Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Accent Shop Tutorial
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Monako

Hey I have a question :
For some reason I can't figure how profit works here. When you create a skin PSD template you sell it for 500 gems? I mean, if you buy a 5-copy-pack-thing you would loose a lot of gems, right? And if you try to sell it like that to make a profit you would need to sell those skins so that you would make a profit, which would be like 1800 gems per skin?

Also what is 'bump'? And how do you post these banners? Also I'm not really sure what pre-orders are here.
Thank you for patience.
@Monako

Hey I have a question :
For some reason I can't figure how profit works here. When you create a skin PSD template you sell it for 500 gems? I mean, if you buy a 5-copy-pack-thing you would loose a lot of gems, right? And if you try to sell it like that to make a profit you would need to sell those skins so that you would make a profit, which would be like 1800 gems per skin?

Also what is 'bump'? And how do you post these banners? Also I'm not really sure what pre-orders are here.
Thank you for patience.
rsz_1rsz_screenshot_2018-02-16-23-04-32-1.png
@Delta8 Heya Delta, the best way to make a profit off of accents specifically would be to make profits off of 10 prints and sell them for 500gems a piece. Anything less then 10 prints will cause you to lose profits unless you up the price. A pre-order is when you make an accent that has yet to be printed on the site and show it to your audience on a blank dragon. So you essentially make the picture and then add people to a list and accept payment early so you have the actual gems to make the accent. Then you private them the accent once it's done being accepted by the staff. (Don't send cross-roads they don't work as well.) This can be useful if you're trying to get into accent making but you don't have the profits to do so regularly. Another reason they're useful is because you don't have to take as many chances with purchases. When you do pre-orders you know if they'll sell so you don't waste gems on an accent that might not do to well. [img]https://image.prntscr.com/image/5VzzwxnvToa0oCxAWpAC1w.png[/img] Multi-Copy packs are the way to go if you plan to sell skins and accents. You buy a 10 print of the accents for 2500gems and submit your accent then you sell those accents for 500gems each. 10 times 500 is 5,000gems Which covers the cost of the blueprints and gives you enough gems afterwards to be able to print more accents without always relying on pre-orders. So your profits are 2,500gems and the rest of the gems go to printing. x3 As for skins the price has to usually be raised to 800gems or more. 10 times 800 is 8,000 which is useful because you need at least 5,000gems to print a 10 print of skins. A bump on flight rising specifically is when you basically post just to get your topic seen in the accents and skins forum. You can only bump your shop or the accent you're making once a day to get more visibility in the forums. For instance this isn't technically a bump because i'm replying to you. But if I had only posted "Bump" here it would mean that my accent shop tutorial would appear on the front page for awhile so it could be seen more easily. If you're at all confused still or need anymore help feel free to ask. x3
@Delta8 Heya Delta, the best way to make a profit off of accents specifically would be to make profits off of 10 prints and sell them for 500gems a piece. Anything less then 10 prints will cause you to lose profits unless you up the price.

A pre-order is when you make an accent that has yet to be printed on the site and show it to your audience on a blank dragon. So you essentially make the picture and then add people to a list and accept payment early so you have the actual gems to make the accent. Then you private them the accent once it's done being accepted by the staff. (Don't send cross-roads they don't work as well.)

This can be useful if you're trying to get into accent making but you don't have the profits to do so regularly.

Another reason they're useful is because you don't have to take as many chances with purchases. When you do pre-orders you know if they'll sell so you don't waste gems on an accent that might not do to well.

5VzzwxnvToa0oCxAWpAC1w.png

Multi-Copy packs are the way to go if you plan to sell skins and accents.

You buy a 10 print of the accents for 2500gems and submit your accent then you sell those accents for 500gems each. 10 times 500 is 5,000gems Which covers the cost of the blueprints and gives you enough gems afterwards to be able to print more accents without always relying on pre-orders.

So your profits are 2,500gems and the rest of the gems go to printing. x3

As for skins the price has to usually be raised to 800gems or more.

10 times 800 is 8,000 which is useful because you need at least 5,000gems to print a 10 print of skins.

A bump on flight rising specifically is when you basically post just to get your topic seen in the accents and skins forum. You can only bump your shop or the accent you're making once a day to get more visibility in the forums.

For instance this isn't technically a bump because i'm replying to you. But if I had only posted "Bump" here it would mean that my accent shop tutorial would appear on the front page for awhile so it could be seen more easily.

If you're at all confused still or need anymore help feel free to ask. x3
Jeez, thank you, @Monako! This cleared a lot of things to me!
And here I am now, trying to figure how I'll make my skin art shop and now I am wandering. I want to add 'requests'. Now If someone requested a skin to be completely custom-made just like they want it to be, would it be Alright to charge them with 2000+ gems?
Jeez, thank you, @Monako! This cleared a lot of things to me!
And here I am now, trying to figure how I'll make my skin art shop and now I am wandering. I want to add 'requests'. Now If someone requested a skin to be completely custom-made just like they want it to be, would it be Alright to charge them with 2000+ gems?
rsz_1rsz_screenshot_2018-02-16-23-04-32-1.png
@Delta8 Custom skins and accents have totally different values. With public accents since you're making multiple copies you can usually charge less. But if you're doing someone custom artwork the person buying should also be paying for your time. You should ask them to provide you the blueprints you need and if possible get a copy of the custom.

Custom accents are usually only 5 or 10 print accents and most of the copies go to to the buyer. Along with them providing blueprints it isn't unreasonable to ask for 2kg or higher depending on the quality, time and work put into the custom.

As for requests I'd probably avoid it, what one person wants can be a tad fickle, for instance I'll sometimes get requests for things that I know wont sell well, so I'd probably avoid doing them unless I know I can net a large profit from at least 10 people.

It's not an impossible addition to add, but you should probably have a request + name of person who has the request and make it clear that it'll be a public accent. Though in that case I probably wouldn't charge as high for it since it isn't totally a custom.

@Delta8 Custom skins and accents have totally different values. With public accents since you're making multiple copies you can usually charge less. But if you're doing someone custom artwork the person buying should also be paying for your time. You should ask them to provide you the blueprints you need and if possible get a copy of the custom.

Custom accents are usually only 5 or 10 print accents and most of the copies go to to the buyer. Along with them providing blueprints it isn't unreasonable to ask for 2kg or higher depending on the quality, time and work put into the custom.

As for requests I'd probably avoid it, what one person wants can be a tad fickle, for instance I'll sometimes get requests for things that I know wont sell well, so I'd probably avoid doing them unless I know I can net a large profit from at least 10 people.

It's not an impossible addition to add, but you should probably have a request + name of person who has the request and make it clear that it'll be a public accent. Though in that case I probably wouldn't charge as high for it since it isn't totally a custom.

@Monako

this is totally awesome and helpful! it actually helps me with my nerves lol~

one thing: i can't see the images on your posts, they seem to be broken :0 is there any way you can reupload them so they work again? :) (or if you have used postimg.org to host, then change the url to postimg.cc)
@Monako

this is totally awesome and helpful! it actually helps me with my nerves lol~

one thing: i can't see the images on your posts, they seem to be broken :0 is there any way you can reupload them so they work again? :) (or if you have used postimg.org to host, then change the url to postimg.cc)
underskrift.png
@Neptunite Might take me a bit but I'll for sure try to fix the links! Glad it was helpful!
@Neptunite Might take me a bit but I'll for sure try to fix the links! Glad it was helpful!
@Monako I was wondering if you could share advice on how to get crisp accents. I tried resizing to 350/350 and it got super blurry.
@Monako I was wondering if you could share advice on how to get crisp accents. I tried resizing to 350/350 and it got super blurry.
@kschaef
@kschaef Heya! That could be caused by a few things, one of them could be the image file type you saved it out as. You're going to probably want it saved as a transparent png. But also the program you use might try compressing the file.

If you keep having issues with it and you send it my way I can resize it for you, or if you share an image of it with a watermark I can try to see if there's a problem with it should you not be comfortable sharing the file.

@kschaef Heya! That could be caused by a few things, one of them could be the image file type you saved it out as. You're going to probably want it saved as a transparent png. But also the program you use might try compressing the file.

If you keep having issues with it and you send it my way I can resize it for you, or if you share an image of it with a watermark I can try to see if there's a problem with it should you not be comfortable sharing the file.

@Monako I'd be happy to send it your way for resizing purposes. I'd greatly appreciate your help. I know lots of people use medibang so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or how they get their images so crisp
@Monako I'd be happy to send it your way for resizing purposes. I'd greatly appreciate your help. I know lots of people use medibang so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or how they get their images so crisp
@kschaef
@kschaef Oh! I haven't really used much of medibang, I'm unfamiliar with how to export it from that program.

If you send me a pm with the full sized file, or if you send me a dropbox or google drive file that lets me use it as a PSD file that can be opened in photoshop I'll resize it for you and send it back. x3
@kschaef Oh! I haven't really used much of medibang, I'm unfamiliar with how to export it from that program.

If you send me a pm with the full sized file, or if you send me a dropbox or google drive file that lets me use it as a PSD file that can be opened in photoshop I'll resize it for you and send it back. x3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9