Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Accent Shop Tutorial
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Bumping you up.
Bumping you up.
@Monako Thank you so much for this guide! I've had a lot of interest in the skins that I submitted to the Wavecrest contest, so I've been looking around for some tips. What would you suggest charging for skins?

Also is there somewhere I can post my skins for advice on whether or not they will definitely pass the criteria for linework and shadows being dark enough? My nightmare situation is submitting one, and it getting rejected. I'd have to alter it, make sure people still want to go ahead, and possibly refund people without being able to get my money back on the blueprints and ending up out of pocket. :s
@Monako Thank you so much for this guide! I've had a lot of interest in the skins that I submitted to the Wavecrest contest, so I've been looking around for some tips. What would you suggest charging for skins?

Also is there somewhere I can post my skins for advice on whether or not they will definitely pass the criteria for linework and shadows being dark enough? My nightmare situation is submitting one, and it getting rejected. I'd have to alter it, make sure people still want to go ahead, and possibly refund people without being able to get my money back on the blueprints and ending up out of pocket. :s
@LMagpie No problem, I'm glad this helps!
It really all depends on the quality of your skins. People dislike spending 850gems to 900gems for skins but if the art is really good they're more willing. I myself usually don't end up selling the skins I make for that reason.

So long as you take abut 10 orders and price them for above 500gems you can make a small profit, However 500 gems alone would only be enough to cover the actual cost of the skin. So prices may vary a bit. If you want to show an example with a watermark? Or if you're comfortable showing me the example I can give you an estimate of how much I think you'd be able to sell it for.

Unfortunately there aren't any places you can really go to get them pre-approved. As in guaranteed to pass. It's a worry I often have as well.

You can ask SuburbanSamurai here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/1199521/74
About the skin. Show an example of the png and they might let you know if they think if the accent has a dark enough shadow and line layer but they wont however be able to pre-approve it.

You're also free to show me and I'll let you know if I think the lineart and shadows are dark enough as well.
@LMagpie No problem, I'm glad this helps!
It really all depends on the quality of your skins. People dislike spending 850gems to 900gems for skins but if the art is really good they're more willing. I myself usually don't end up selling the skins I make for that reason.

So long as you take abut 10 orders and price them for above 500gems you can make a small profit, However 500 gems alone would only be enough to cover the actual cost of the skin. So prices may vary a bit. If you want to show an example with a watermark? Or if you're comfortable showing me the example I can give you an estimate of how much I think you'd be able to sell it for.

Unfortunately there aren't any places you can really go to get them pre-approved. As in guaranteed to pass. It's a worry I often have as well.

You can ask SuburbanSamurai here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/1199521/74
About the skin. Show an example of the png and they might let you know if they think if the accent has a dark enough shadow and line layer but they wont however be able to pre-approve it.

You're also free to show me and I'll let you know if I think the lineart and shadows are dark enough as well.
@Monako Thank you so much! I have no problem sharing them, they're already in the contest thread un-watermarked :) Here they are: [img]http://i.imgur.com/UrVKOtZ.png[/img] Sea Breeze [img]http://i.imgur.com/1GsQrQo.png[/img] Pastel Mermaid I really appreciate your help and advice! I think going forward I will stick to accents, they are a lot more affordable! But I have 19 people who have asked for a ping if I sell these skins.
@Monako Thank you so much! I have no problem sharing them, they're already in the contest thread un-watermarked :) Here they are:

UrVKOtZ.png
Sea Breeze

1GsQrQo.png
Pastel Mermaid

I really appreciate your help and advice! I think going forward I will stick to accents, they are a lot more affordable! But I have 19 people who have asked for a ping if I sell these skins.
@LMagpie I think you should try selling them for about 800 gems. The quality of the art is superb and the shading is very nice. If for some reason you have issues selling them for that price you could try putting them for a bit lower. But considering your skins are pretty unique and for a popular breed you might even be able to get 850gem for them.

Both the lineart and the shading looks fairly intact so I don't think you'll have any problems getting the skin approved.

I'm glad I've been able to help, good luck selling them!
@LMagpie I think you should try selling them for about 800 gems. The quality of the art is superb and the shading is very nice. If for some reason you have issues selling them for that price you could try putting them for a bit lower. But considering your skins are pretty unique and for a popular breed you might even be able to get 850gem for them.

Both the lineart and the shading looks fairly intact so I don't think you'll have any problems getting the skin approved.

I'm glad I've been able to help, good luck selling them!
@Monako That's wonderful, thank you so much!
@Monako That's wonderful, thank you so much!
@Monako Do you know why the accent previews are looking like this? [quote][skin=#10018][/quote]
@Monako
Do you know why the accent previews are looking like this?
Quote:
@ToTheTrees I'm not exactly certain as to why, but if you tell me the item ID of the accent I'll be happy to fix it for you.
@ToTheTrees I'm not exactly certain as to why, but if you tell me the item ID of the accent I'll be happy to fix it for you.
Bump
Bump
Hi @Monako,

Budding accent artist here!

I had an idea for an elemental imperial accent, spent many hours yesterday drawing it, only to realise I'd buggered it up, proceeded to redraw it today, probably about 12 hours total. I posted an interest check yesterday with my draft and got a few comments saying it looked good.

Anyway... I made my actual sales post today, but haven't had a reply, not overly worried about it, I'll be a bit more concerned in the morning, however there's a little niggling thought in the back of my brain, like "what if my idea is too bland?"

I said on my post that I'd be happy to do recolours if there's interest, but I'm wondering if I should take the time to do a recolour preemptively, or not?

Its a firey accent, so I said that I could do bright chemical fires in turquoise or purple etc, but there's always that niggling doubt!

Eh sorry for bothering you, its really late and I'm not entirely sure if I said what I meant to say.
Hi @Monako,

Budding accent artist here!

I had an idea for an elemental imperial accent, spent many hours yesterday drawing it, only to realise I'd buggered it up, proceeded to redraw it today, probably about 12 hours total. I posted an interest check yesterday with my draft and got a few comments saying it looked good.

Anyway... I made my actual sales post today, but haven't had a reply, not overly worried about it, I'll be a bit more concerned in the morning, however there's a little niggling thought in the back of my brain, like "what if my idea is too bland?"

I said on my post that I'd be happy to do recolours if there's interest, but I'm wondering if I should take the time to do a recolour preemptively, or not?

Its a firey accent, so I said that I could do bright chemical fires in turquoise or purple etc, but there's always that niggling doubt!

Eh sorry for bothering you, its really late and I'm not entirely sure if I said what I meant to say.
2qkpb88.jpg

Ovipets: Lizhiao
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9