Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [guide] Golem Workshop!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
okay! this is just a basic guide re: how to grind the golem workshop without dying [b]your team:[/b] my dragons have a build slightly modified from culex' leveling guide ([url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710]here[/url]) my strength attackers (you need 2) have 127 STR | 57 QCK | 8 AGI (@ lvl 25 w / [b]3 berserkers[/b]) they have [b]2 ambushes[/b] & they [b]MUST have rally & eliminate[/b]; i think sap makes this level a LOT easier. my caster (you need 1) has 127 INT | 57 QCK | 8 AGI (@ lvl 25 w / [b]3 scholars[/b]) it should have [b]1 ambush[/b] and [b]1 discipline[/b]. it should also have [b]aid, contuse & its elemental attack[/b] (the one that can cause status effects). [b]picking elements: [/b] for your caster: good elements are wind, nature, shadow, or lightning (strong against one of the bosses, not weak against the other). BAD elements are earth, ice, fire, or water (weak against one of the bosses) for your str dragons: element's not really relevant. they don't do elemental damage, so all you have to worry about is defense against elemental damage by casters, since str damage is element-neutral. the casters come in pairs: wind/arcane & light/lightning. an elemental chart is down at the bottom - you don't have to pick elements that can defend against those pairs, so long as you can defend against one of those elements @ a time (they're casters, they take a while to hit - you can knock them out before they can touch you). my only other recommendation is not to have 2x dragons of the same element - if your caster is nature, don't also keep a nature str dragton. vary your team up. [b]setting up:[/b] arrange them like this: [IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/27zm2vs.jpg[/IMG] so that your caster is on the top left, in the "first" position. this way, you get four turns before even the fastest enemies can attack, and then your caster will meditate. [b]fighting[/b] with the build i use, you can kill the following with [b]scratch + elim[/b]: [indent]MISTRAL MINION (wind) SPELLBOUND GOLEM (arcane) BLACK IRON CREEPER (fire) COPPERCOIL CREEPER (lightning) SWIFT VOLT (lightning) SWIFT LUMEN (light) CHROMEFEATHER LOOKOUT (lightning)[/indent] (you can also one-hit the MISTRAL MINION and SPELLBOUND GOLEM with a rallied eliminate) and kill these with [b]2 scratches + eliminate rallied scratch + normal eliminate scratch + rallied eliminate[/b] [indent] SCRAPMETAL TRACKER (n/a) STEELHOUND (shadow) SENTINEL MITH (plague) CONSTRUCTION MITH (nature) SENTRY SQUAWKER (neutral)[/indent] the squirrels and floaty golems are casters; the construction mith takes a while to attack. i normally prioritize the hounds & miths, and then take out the others. also, since you sometimes take hits on mobs of the tougher opponents, use [b]contuse[/b] with your caster - it'll reduce the damage that opponent can deal out by 25% ! super helpful. so for a mob of 3 hounds, i use dragon 1 (mirror) --> rally dragon 2 (pc) dragon 1 --> scratch opponent A dragon 2 --> eliminate opponent A dragon 2 --> scratch opponent B opponent B --> strike dragon 3 (caster fae) --> contuse opponent C dragon 1 --> eliminate opponent B dragon 2 --> eliminate opponent C remember, a rallied scratch + a normal eliminate = a normal scratch + a rallied eliminate. however, most opponents (all except the sentinel mith & the hounds) will let you get seven turns in before they strike even once. get rid of the non-casters first. more leisurely mobs (like the floaty golems) will let you build up your breath / use sap to heal minor damage / have your healer dragon cast aid. scratch, sap, and contuse deal (for the purposes of this guide) the same damage - it doesn't matter which of the three you use. don't ever rally your caster, you will do it at least once and hate yourself, but just. don't rally the wrong dragon. [b]for the FROST DELVER (ice) & STONE BORER (earth) : [/b] i try to keep my breath built up around 85 (for the strength dragons) & as full as possible for the caster. then i'll waste breath with 1 eliminate from each of my strength dragons, leaving their breath at around 50. scratch as much as possible; if you want to eliminate again and waste breath then you can do that, you should end up with enough breath at the end of the fight to be able to use eliminate on the next mob. i usually cast contuse with my caster so that they will do less damage; after that the caster is mostly on healing duty or (if you have one that's super effective against the golem) they do almost as much damage as an eliminate, which knocks down the number of scratches. basically just don't be afraid to waste some breath with an eliminate to reduce the # of scratches you need to do / turns you need to take fighting like this i've had dragons faint on me 2-3 times but i never got ko'd or had to leave the coli, you can just kind of keep going indefinitely. i played in the workshop for like an hour and a half and dropped 3 familiars without ever having to start over let me know if you need clarification on any of this! [img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/2a5b2340ac661ef3adc0bd79463327f4/tumblr_mq75toik7y1sbylx1o1_500.jpg[/img] eta: here is an alternate stone configuration by @Arplin: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=gde&id=1270454&page=5&anchor=7763476#7763476]link[/url] this build uses two ambushes on your mage and a slightly different stat build (which i do not recommend mostly for quickness reasons) but for people who are tincturing an ex-strength dragon into a mage and don't want to erase an ambush stone, it's worth it! and it's probably a decent guide to read anyway. options are always good!
okay! this is just a basic guide re: how to grind the golem workshop without dying

your team:

my dragons have a build slightly modified from culex' leveling guide (here)

my strength attackers (you need 2) have 127 STR | 57 QCK | 8 AGI
(@ lvl 25 w / 3 berserkers)
they have 2 ambushes & they MUST have rally & eliminate; i think sap makes this level a LOT easier.

my caster (you need 1) has 127 INT | 57 QCK | 8 AGI
(@ lvl 25 w / 3 scholars)
it should have 1 ambush and 1 discipline.
it should also have aid, contuse & its elemental attack (the one that can cause status effects).

picking elements:

for your caster: good elements are wind, nature, shadow, or lightning (strong against one of the bosses, not weak against the other). BAD elements are earth, ice, fire, or water (weak against one of the bosses)
for your str dragons: element's not really relevant. they don't do elemental damage, so all you have to worry about is defense against elemental damage by casters, since str damage is element-neutral.
the casters come in pairs: wind/arcane & light/lightning. an elemental chart is down at the bottom - you don't have to pick elements that can defend against those pairs, so long as you can defend against one of those elements @ a time (they're casters, they take a while to hit - you can knock them out before they can touch you).

my only other recommendation is not to have 2x dragons of the same element - if your caster is nature, don't also keep a nature str dragton. vary your team up.

setting up:

arrange them like this:
27zm2vs.jpg

so that your caster is on the top left, in the "first" position.

this way, you get four turns before even the fastest enemies can attack, and then your caster will meditate.

fighting

with the build i use, you can kill the following with scratch + elim:
MISTRAL MINION (wind)
SPELLBOUND GOLEM (arcane)
BLACK IRON CREEPER (fire)
COPPERCOIL CREEPER (lightning)
SWIFT VOLT (lightning)
SWIFT LUMEN (light)
CHROMEFEATHER LOOKOUT (lightning)

(you can also one-hit the MISTRAL MINION and SPELLBOUND GOLEM with a rallied eliminate)

and kill these with
2 scratches + eliminate
rallied scratch + normal eliminate
scratch + rallied eliminate
SCRAPMETAL TRACKER (n/a)
STEELHOUND (shadow)
SENTINEL MITH (plague)
CONSTRUCTION MITH (nature)
SENTRY SQUAWKER (neutral)

the squirrels and floaty golems are casters; the construction mith takes a while to attack. i normally prioritize the hounds & miths, and then take out the others.

also, since you sometimes take hits on mobs of the tougher opponents, use contuse with your caster - it'll reduce the damage that opponent can deal out by 25% ! super helpful.

so for a mob of 3 hounds, i use

dragon 1 (mirror) --> rally dragon 2 (pc)
dragon 1 --> scratch opponent A
dragon 2 --> eliminate opponent A
dragon 2 --> scratch opponent B
opponent B --> strike
dragon 3 (caster fae) --> contuse opponent C
dragon 1 --> eliminate opponent B
dragon 2 --> eliminate opponent C

remember, a rallied scratch + a normal eliminate = a normal scratch + a rallied eliminate.

however, most opponents (all except the sentinel mith & the hounds) will let you get seven turns in before they strike even once. get rid of the non-casters first.

more leisurely mobs (like the floaty golems) will let you build up your breath / use sap to heal minor damage / have your healer dragon cast aid.

scratch, sap, and contuse deal (for the purposes of this guide) the same damage - it doesn't matter which of the three you use.

don't ever rally your caster, you will do it at least once and hate yourself, but just. don't rally the wrong dragon.

for the FROST DELVER (ice) & STONE BORER (earth) :

i try to keep my breath built up around 85 (for the strength dragons) & as full as possible for the caster. then i'll waste breath with 1 eliminate from each of my strength dragons, leaving their breath at around 50. scratch as much as possible; if you want to eliminate again and waste breath then you can do that, you should end up with enough breath at the end of the fight to be able to use eliminate on the next mob.
i usually cast contuse with my caster so that they will do less damage; after that the caster is mostly on healing duty or (if you have one that's super effective against the golem) they do almost as much damage as an eliminate, which knocks down the number of scratches.

basically just don't be afraid to waste some breath with an eliminate to reduce the # of scratches you need to do / turns you need to take

fighting like this i've had dragons faint on me 2-3 times but i never got ko'd or had to leave the coli, you can just kind of keep going indefinitely. i played in the workshop for like an hour and a half and dropped 3 familiars without ever having to start over

let me know if you need clarification on any of this!

tumblr_mq75toik7y1sbylx1o1_500.jpg

eta: here is an alternate stone configuration by @Arplin: link
this build uses two ambushes on your mage and a slightly different stat build (which i do not recommend mostly for quickness reasons) but for people who are tincturing an ex-strength dragon into a mage and don't want to erase an ambush stone, it's worth it! and it's probably a decent guide to read anyway. options are always good!
oYd3ccR.png xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
seeking XYZ (or any double!) g1 with
coral, clay, & gloom in any order

fr +0
he/him
@junipa what are the augment stones on your caster?
@junipa what are the augment stones on your caster?
@illusione whoops sorry! 3x scholar, i'll add that in
@illusione whoops sorry! 3x scholar, i'll add that in

fr +0
he/him
@junipa ahah, it's all right. also, apparently the giant monster robots (which i haven't had the misfortune to run into yet) are weak(er) to magic -- have you taken that into account at all?
@junipa ahah, it's all right. also, apparently the giant monster robots (which i haven't had the misfortune to run into yet) are weak(er) to magic -- have you taken that into account at all?
@illusione yeah - my caster's a wind dragon, so it's extra helpful on the earth ones - one elemental attack is about as much damage as an eliminate. i also typically use my caster offensively more on the borers bc the goal is just to get rid of them asap??? lmao

THIS ISN'T A GUIDE BUILT ON DETAILED STAT ANALYSIS sorry i am a sham ;~;
@illusione yeah - my caster's a wind dragon, so it's extra helpful on the earth ones - one elemental attack is about as much damage as an eliminate. i also typically use my caster offensively more on the borers bc the goal is just to get rid of them asap??? lmao

THIS ISN'T A GUIDE BUILT ON DETAILED STAT ANALYSIS sorry i am a sham ;~;

fr +0
he/him
@junipa NO WHY ARE YOU APOLOGIZING i'm the kind of person who only leveled up two dragons to 25 because exalt fodder, so i'm running through this venue with two carries and a bum. needless to say, i'm so screwed when the borers come along

that said, the general consensus is two physicals + a mage is the ideal set for this venue, so this guide is fairly helpful. why did you choose to deviate from culex's guide, though, out of curiosity?
@junipa NO WHY ARE YOU APOLOGIZING i'm the kind of person who only leveled up two dragons to 25 because exalt fodder, so i'm running through this venue with two carries and a bum. needless to say, i'm so screwed when the borers come along

that said, the general consensus is two physicals + a mage is the ideal set for this venue, so this guide is fairly helpful. why did you choose to deviate from culex's guide, though, out of curiosity?
@illusione haha i have... sixteen fully stoned & statted lvl25s (well, 1 needs tincturing and 2 are NOT QUITE the build i use these days but eh close enough) and 4 lvl20s i'd been leveling when this venue came out

I HAVE A PROBLEM ;~; i just only have 1 caster lmao. THE CASTER REALLY DOES HELP THO it really really does, if only bc that way you NEVER HAVE TO PAY FOR POTIONS AGAIN
@illusione haha i have... sixteen fully stoned & statted lvl25s (well, 1 needs tincturing and 2 are NOT QUITE the build i use these days but eh close enough) and 4 lvl20s i'd been leveling when this venue came out

I HAVE A PROBLEM ;~; i just only have 1 caster lmao. THE CASTER REALLY DOES HELP THO it really really does, if only bc that way you NEVER HAVE TO PAY FOR POTIONS AGAIN

fr +0
he/him
@junipa

Have you tried fighting with 2 strength attackers and an exalt fodder? Also, how many turns do you get before the monsters? Especially before Mistral Minion (68 QCK), Spellbound Golem (68 QCK), Swift Lumen (63 QCK) and Swift Volt (63 QCK).
@junipa

Have you tried fighting with 2 strength attackers and an exalt fodder? Also, how many turns do you get before the monsters? Especially before Mistral Minion (68 QCK), Spellbound Golem (68 QCK), Swift Lumen (63 QCK) and Swift Volt (63 QCK).
@Maki which build are you using? i'm currently running with 2 strength dragons and a fodder, so (if @junipa) doesn't mind, i may be able to help.

also re: junipa -- yeah, i can only imagine how helpful a caster must be. i have all the stones, i just need to actually.......do the thing and level. hah. i need the instant gratification of the tr payout. i actually have my ideal coli team in mind, but they're fandom dragons AND TWO OF THEM HAVE YET TO ACTUALLY BE BORN /shakes fist at rng
@Maki which build are you using? i'm currently running with 2 strength dragons and a fodder, so (if @junipa) doesn't mind, i may be able to help.

also re: junipa -- yeah, i can only imagine how helpful a caster must be. i have all the stones, i just need to actually.......do the thing and level. hah. i need the instant gratification of the tr payout. i actually have my ideal coli team in mind, but they're fandom dragons AND TWO OF THEM HAVE YET TO ACTUALLY BE BORN /shakes fist at rng
@illusione mostly bc extra speed was more important to me than strength & uh. okay the real reason is my build leaves ABSOLUTELY NO STAT POINTS LEFT OVER, they are all perfectly accounted for, and also the build i HAD been using (i think it was like 126/56/some more points in agi? idr exactly) but like, one lvl 25 i finally got all the way up and i accidentally put 1 more point in speed and that gave me a noticable bump over kelp beds enemies that... doesn't exist b/w 57 & 59 qck.

LONG AND THE SHORT OF IT IS it makes my brain happy to have no stat points left + i like it

@maki i have not because i am farming here? if anyone wants to step in with helpful tips and tricks for that feel free.

and i get, uh, well for the floaty golems i get 4 turns before them but once you have breath built up thats enough to knock 2 of them out & the third meditates once and then you kill the last one. and same for the swifts though you can't 1-hit ko them with the build i use.

but that's because my 3d dragon has 1 ambush stone! if you were fighting with a third dragon with no ambush idk how many turns thatd be
@illusione mostly bc extra speed was more important to me than strength & uh. okay the real reason is my build leaves ABSOLUTELY NO STAT POINTS LEFT OVER, they are all perfectly accounted for, and also the build i HAD been using (i think it was like 126/56/some more points in agi? idr exactly) but like, one lvl 25 i finally got all the way up and i accidentally put 1 more point in speed and that gave me a noticable bump over kelp beds enemies that... doesn't exist b/w 57 & 59 qck.

LONG AND THE SHORT OF IT IS it makes my brain happy to have no stat points left + i like it

@maki i have not because i am farming here? if anyone wants to step in with helpful tips and tricks for that feel free.

and i get, uh, well for the floaty golems i get 4 turns before them but once you have breath built up thats enough to knock 2 of them out & the third meditates once and then you kill the last one. and same for the swifts though you can't 1-hit ko them with the build i use.

but that's because my 3d dragon has 1 ambush stone! if you were fighting with a third dragon with no ambush idk how many turns thatd be

fr +0
he/him
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13