Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [OLD] Visual Familiars Guide
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
@anue
It's so sad to hear about you quitting actually. I can offer my help with the thread, but as I never maintained something this big, I might wait if someone more experienced wishes to take this huge work over. If no one wishes, tho, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to help. Thank you for all this hard work so far.
Please stay safe!
@anue
It's so sad to hear about you quitting actually. I can offer my help with the thread, but as I never maintained something this big, I might wait if someone more experienced wishes to take this huge work over. If no one wishes, tho, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to help. Thank you for all this hard work so far.
Please stay safe!
NmS5GYp.png LRsHRNT.png b8wk9GD.png DtPHRBn.png
@KameTurtle

Thank you for the offer, I truly appreciate it :) I'll wait and see if anyone else steps up, as experience is definitely a bonus, but maintaining this thread doesn't really require that much. It's maybe 20 minutes per update, and keeping an eye on the front page where they announce new familiars. I just have a lot of other games I want to play :)
@KameTurtle

Thank you for the offer, I truly appreciate it :) I'll wait and see if anyone else steps up, as experience is definitely a bonus, but maintaining this thread doesn't really require that much. It's maybe 20 minutes per update, and keeping an eye on the front page where they announce new familiars. I just have a lot of other games I want to play :)
nT4ZdTo.png
@anue I would love to to take on this thread if you are okay with that! I love this thread so much and it's really sad to hear that you're leaving ;n; I usually don't post much, but I log in everyday and I'm a current CS major undergrad so experiencewise I'm comfortable with coding like this. Official url testing: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/8400.png[/img] Edit: I think the official url works just fine for now!
@anue

I would love to to take on this thread if you are okay with that! I love this thread so much and it's really sad to hear that you're leaving ;n;

I usually don't post much, but I log in everyday and I'm a current CS major undergrad so experiencewise I'm comfortable with coding like this.

Official url testing: 8400.png

Edit: I think the official url works just fine for now!
vfJxCVy.png
@ZxwxZ That's fantastic! That's the kind of enthusiasm I was hoping for :) In the very early days of the thread I used the official URLs for the images, but a forum change made them stop working - they would only load if they were already cached. I don't know if that's still the case, but overhauling the thread (again) is not something I'm willing to do anymore. I'll just check with a familiar I don't have here, I'm curious now. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/23849.png[/img] Well, this one seems to work, but that doesn't guarantee all of them will. Also I have just changed to Firefox and haven't quite figured out when a hard refresh works and when it doesn't.
@ZxwxZ

That's fantastic! That's the kind of enthusiasm I was hoping for :)

In the very early days of the thread I used the official URLs for the images, but a forum change made them stop working - they would only load if they were already cached. I don't know if that's still the case, but overhauling the thread (again) is not something I'm willing to do anymore.

I'll just check with a familiar I don't have here, I'm curious now.

23849.png

Well, this one seems to work, but that doesn't guarantee all of them will. Also I have just changed to Firefox and haven't quite figured out when a hard refresh works and when it doesn't.
nT4ZdTo.png
@Zxwxz @anue although i dont use them much, using the on-site links have always worked for me in the past! Might be worth doing some testing i suppose?

i can see the fox just fine, for what it's worth, and it's not a familiar i own!
i tried both in firefox (my normal browser) and a non-logged-in session on chrome (where i have definitely never cached the fox before) and both worked just fine!
@Zxwxz @anue although i dont use them much, using the on-site links have always worked for me in the past! Might be worth doing some testing i suppose?

i can see the fox just fine, for what it's worth, and it's not a familiar i own!
i tried both in firefox (my normal browser) and a non-logged-in session on chrome (where i have definitely never cached the fox before) and both worked just fine!
jsj7i0F.png

GXksSMR.png

jsj7i0F.png

Rq86m6N.png

5YkumXU.png
give me the stupid birds

8yJJEur.pngVZGtQue.png8KQXC3X.pngL2fmqQ8.pngwC1KtX9.png6H6WBlh.png

@CrimsonCatalyst

Thank you, that saves us some time :)
@CrimsonCatalyst

Thank you, that saves us some time :)
nT4ZdTo.png
The New Guide Has Been Established

This thread will no longer be updated because I am quitting Flight Rising. I have handed the thread over to ZxwxZ, and the banner in my signature will take you there.

Thank you all for the support and take care :)

The New Guide Has Been Established

This thread will no longer be updated because I am quitting Flight Rising. I have handed the thread over to ZxwxZ, and the banner in my signature will take you there.

Thank you all for the support and take care :)

nT4ZdTo.png
@anue

Aw man, it sucks to see you go!! :'( You've been a blessing with this thread, but it is really great to see you doing this and keeping it on and passing the torch, at least. Thank you for such a great guide and keeping up with everything that comes!
@anue

Aw man, it sucks to see you go!! :'( You've been a blessing with this thread, but it is really great to see you doing this and keeping it on and passing the torch, at least. Thank you for such a great guide and keeping up with everything that comes!
rage.png
So sorry that you're going! It's not so easy to create such an awesome guide and to update it all the time. Hopefully, this guide will be still alive when you quit, and others will take care of it. This post helped me a lot when choosing familiars. Thanks for creating it!
So sorry that you're going! It's not so easy to create such an awesome guide and to update it all the time. Hopefully, this guide will be still alive when you quit, and others will take care of it. This post helped me a lot when choosing familiars. Thanks for creating it!
May I request a suggestion? Can you let them in order of how good or rare they are? If I go to get on from an auction or sell one for a good price, then I just want to know I’m getting what I traded for. Sorry if it will take a long time to do it, and you don’t have to if this is the case, but if not, could you redirect me to a list somewhere that has this information?

Thank you!!! \(^3^)/
May I request a suggestion? Can you let them in order of how good or rare they are? If I go to get on from an auction or sell one for a good price, then I just want to know I’m getting what I traded for. Sorry if it will take a long time to do it, and you don’t have to if this is the case, but if not, could you redirect me to a list somewhere that has this information?

Thank you!!! \(^3^)/
- hazel 🐭
ey/she/them
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24