Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Coliseum Encounter Project
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46
@Ammoth

Glad to see you pop in and give me your blessing! I made sure that when I went though all of the data you linked to, that I specifically went for the numbers posted after the most recent coliseum updates. Definitely would be super embarrassing if I took pre-Manta data from Kelp Beds, or anything like that. xD

I hope RSI and Uni don't get you down. I'll add you to the pinglist you have a personal stake in the results of our number crunching, haha.

And yes, nika and Sylvandyr are my right and left arms (not telling which is left and which is right, haha) in this project. I plan on using them in my efforts to crush puny coliseum data. D:<
@Ammoth

Glad to see you pop in and give me your blessing! I made sure that when I went though all of the data you linked to, that I specifically went for the numbers posted after the most recent coliseum updates. Definitely would be super embarrassing if I took pre-Manta data from Kelp Beds, or anything like that. xD

I hope RSI and Uni don't get you down. I'll add you to the pinglist you have a personal stake in the results of our number crunching, haha.

And yes, nika and Sylvandyr are my right and left arms (not telling which is left and which is right, haha) in this project. I plan on using them in my efforts to crush puny coliseum data. D:<
B6CFWfS.pngSWGDvZl.pngColi Refactor Mass Opening!
@Drezdin

This looks brilliant. The layout and design you have set up is so easy to read. I would love to help contribute data. I have the advantage of having several teams to work up the venues so I can get a nice spread, hopefully. :3
I can PM you my email if yes. ^^;

(pinging self too @KaidaHime )
@Drezdin

This looks brilliant. The layout and design you have set up is so easy to read. I would love to help contribute data. I have the advantage of having several teams to work up the venues so I can get a nice spread, hopefully. :3
I can PM you my email if yes. ^^;

(pinging self too @KaidaHime )
rIxOVnO.pngdQDtyBL.pngGaCoVKV.pngnJW9Vjy.png
@KaidaHime

Absolutely yes! Thanks for the compliments~!
@KaidaHime

Absolutely yes! Thanks for the compliments~!
B6CFWfS.pngSWGDvZl.pngColi Refactor Mass Opening!
@Drezdin
Back with promised Kelp Beds data

N=353
Abyss Striker= 46
Cloud Chaser= 32
Golden Porpoise= 40
Jeweled Octoflyer= 40
Kelp Tender= 30
Mammertee= 22
Mantarune= 5
Maren Ambusher= 19
Maren Scout= 8
Maren Warrior= 9
Maren Wavesinger= 17
Octoflyer= 38
Relic Eel= 46
Wave Sweeper= 1

A side note: This may be just random chance, but I didn't encounter a single Wave Sweeper until the Coli switched to "night mode" or whatever it's called. Is it possible that some encounters are weighted differently for different times of the day?
@Drezdin
Back with promised Kelp Beds data

N=353
Abyss Striker= 46
Cloud Chaser= 32
Golden Porpoise= 40
Jeweled Octoflyer= 40
Kelp Tender= 30
Mammertee= 22
Mantarune= 5
Maren Ambusher= 19
Maren Scout= 8
Maren Warrior= 9
Maren Wavesinger= 17
Octoflyer= 38
Relic Eel= 46
Wave Sweeper= 1

A side note: This may be just random chance, but I didn't encounter a single Wave Sweeper until the Coli switched to "night mode" or whatever it's called. Is it possible that some encounters are weighted differently for different times of the day?
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
@FliptheFrog Thanks, added! (Since Drezdin went to bed and I'm reloading this thread impatiently, lol)

And I really hope not! With those kinds of numbers it's probably just coincidence. It'd be pretty annoying of the admins to do that without telling anyone, and it'd just be making the code more complicated for no good reason, so I doubt it's the case. Could be worth a Q&A question, though.
@FliptheFrog Thanks, added! (Since Drezdin went to bed and I'm reloading this thread impatiently, lol)

And I really hope not! With those kinds of numbers it's probably just coincidence. It'd be pretty annoying of the admins to do that without telling anyone, and it'd just be making the code more complicated for no good reason, so I doubt it's the case. Could be worth a Q&A question, though.
@Nika @Drezdin

Thanks for the ping Nika. c: Drezdin, I may help out with this over the summer (my last final is on Thursday, I won't be settled back home until around the next Tuesday though) but I'm not sure yet. In any case, go ahead and put me on the ping list. ^^
@Nika @Drezdin

Thanks for the ping Nika. c: Drezdin, I may help out with this over the summer (my last final is on Thursday, I won't be settled back home until around the next Tuesday though) but I'm not sure yet. In any case, go ahead and put me on the ping list. ^^
vvTo3kO.png

syJrt1N.gif
@FliptheFrog @nika - I've run into plenty of Wave Sweepers during the day. I tend to run into Wave Sweepers far more often than Mantarunes, recently, and I play both during day and night. I used to get many more Mantarunes than Wave Sweepers. I think it's just random.
@FliptheFrog @nika - I've run into plenty of Wave Sweepers during the day. I tend to run into Wave Sweepers far more often than Mantarunes, recently, and I play both during day and night. I used to get many more Mantarunes than Wave Sweepers. I think it's just random.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@Sylvandyr Good to know, thanks!
@Sylvandyr Good to know, thanks!
@Drezdin

I AM SO EXCITED I WAS LOOKING FOR A PROJECT EXACTLY LIKE THIS.

I was soooo certain that packs didn't spawn equally, and I did 100 rainforest battles to "prove" it. Sooooo many 2 fire 1 neutral packs compared to everything else. I'm not terribly comfortable editing spreadsheets, but if you don't mind me posting the data in this thread I would be thrilled to help! I recorded packs, so you can see how many of each pack I got, or I can simplify it to how many of each mob. I don't remember the names but there's only 1 of each element in the rainforest so that's how they'd be listed right now. So, 100 battles in the rainforest, and sometimes tomorrow I can hit wherever is currently a priority ^_^
@Drezdin

I AM SO EXCITED I WAS LOOKING FOR A PROJECT EXACTLY LIKE THIS.

I was soooo certain that packs didn't spawn equally, and I did 100 rainforest battles to "prove" it. Sooooo many 2 fire 1 neutral packs compared to everything else. I'm not terribly comfortable editing spreadsheets, but if you don't mind me posting the data in this thread I would be thrilled to help! I recorded packs, so you can see how many of each pack I got, or I can simplify it to how many of each mob. I don't remember the names but there's only 1 of each element in the rainforest so that's how they'd be listed right now. So, 100 battles in the rainforest, and sometimes tomorrow I can hit wherever is currently a priority ^_^
@Lunila Yeah, they definitely don't spawn equally! Each tab in the spreadsheet has inline graphs of the pack frequencies, and they're all over the place.

You need thousands of battles to really prove it, but I did enough data to do that last year in the old version of this thread (with statistics and everything!), and couldn't find any pattern. So now we're just trying to get enough data to see what everything really looks like.
@Lunila Yeah, they definitely don't spawn equally! Each tab in the spreadsheet has inline graphs of the pack frequencies, and they're all over the place.

You need thousands of battles to really prove it, but I did enough data to do that last year in the old version of this thread (with statistics and everything!), and couldn't find any pattern. So now we're just trying to get enough data to see what everything really looks like.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46