Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Accent Shop Tutorial
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Kaolu Hey there! First and foremost don't let the lack of quick interest discourage you, the same thing happened to me! If anything I'd suggest you try out this.
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/1366167/1
To get more people to actually see your interest check!

Don't be scared to go outside the lines of the mane for the fire accent either. You can't draw outside of the actual dragon but if you decide to add more flames around the face outside of the mane you totally can. As long as the lineart is darker then the accent that's all that matters. You can change the shade as part dark orange for instance.

Same goes for the shading, You can change the hue of it to a darker orange instead of it being the dark grey shading. As long as it's noticeable! It's a very pretty accent, I can see people purchasing it. However before making any recolours lets see if you get more interest after using G.A.S.P.

You aren't a bother at all, I really enjoy having new accent artists ask me questions to be honest!
@Kaolu Hey there! First and foremost don't let the lack of quick interest discourage you, the same thing happened to me! If anything I'd suggest you try out this.
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/1366167/1
To get more people to actually see your interest check!

Don't be scared to go outside the lines of the mane for the fire accent either. You can't draw outside of the actual dragon but if you decide to add more flames around the face outside of the mane you totally can. As long as the lineart is darker then the accent that's all that matters. You can change the shade as part dark orange for instance.

Same goes for the shading, You can change the hue of it to a darker orange instead of it being the dark grey shading. As long as it's noticeable! It's a very pretty accent, I can see people purchasing it. However before making any recolours lets see if you get more interest after using G.A.S.P.

You aren't a bother at all, I really enjoy having new accent artists ask me questions to be honest!
@Monako, thank you ^.^ that made me feel a little better. Sleep helped too.
@Monako, thank you ^.^ that made me feel a little better. Sleep helped too.
2qkpb88.jpg

Ovipets: Lizhiao
@Kaolu Aw, it's no problem! If you need help with anything else let me know! I'm always happy to lend a hand.
@Kaolu Aw, it's no problem! If you need help with anything else let me know! I'm always happy to lend a hand.
@Monako, GASP is looking very enticing :D
@Monako, GASP is looking very enticing :D
2qkpb88.jpg

@Kaolu Yeah! An important thing to remember is that people often don't post in reply to interest checks simply because they don't get the chance to see them!

Using G.A.S.P helps sometimes!
@Kaolu Yeah! An important thing to remember is that people often don't post in reply to interest checks simply because they don't get the chance to see them!

Using G.A.S.P helps sometimes!
@Monako, just want to make sure I've read the rules properly on G.A.S.P, is it okay to ping everyone on the female imperial accent list? Or would I have to remove the ones that have specific requests?
@Monako, just want to make sure I've read the rules properly on G.A.S.P, is it okay to ping everyone on the female imperial accent list? Or would I have to remove the ones that have specific requests?
2qkpb88.jpg

@Kaolu I'd remove the one's with specific requests just in case, You can also go for the one that has all accents too. I believe there's a feature on the main site that stops double pinging now if I recall. If you do both you'll get more traffic then just female imperials.
@Kaolu I'd remove the one's with specific requests just in case, You can also go for the one that has all accents too. I believe there's a feature on the main site that stops double pinging now if I recall. If you do both you'll get more traffic then just female imperials.
@Monako, thanks for the help
@Monako, thanks for the help
2qkpb88.jpg

@Monako
Hi! I have some questions to ask about making an accent!

1. Are there any rules pertaining to using stock images? Like those nebula ones, for example.
2. If the stock images are not mine, but are being distributed for free use with credit by a resource web, can I still use it?
3. I actually already have made some accents following the official tutorial, but I only saved the wings layer, and I don't have my lines and shadows on them. Should I go back and merge them together, and re-export into png? I hope this question makes sense.

Thanks for the guide! I read a couple others but they didn't really explain what I'm not sure about. xD
@Monako
Hi! I have some questions to ask about making an accent!

1. Are there any rules pertaining to using stock images? Like those nebula ones, for example.
2. If the stock images are not mine, but are being distributed for free use with credit by a resource web, can I still use it?
3. I actually already have made some accents following the official tutorial, but I only saved the wings layer, and I don't have my lines and shadows on them. Should I go back and merge them together, and re-export into png? I hope this question makes sense.

Thanks for the guide! I read a couple others but they didn't really explain what I'm not sure about. xD

bestiaryraffle1_by_hapro-d90d0na.png
XAOGsCk.gif
How to Train Your Dragon
Trading Coliseum Chests
Buying your old festival skins/accents
Old threads | xoxoxo
@Fireworks Hey there! I actually don't know how most of the nebula accents are usually judged, some do look ironically like stock. But the official rules are as follows
"The use of stock photos and overwhelming textures is prohibited in order to remain as cohesive to Flight Rising's style as possible."

A few other things to consider is if the stock images in question are allowed to be used for commercial or money making purposes. And you wont actually be able to credit the creators with how skins and accents are made. So unfortunately I'd avoid it if at all possible. You may be able to use the stock as reference however.

Unfortunately you do need to make sure shadows and lines are visible. /How/ visible may vary. They can appear somewhat faded as long as they're visible. If you put a watermark on your accent I'd love to see an example to let you know if there's any fixes you may need. Have a lovely day!
@Fireworks Hey there! I actually don't know how most of the nebula accents are usually judged, some do look ironically like stock. But the official rules are as follows
"The use of stock photos and overwhelming textures is prohibited in order to remain as cohesive to Flight Rising's style as possible."

A few other things to consider is if the stock images in question are allowed to be used for commercial or money making purposes. And you wont actually be able to credit the creators with how skins and accents are made. So unfortunately I'd avoid it if at all possible. You may be able to use the stock as reference however.

Unfortunately you do need to make sure shadows and lines are visible. /How/ visible may vary. They can appear somewhat faded as long as they're visible. If you put a watermark on your accent I'd love to see an example to let you know if there's any fixes you may need. Have a lovely day!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9