Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Accent Shop Tutorial
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Amut I don't know if this will work on your version of Photoshop but try opening your accent then going to file and scroll down until you see one that says Place. It'll open a file folder and from there you just look for the dragon you saved. At that point you just have to do the final steps of finding the square or paint brush and it'll ask if you want to place it. Let me know if it works.
@Amut I don't know if this will work on your version of Photoshop but try opening your accent then going to file and scroll down until you see one that says Place. It'll open a file folder and from there you just look for the dragon you saved. At that point you just have to do the final steps of finding the square or paint brush and it'll ask if you want to place it. Let me know if it works.
@Monako thank you for the ping! I'm definitely going to bookmark this for future reference c:
@Monako thank you for the ping! I'm definitely going to bookmark this for future reference c:
1d8e87ba5f20e463816b62c21a52d702a3b8a596.png
@Monako

Thank you! I'll defenitely will use this.

Any tips how to handle folowing situation?

I have:
  • an accent for all breeds planned with multiple colors each (with multiple accents allready done in PS)
  • enough gems for one 10-accent pack
  • a Pinglist full of people that are generally interested

Should I hold a poll to find out which of the finished accents and which colorvariants are asked for most?

Or should I just choose the Imp male accent cause its a favorite breed and then decide on a color?

I don't want to ping people needlessly/too much then again I wan't to give the people what they most want/need first.
@Monako

Thank you! I'll defenitely will use this.

Any tips how to handle folowing situation?

I have:
  • an accent for all breeds planned with multiple colors each (with multiple accents allready done in PS)
  • enough gems for one 10-accent pack
  • a Pinglist full of people that are generally interested

Should I hold a poll to find out which of the finished accents and which colorvariants are asked for most?

Or should I just choose the Imp male accent cause its a favorite breed and then decide on a color?

I don't want to ping people needlessly/too much then again I wan't to give the people what they most want/need first.
@Ismaiel If you can handle the work load you could always put up three popular accents up for pre-order as long as you go through them one at a time.

Even though you have the ten pack you should likely wait until you have a slot area filled up. It shouldn't take to long since you already have a big pinglist

Making a poll wouldn't be a bad idea, but it's really your choice in that regard. Just remember you can have more then one accent up for pre-order and have one that you're selling directly without anything related to pre-ordering. Simply so people and hold their spots and so forth.

Don't worry yourself to much over piniging people, just let them know they can be removed any time and trust me if someone really likes your accents? Then they're going to be thankful to get a ping from you. Avoid pinging people more then once but don't stress yourself out to much pinging them about product they're interested int!

As long as you make yourself clear that you wont be pinging people for accents they haven't shown interest in there shouldn't be a problem. A general ping list is good for that so you can ping people based on what they want but also ping everyone on your general list without disturbing customers only interested in a specific accent.

Finally take everything one step at a time. I started my shop with just one accent to work with. You can release new colours and so forth over the course of time so your shop always has something new while also making sure you don't overwhelm your customers.
@Ismaiel If you can handle the work load you could always put up three popular accents up for pre-order as long as you go through them one at a time.

Even though you have the ten pack you should likely wait until you have a slot area filled up. It shouldn't take to long since you already have a big pinglist

Making a poll wouldn't be a bad idea, but it's really your choice in that regard. Just remember you can have more then one accent up for pre-order and have one that you're selling directly without anything related to pre-ordering. Simply so people and hold their spots and so forth.

Don't worry yourself to much over piniging people, just let them know they can be removed any time and trust me if someone really likes your accents? Then they're going to be thankful to get a ping from you. Avoid pinging people more then once but don't stress yourself out to much pinging them about product they're interested int!

As long as you make yourself clear that you wont be pinging people for accents they haven't shown interest in there shouldn't be a problem. A general ping list is good for that so you can ping people based on what they want but also ping everyone on your general list without disturbing customers only interested in a specific accent.

Finally take everything one step at a time. I started my shop with just one accent to work with. You can release new colours and so forth over the course of time so your shop always has something new while also making sure you don't overwhelm your customers.
Bumping~
Bumping~
Bumping.
Bumping.
This is a great guide, thank you!
This is a great guide, thank you!
by-knighterrant.png
@Monako all these great accent shop guides are popping up right after I make my own shop, how wonderful! The hardest thing, or the most annoying for me, is organizing mail. I greatly dread accidentally not noting someone down as paid. A folder system would be so helpful since you can't even pick a page to go to in you mailbox .-.

Thank you for making this! It's bound to be very helpful to those just setting up shop c:
@Monako all these great accent shop guides are popping up right after I make my own shop, how wonderful! The hardest thing, or the most annoying for me, is organizing mail. I greatly dread accidentally not noting someone down as paid. A folder system would be so helpful since you can't even pick a page to go to in you mailbox .-.

Thank you for making this! It's bound to be very helpful to those just setting up shop c:
KUUYWz1.png S E E K E R
ACCENT SHOP | ART BLOG
FR TUMBLR

some text
light_banner.png cuUj1QL.png

e8D0TxG.png
| SIGNATURES
@Seeker Ahh I totally agree, It never occurred to me just how important taking care of my inbox would be until after I already set up shop.

Organization is such a huge part of keeping everything going and I think accidentally losing a message or skimming over one are my biggest fears. So I end up hording pms and keeping a full folder! XD

The idea of another folder would make life so much nicer so we didn't have to keep everything in the same inbox.

And no problem! I'm glad to know that it was interesting enough to look into too. Been worried about that, I do hope it helps some people. > u <
@Seeker Ahh I totally agree, It never occurred to me just how important taking care of my inbox would be until after I already set up shop.

Organization is such a huge part of keeping everything going and I think accidentally losing a message or skimming over one are my biggest fears. So I end up hording pms and keeping a full folder! XD

The idea of another folder would make life so much nicer so we didn't have to keep everything in the same inbox.

And no problem! I'm glad to know that it was interesting enough to look into too. Been worried about that, I do hope it helps some people. > u <
@Anchoram No problem at all! Thank you for looking at it!
@Anchoram No problem at all! Thank you for looking at it!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9