Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Flight Population Tracking
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 137 138
This Week's Change

*repeatedly checks map in confusion*

Earth? Earth u okay? Do my eyes deceive me?

Okay I've checked like 6 times so please explain how this happened.

Earth: +739
Plague: +40
Wind: -28
Water: -1
Lightning: -2
Ice: +75
Shadow: +43
Light: +46
Arcane: -55
Nature: -7
Fire: +7

Honestly I don't have anything to say at the others because I'm too in shock because of Earth ???? They went from 2890 to 3629. They gained more now than they did during registration. Perhaps earth folks are more likely to delay picking a flight? Or did literally everyone pick up and say "YES LET'S MAKE EARTH BIG THIS WEEK"

@Caerbannog @Kitari @StrykeSlammerII @interestingword @Thalasuchus @Nimme @Meredith44 @Amarra @SadinaSaphrite @deterwhat @Fudge @Ravenmoon @Rannera @Foxofwonders @Fulcrum @Steffon @Orbitz @AcidStar @Pyrus @Lapillus @Skygryph @Xanthelei @Azylumin
This Week's Change

*repeatedly checks map in confusion*

Earth? Earth u okay? Do my eyes deceive me?

Okay I've checked like 6 times so please explain how this happened.

Earth: +739
Plague: +40
Wind: -28
Water: -1
Lightning: -2
Ice: +75
Shadow: +43
Light: +46
Arcane: -55
Nature: -7
Fire: +7

Honestly I don't have anything to say at the others because I'm too in shock because of Earth ???? They went from 2890 to 3629. They gained more now than they did during registration. Perhaps earth folks are more likely to delay picking a flight? Or did literally everyone pick up and say "YES LET'S MAKE EARTH BIG THIS WEEK"

@Caerbannog @Kitari @StrykeSlammerII @interestingword @Thalasuchus @Nimme @Meredith44 @Amarra @SadinaSaphrite @deterwhat @Fudge @Ravenmoon @Rannera @Foxofwonders @Fulcrum @Steffon @Orbitz @AcidStar @Pyrus @Lapillus @Skygryph @Xanthelei @Azylumin
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
Holy wow, how is that even possible? xD
That's like, an increase of over 25% if I got my math right!
Holy wow, how is that even possible? xD
That's like, an increase of over 25% if I got my math right!
FR_Comm.png
a
foxofwonders.png __TDmCtlK.png __instagram-logo.png __Twitter_logo_bird_transparent_png.png __FR+9
__Netherlands__
__#3615
__Artist
P1YWd6F.png AgG97x3.png
@Foxofwonders I don't know! They had to have come from somewhere, I would think? Nobody lost that many users. According to these numbers, we are at a total of +900 users.
@Foxofwonders I don't know! They had to have come from somewhere, I would think? Nobody lost that many users. According to these numbers, we are at a total of +900 users.
WpjbI2U.gif
@squidragon
Well, many many many newbs who didn't choose their flight earlier I guess? Still incredible.

All I can say is congratulations Earth Flight, I guess. xD
@squidragon
Well, many many many newbs who didn't choose their flight earlier I guess? Still incredible.

All I can say is congratulations Earth Flight, I guess. xD
FR_Comm.png
a
foxofwonders.png __TDmCtlK.png __instagram-logo.png __Twitter_logo_bird_transparent_png.png __FR+9
__Netherlands__
__#3615
__Artist
P1YWd6F.png AgG97x3.png
@Foxofwonders I've confirmed the theory that people sign up and don't start playing. I went to some high user IDs and found people whose progens are only a day old.
@Foxofwonders I've confirmed the theory that people sign up and don't start playing. I went to some high user IDs and found people whose progens are only a day old.
WpjbI2U.gif
Oh wow, my mom's flight just got a huge boost! @squidragon that made me smile, just because the numbers are so ridiculously extreme. I'd be willing to bet though that a lot of those people were newbies who wanted to see which flight had the fewest people in them for dominance chances. Because I'll bet when Earth makes a Dom push, they'll win it, lol.
Oh wow, my mom's flight just got a huge boost! @squidragon that made me smile, just because the numbers are so ridiculously extreme. I'd be willing to bet though that a lot of those people were newbies who wanted to see which flight had the fewest people in them for dominance chances. Because I'll bet when Earth makes a Dom push, they'll win it, lol.
Awesome work on this! It is really great how you've calculated these numbers!
Awesome work on this! It is really great how you've calculated these numbers!
v6iKMZr.png 23852.png

Sunny
he/him
FR +3
[quote name="Lililira" date="2014-10-26 10:25:35"]Okay, I figured it out by going through some account ID#s, and it looks like that if someone never chooses a flight they get moved into Earth after a certain amount of time. Examples I've found: 103700 101800 If you check their lairs they don't have progens or anything, so it's possible that they never even chose a flight.[/quote] Mystery solved? Still unsure but a very good theory. @Foxofwonders
Lililira wrote on 2014-10-26 10:25:35:
Okay, I figured it out by going through some account ID#s, and it looks like that if someone never chooses a flight they get moved into Earth after a certain amount of time.

Examples I've found:

If you check their lairs they don't have progens or anything, so it's possible that they never even chose a flight.

Mystery solved? Still unsure but a very good theory. @Foxofwonders
WpjbI2U.gif
@squidragon
Hmmm... considering they ARE the first flight, this might be true.
@squidragon
Hmmm... considering they ARE the first flight, this might be true.
FR_Comm.png
a
__Netherlands__
__#3615
__Artist
P1YWd6F.png AgG97x3.png
We now have an explanation for this week's events: [quote name="Akiri" date="2014-10-26 13:32:31"][quote name="squidragon" date="2014-10-26 09:13:31"] That is more than Earth gained DURING the registration period, which was about 487. [/quote] This is about how many active accounts earth has gained since registration including the ones that were assigned. A small amount of those active accounts are from the ones that were assigned last night. It was discovered that the reason the dominance tally stopped operating so abruptly was because of having too many accounts with no element. Prior to this last registration window, we did not encounter an issue where players would sign up and not select an element. While I work on a more permanent solution for the future, I had to make sure these accounts did not cause further issues for the entire playerbase. Where they are now and their inactive status will NOT harm any attempts for dominance by earth. Moving these non-element accounts to earth is not an auto default so you are not going to get piled with every non-element account that ever occurs. It was done to protect the dominance attempts of ALL flights while we work on a solution.[/quote] @Caerbannog @Kitari @StrykeSlammerII @interestingword @Thalasuchus @Nimme @Meredith44 @Amarra @SadinaSaphrite @deterwhat @Fudge @Ravenmoon @Rannera @Foxofwonders @Fulcrum @Steffon @Orbitz @AcidStar @Pyrus @Lapillus @Skygryph @Xanthelei @Azylumin So we don't know Earth's actual precise population. For now, I'll just leave it at what it was a week ago.
We now have an explanation for this week's events:
Akiri wrote on 2014-10-26 13:32:31:
squidragon wrote on 2014-10-26 09:13:31:

That is more than Earth gained DURING the registration period, which was about 487.

This is about how many active accounts earth has gained since registration including the ones that were assigned. A small amount of those active accounts are from the ones that were assigned last night.

It was discovered that the reason the dominance tally stopped operating so abruptly was because of having too many accounts with no element. Prior to this last registration window, we did not encounter an issue where players would sign up and not select an element. While I work on a more permanent solution for the future, I had to make sure these accounts did not cause further issues for the entire playerbase. Where they are now and their inactive status will NOT harm any attempts for dominance by earth. Moving these non-element accounts to earth is not an auto default so you are not going to get piled with every non-element account that ever occurs. It was done to protect the dominance attempts of ALL flights while we work on a solution.

So we don't know Earth's actual precise population. For now, I'll just leave it at what it was a week ago.
WpjbI2U.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 137 138