Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Nerd's Ultimate Flight Guide
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23
@wailshark Thank you, I'll add those little quirks in. Seedlings is a really cute name for newbies...
@wailshark Thank you, I'll add those little quirks in. Seedlings is a really cute name for newbies...

tumblr_inline_n2eawkJFne1s6uj4o.gif
Part of me is like I LOVE EARTH FLIGHT SO MUCH but then I'm also like I LOVE WHITE EYES, BROWN EYES ARE UGLY.

D:
Part of me is like I LOVE EARTH FLIGHT SO MUCH but then I'm also like I LOVE WHITE EYES, BROWN EYES ARE UGLY.

D:
I've noticed that Nature flight is VERY lore-oriented. We have a thread specifically for leaving nature poems, pictures, music, or just praying to Lady Gladekeeper. We dote on our dragons a lot. Also, TREE DRAGONS. *u* We have an official Skype chat, and lots of other new things that will help the community become closer. When I joined in the most recent wave there was an outrageous number of "Free Dragons/Items/Familiars/Food for Seedlings" threads. We have a mentoring program, and a sort of food bank for people running low on FP. Our members are generous and thoughtful of one another. I have not seen any arguments that have led to name-calling or anything of the sort in the Nature forums.
I've noticed that Nature flight is VERY lore-oriented. We have a thread specifically for leaving nature poems, pictures, music, or just praying to Lady Gladekeeper. We dote on our dragons a lot. Also, TREE DRAGONS. *u* We have an official Skype chat, and lots of other new things that will help the community become closer. When I joined in the most recent wave there was an outrageous number of "Free Dragons/Items/Familiars/Food for Seedlings" threads. We have a mentoring program, and a sort of food bank for people running low on FP. Our members are generous and thoughtful of one another. I have not seen any arguments that have led to name-calling or anything of the sort in the Nature forums.
9g0BXbt.gif
@Nerd I thought I would let you know this info and you can put it with wind description if you want to or not but wind members are called windies and the new members are called wisps. Also we're voting on it currently but it seems with the votes so far the dragons we exalt will be called kites.
@Nerd I thought I would let you know this info and you can put it with wind description if you want to or not but wind members are called windies and the new members are called wisps. Also we're voting on it currently but it seems with the votes so far the dragons we exalt will be called kites.
tumblr_nyp53fylti1rblo47o1_500.png
+0 FR time

mjamlegends_by_thestorykeeper-d9v7lh2.pngdom-mini.png

xfeFcu.png

E1a1YiR.png
mzwxeKN.png
3UQGyNs.png

tumblr_neeclj9oGa1u24n19o1_400.png

rH6hzWL.png
@Nerd Other nicknames for the Tidelord are Timelord and Tidepotato.
@Nerd Other nicknames for the Tidelord are Timelord and Tidepotato.
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
(this is great, bumping for newbies and to say there is a poll going on in wind to give a title to our exaltlings.)
(this is great, bumping for newbies and to say there is a poll going on in wind to give a title to our exaltlings.)
0daf0bq.gif3CqUIAq.gifhQ5VT34.gif
@Nerd Like @Frayer said, we're pretty lore oriented (which kind of ties into the fact that many people choose nature for the aesthetic), and there's definitely a lot of people who breed tree and other nature themed dragons!

@Avessa Though I also like to think of us as more dominance-oriented than people assume, I think we're actually just part of the competitive minority in an overall laid-back flight ^^

That said, if one cares more about the organization, teamwork, and competitive spirit of dominance than actually winning, Nature is a great flight to choose, because those of us who are into dom tend to be really into dom :')
@Nerd Like @Frayer said, we're pretty lore oriented (which kind of ties into the fact that many people choose nature for the aesthetic), and there's definitely a lot of people who breed tree and other nature themed dragons!

@Avessa Though I also like to think of us as more dominance-oriented than people assume, I think we're actually just part of the competitive minority in an overall laid-back flight ^^

That said, if one cares more about the organization, teamwork, and competitive spirit of dominance than actually winning, Nature is a great flight to choose, because those of us who are into dom tend to be really into dom :')
sywhNpv.pngg4DcSLb.gifjAHIB2J.png
@Nerd Oooh, I wondered when this was coming out!

One typo that I spotted, when you list things to consider before picking a flight: "I am most interested in an active private forum Each forum has a private forum that can only be accessed by fellow flight members." And of course flight sizes have changed.

Additional details about Arcane, that you may or may not want to include: Our exaltees are usually referred to as Scholars, we've got about a dozen names for members of Arcane (Arcanite, Arcanaut, Magelet, Mageling, Scholars, which can get a bit confusing...), and Arcane has a noticeable emphasis on being welcoming and supportive, both in general to new members, but also on more specific topics like MOGAI and disabilities. It's not always immediately obvious since our forum fills up with other threads, but should the topic come up, I can honestly say I'm more comfortable in Arcane than anywhere else (including my at school's GSA and among friends). Of course I can't judge other flights, but I think it's worth mentioning.
@Nerd Oooh, I wondered when this was coming out!

One typo that I spotted, when you list things to consider before picking a flight: "I am most interested in an active private forum Each forum has a private forum that can only be accessed by fellow flight members." And of course flight sizes have changed.

Additional details about Arcane, that you may or may not want to include: Our exaltees are usually referred to as Scholars, we've got about a dozen names for members of Arcane (Arcanite, Arcanaut, Magelet, Mageling, Scholars, which can get a bit confusing...), and Arcane has a noticeable emphasis on being welcoming and supportive, both in general to new members, but also on more specific topics like MOGAI and disabilities. It's not always immediately obvious since our forum fills up with other threads, but should the topic come up, I can honestly say I'm more comfortable in Arcane than anywhere else (including my at school's GSA and among friends). Of course I can't judge other flights, but I think it's worth mentioning.
Curiosity hasn't killed me yet.

Starfall Skin/Accent Price Tracking Spreadsheet
We in plague flight often speak about plaguelings when it comes to the users, and it's a bit funny, but I've seen many users who are learning medical stuff, so even about viruses and diseases and.. well, plague-ish things. There are even many who are doctors! Plague doctors. *3*
Also we often call Plaguebringer Plaguemomma, but I think from all the flights we respect our deity the most. The dominance pushes are also for satisfying her.
But I can't say that we are only to dominance, even if we are the most dominant flight on the site. We are a big family. The oldest help the youngest, we also have a diner-forum, to share food with those who are struggling to get enough, sometimes we are giving away free stuff in the forums, we have contests, raffles.. We even have a thread for bad-mooded plague members which have stuff inside, like music, and funny websites to cheer you up. ^^

Sooo I think we are a bit like knights or warriors. We fight for a bigger purpose, we use all we got to win, but we are all under a flag, we are a brother- and sisterhood, a family, and we care a lot about the youngs and newbies too. :3

But I may not know these things well, I just started to hang out in the forums recently, sooo I may missed or messed up things. ^^"

Anyways, I hope it helps. :3
We in plague flight often speak about plaguelings when it comes to the users, and it's a bit funny, but I've seen many users who are learning medical stuff, so even about viruses and diseases and.. well, plague-ish things. There are even many who are doctors! Plague doctors. *3*
Also we often call Plaguebringer Plaguemomma, but I think from all the flights we respect our deity the most. The dominance pushes are also for satisfying her.
But I can't say that we are only to dominance, even if we are the most dominant flight on the site. We are a big family. The oldest help the youngest, we also have a diner-forum, to share food with those who are struggling to get enough, sometimes we are giving away free stuff in the forums, we have contests, raffles.. We even have a thread for bad-mooded plague members which have stuff inside, like music, and funny websites to cheer you up. ^^

Sooo I think we are a bit like knights or warriors. We fight for a bigger purpose, we use all we got to win, but we are all under a flag, we are a brother- and sisterhood, a family, and we care a lot about the youngs and newbies too. :3

But I may not know these things well, I just started to hang out in the forums recently, sooo I may missed or messed up things. ^^"

Anyways, I hope it helps. :3
@nerd

This is a really amazing thread! I like getting a little taste of what the other flights are like.
@nerd

This is a really amazing thread! I like getting a little taste of what the other flights are like.
sZRxyrd.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23