I must've just forgotten to alphabetize them. I'll fix it. (And I dragged the whole rows when re-sorting, so your data should still be right)
@KaidaHime Oh, oops, you're right! I didn't think to look at those. Yeah, I don't think there's any reason, I must've just forgotten to alphabetize them. I'll fix it. (And I dragged the whole rows when re-sorting, so your data should still be right)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46