Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | All You Need To Know: Adopts
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
@fireicedragon10 The next step is upload to some form of hosting site! Whether you use photobucket, imgur, deviantArt's Stash, or some other image hosting location, you'll need to upload it somewhere. If you would like more suggestions for potential sites where you can upload and host your adopts, just ask! I know...entirely too many XD
Once you do that, you'll be able to right click on the image, click "copy image location" (or whatever variation your internet browser says), and then you'll be able to get it into your shop by clicking on the little tree icon then pasting your image url into the popup.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do my best to answer them!
@fireicedragon10 The next step is upload to some form of hosting site! Whether you use photobucket, imgur, deviantArt's Stash, or some other image hosting location, you'll need to upload it somewhere. If you would like more suggestions for potential sites where you can upload and host your adopts, just ask! I know...entirely too many XD
Once you do that, you'll be able to right click on the image, click "copy image location" (or whatever variation your internet browser says), and then you'll be able to get it into your shop by clicking on the little tree icon then pasting your image url into the popup.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do my best to answer them!
1artismydrug_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77ji.png wsc_banner_by_lizziecat1279-db1jbdq.pngwyrillengenedresize_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77m6.png
@lizziecat1279
ok thank you so much that explains alot
@lizziecat1279
ok thank you so much that explains alot
I've been noticing people on tumblr talking about Adopts and What Are They and I figured I'll bump this for people to take notice!
I've been noticing people on tumblr talking about Adopts and What Are They and I figured I'll bump this for people to take notice!
1artismydrug_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77ji.png wsc_banner_by_lizziecat1279-db1jbdq.pngwyrillengenedresize_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77m6.png
@Diodol Pinging myself so I don't lose this just yet. :) I'll be coming back!
@Diodol Pinging myself so I don't lose this just yet. :) I'll be coming back!
xW59ap8.png
@lizziecat1279
Hey I've finally gotten it up! :D
Magical Adopt link here
@lizziecat1279
Hey I've finally gotten it up! :D
Magical Adopt link here
JPEG_image-73611_EF22973-1.jpg
@TwinFishies While I no longer curate a directory, I've got links on the front page that might take you to where you need to go?

I do run fradoptables though, and there's a few options to get your shop advertised there :D
If you're making a tumblr post then feel free to link me to that when it's made so that I can reblog it to fradoptables, if you don't have a tumblr then you can submit your shop yourself (so that you can get the perfect formatting/description) to http://fradoptables.tumblr.com/submit , OR if you don't have a tumblr/don't want to submit it then I can submit it for you on request!

Just let me know if you need/want help with anything, and what you'd like to do :D
@TwinFishies While I no longer curate a directory, I've got links on the front page that might take you to where you need to go?

I do run fradoptables though, and there's a few options to get your shop advertised there :D
If you're making a tumblr post then feel free to link me to that when it's made so that I can reblog it to fradoptables, if you don't have a tumblr then you can submit your shop yourself (so that you can get the perfect formatting/description) to http://fradoptables.tumblr.com/submit , OR if you don't have a tumblr/don't want to submit it then I can submit it for you on request!

Just let me know if you need/want help with anything, and what you'd like to do :D
@lizziecat1279

Sorry to bug you but I wanted to ask you for advise on my prices for my Bust adoptable I'm selling? Is my base price too high in your opinion (its in the 2nd post)? My work is very detailed/meticulous.

@lizziecat1279

Sorry to bug you but I wanted to ask you for advise on my prices for my Bust adoptable I'm selling? Is my base price too high in your opinion (its in the 2nd post)? My work is very detailed/meticulous.

New Inventory on the AH!
@SmaugTheAlmighty Honestly, I think the price is a good one for what you've got (and don't apologize in your thread for the price!). The shading is highly rendered, and there's a lot of detail overall! That said, if you're worried about a lack of orders it might be that you've got such a realistic base.

Chibi bases overall can get away with a lot more in terms of base errors, realistic or heavily detailed bases have much less wiggle room.
In my experience (and personal preference) if I were to order a realistic base I'd want it to be impeccable. Not to be a nitpick, but the neck doesn't match the head very well-for all the shading on the face that you have the neck looks...incomplete-and something about the mouth turns me off (perhaps the end of the mouth is too close to the eye?).
If you would like a redline please let me know, though I completely understand if I've nitpicked enough ^^;

It is possible that my preferences are just very precise and seen through a critical artist's eye, and others might not care so much!
That said, you might want to change your thread name from "detailed" to "realistic" as that is really the crowd you want to attract. Detailed is a very subjective term for people, realistic shows people exactly what you're selling them!

I do think that you have a great style, and definitely should not change the prices. But giving that neck a little bit more love, perhaps tweaking the face a little bit, or simply tweaking your forum thread name ought to help you a lot in the long run <3
@SmaugTheAlmighty Honestly, I think the price is a good one for what you've got (and don't apologize in your thread for the price!). The shading is highly rendered, and there's a lot of detail overall! That said, if you're worried about a lack of orders it might be that you've got such a realistic base.

Chibi bases overall can get away with a lot more in terms of base errors, realistic or heavily detailed bases have much less wiggle room.
In my experience (and personal preference) if I were to order a realistic base I'd want it to be impeccable. Not to be a nitpick, but the neck doesn't match the head very well-for all the shading on the face that you have the neck looks...incomplete-and something about the mouth turns me off (perhaps the end of the mouth is too close to the eye?).
If you would like a redline please let me know, though I completely understand if I've nitpicked enough ^^;

It is possible that my preferences are just very precise and seen through a critical artist's eye, and others might not care so much!
That said, you might want to change your thread name from "detailed" to "realistic" as that is really the crowd you want to attract. Detailed is a very subjective term for people, realistic shows people exactly what you're selling them!

I do think that you have a great style, and definitely should not change the prices. But giving that neck a little bit more love, perhaps tweaking the face a little bit, or simply tweaking your forum thread name ought to help you a lot in the long run <3
[quote name="lizziecat1279" date="2018-11-05 10:14:16" ] @SmaugTheAlmighty Honestly, I think the price is a good one for what you've got (and don't apologize in your thread for the price!). The shading is highly rendered, and there's a lot of detail overall! That said, if you're worried about a lack of orders it might be that you've got such a realistic base. Chibi bases overall can get away with a lot more in terms of base errors, realistic or heavily detailed bases have much less wiggle room. In my experience (and personal preference) if I were to order a realistic base I'd want it to be impeccable. Not to be a nitpick, but the neck doesn't match the head very well-for all the shading on the face that you have the neck looks...incomplete-and something about the mouth turns me off (perhaps the end of the mouth is too close to the eye?). If you would like a redline please let me know, though I completely understand if I've nitpicked enough ^^; It is possible that my preferences are just very precise and seen through a critical artist's eye, and others might not care so much! That said, you might want to change your thread name from "detailed" to "realistic" as that is really the crowd you want to attract. Detailed is a very subjective term for people, realistic shows people exactly what you're selling them! I do think that you have a great style, and definitely should not change the prices. But giving that neck a little bit more love, perhaps tweaking the face a little bit, or simply tweaking your forum thread name ought to help you a lot in the long run <3 [/quote] @lizziecat1279 Re: the neck, I was having the same feelings about that but for some reason I just can't picture what a wildclaw's neck should look like. Usually I am pretty good about muscle placement and such but idk I will try to add some more details to the neck. Re: the mouth, my original idea was a grinning wildclaw so their mouths are pulled up into a little grin. In the OG wildclaw art, the ends of the mouths actually extend far past the eyes but I felt like that was a lil' ridiculous looking when I tried it on my base so I made the mouth shorter/more natural looking.
lizziecat1279 wrote on 2018-11-05 10:14:16:

@lizziecat1279

Re: the neck, I was having the same feelings about that but for some reason I just can't picture what a wildclaw's neck should look like. Usually I am pretty good about muscle placement and such but idk I will try to add some more details to the neck.

Re: the mouth, my original idea was a grinning wildclaw so their mouths are pulled up into a little grin. In the OG wildclaw art, the ends of the mouths actually extend far past the eyes but I felt like that was a lil' ridiculous looking when I tried it on my base so I made the mouth shorter/more natural looking.
New Inventory on the AH!
@SmaugTheAlmighty In trying to understand why the smile looked so weird to me I went ahead and did a redline...and discovered that it appears to me that your base is actually from 3 completely different angles oAo [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/284154420504297472/521714620063416320/wildclawfadedheads.png[/img] The nose is twisted in a 3/4ths view from the top, the throat is twisted in a 3/4ths view from underneath, and the eye/mouth is a flat profile view. That alone causes most of the weirdness to my eye. So that twisting may have been causing some issues when you tried to extend the smile past the eye, and may also have caused some issues when trying to figure out how exactly the neck muscles would attach. On top of that, there doesn't seem to be enough room for any of the "cheek" bones in between the mouth and eye. Whether that's because of the eye placement (you'll notice I moved it forward a bit) or because of the spot the mouth ended up in (I lowered that, giving plenty of buffer between eye and mouth) or both I'm not sure. That likely also affected the placement of the smile. You'll also notice in the redline that I did a quick sketch on top of a velociraptor skull. I did this first (and then shortened the whole thing), since wildclaws are so closely based on those smallish theropods. Made it a lot easier to figure out the overall proportions later, and I would highly encourage anyone trying to do realistic styled drawings to attempt skeletal studies. One thing you'll notice in that is that the corner of the mouth does actually extend pretty far back. It's actually not too uncommon for lizard-type creatures to have mouths that extend past the eye, since they don't generally have cheeks to cover things up like mammals do. [img]https://images1.sw-cdn.net/product/picture/710x528_22455192_11537225_1534666168.jpg[/img] [img]https://nationalzoo.si.edu/sites/default/files/animals/komododragon-002.jpg[/img] All that said, no pressure to change anything!! I only say all this in an attempt to help, it's up to you whether you want to put in the extra time and effort to fix a base that seems to be selling decently well. I know I haven't fixed my own bases and there's some glaring problems in them ^^; Hope you have a lovely day~
@SmaugTheAlmighty
In trying to understand why the smile looked so weird to me I went ahead and did a redline...and discovered that it appears to me that your base is actually from 3 completely different angles oAo
wildclawfadedheads.png

The nose is twisted in a 3/4ths view from the top, the throat is twisted in a 3/4ths view from underneath, and the eye/mouth is a flat profile view. That alone causes most of the weirdness to my eye.
So that twisting may have been causing some issues when you tried to extend the smile past the eye, and may also have caused some issues when trying to figure out how exactly the neck muscles would attach.
On top of that, there doesn't seem to be enough room for any of the "cheek" bones in between the mouth and eye. Whether that's because of the eye placement (you'll notice I moved it forward a bit) or because of the spot the mouth ended up in (I lowered that, giving plenty of buffer between eye and mouth) or both I'm not sure. That likely also affected the placement of the smile.

You'll also notice in the redline that I did a quick sketch on top of a velociraptor skull. I did this first (and then shortened the whole thing), since wildclaws are so closely based on those smallish theropods. Made it a lot easier to figure out the overall proportions later, and I would highly encourage anyone trying to do realistic styled drawings to attempt skeletal studies. One thing you'll notice in that is that the corner of the mouth does actually extend pretty far back. It's actually not too uncommon for lizard-type creatures to have mouths that extend past the eye, since they don't generally have cheeks to cover things up like mammals do.
710x528_22455192_11537225_1534666168.jpg
komododragon-002.jpg

All that said, no pressure to change anything!! I only say all this in an attempt to help, it's up to you whether you want to put in the extra time and effort to fix a base that seems to be selling decently well. I know I haven't fixed my own bases and there's some glaring problems in them ^^;

Hope you have a lovely day~
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21