Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Nerd's Big Guide to Earning Big Money
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I post guides and investment predictions on my FR blog. I'm also happy to answer any questions you may have about anything money related.

I’ve obtained a ridiculous amount of treasure last week, so I thought I’d pass on my successes to all of you!

On average, I earn approximately 800k treasure on a casual week with these methods.

You can obviously earn money by playing games in the Fairgrounds, but you're limited by how much you can make a day.

I earn my treasure in 4 main ways:

Reselling
This is the best method of earning treasure if you do not have a lot of time to commit to Flight Rising.

Items
The most profitable time to resell is at the release of a new item. 8 hours after the release is the most efficient time to snipe/grind for new familiars and items! People will always pay insanely inflated prices to be one of the first people to get their hands on one of these items. New item hype is huge and you should be using it to your advantage.

Dragons
Especially with how prices are at the moment for triple-gene dragons, if you have the space flipping dragons is a great way to make easy treasure (and honestly, is great for pushing up dragon prices). The idea is to find dragons at exalt fodder prices (absolutely no higher than 11k) and resell them at a more appropriate price. Obviously success with this comes with a little experience, but a few things to look for apart from TG is double coloured, pastel, contrasting underbellies and non-plentiful breeds. Becoming familiar with dragon trends is essential for big flips.

Additional tips and tricks
  • When a new item can be obtained through the Marketplace as well as the Coliseum, always choose to snipe (unless this is something you don’t feel comfortable with). The faster you can get the item, the more you can sell it for.
  • Use Swipp’s countdown to refresh exactly as the Marketplace restocks. Those few milliseconds that getting the timing right are extremely valuable when there are hundreds of other people competing with you.
  • Zoom out the Marketplace to reduce any need for scrolling. Again, any time you save will determine whether you get that snipe or not.
  • Snipe beautifully coloured dragons in the AH as soon as they’re listed by 1) checking after roll-over 2) sort by desired price range 3) + expiration descending

The Coliseum

The honey pot. The cash cow. If you’re not dipping your toes into this pond, you’re missing out. There are three ways to make the big monies from the Coliseum.

Grinding
You should already know that you can sell the items that drop for mad profits. The most profitable area to grind is the Mire even though its familiars are more-or-less worth their hoard sell value. The Mire offers weak enough enemies so that your dragons can hold breath for a prolonged time, and enough experience that you can level other dragons. Kelp Beds is the most profitable place to grind now that Berserker stones have been fixed. Boreal Wood is also a decent place to grind because familiars sell for a good amount in the AH, and a Yeti drop (though very rare) is worth 800k, though unless you’re fighting the Yeti, experience is bad. Kelp Beds’ familiars are consistently worth a lot, but it’s generally not time efficient to grind there as even with 3 level 25s it’s hard to last very long.

Selling food (especially seafood) is an excellent way to bring in a steady income. You must sell in 99x stacks to properly cash in. Insects, meat and plants generally sell for 10k-20k, seafood sells for 15-20k.

You need a high level team (level 25 is ideal), but you only need two.
At level 25, you build should be 112STR - 13VIT - 46QCK. 2 Ambush stones, Scratch, Eliminate, 3 Berserkers and Rally is absolutely necessary to be most time efficient. Don’t worry about the price, these stones will pay for themselves.

Additional tips and tricks:
  • Food sold in gems will always move quicker because you can sell it cheaper without the AH fees.
  • As a common courtesy, NEVER undercut food prices more than one treasure or two. I often list mine over lowest AH price and they still sell regularly. Food is a consumable, and it will always be in demand. Do not get greedy.
  • Grinding during a festival is the most profitable time during the month. It's best not to sell Coliseum drops immediately afterwards because prices will have deflated.

Exalting
Buy at 0-5k. Relist in the Auction House at 15k-20k until maturity. If they sell, that’s around 15k profit just by having a hatchling sit in your lair for a few days. If it doesn’t, you can still train and exalt it for a profit.

I find the most efficient level to exalt at is level 7 for an approximate 11k payout.

• Items with lowest time left in the Auction House will appear first in price ascending. Before undercutting another player, consider just listing it for a shorter duration.
  • You can earn even more from exalt if you snipe cheap dragons from the Auction House.

Leveling
Level 20 dragons will sell for 200k, level 25s are worth 300k-350k depending on how pretty they are.

Level 19s, however, also sell for 200k and honestly sell just as well (if not better) than level 20s because of the achievement you can obtain for leveling 10 dragons to level 20. Personally, I prefer only selling my dragons at this point, but with a little more patience maxing out their level is another 100k for you.

If you are waiting on exalt fodder to mature, you should be making that 3rd dragon on your team a leveled dragon to sell. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t be doing this.

The only trouble with selling leveled dragons is that it takes time because it’s such a big purchase. Patience is key, but these tips will help you move leveled dragons quicker:
  • Pick a pretty one, obviously.
  • Rarer breeds are much more popular.
  • Think: this is a dragon that someone is going to hold on for a long time because they’ve paid so much for it.
  • If it’s not triple-gene, it must have excellent colours or be a generation 1.
  • DO NOT ALLOCATE ITS STATS. Blank-slates sell very well in my experience!

• Levelling dragons from pretty pairs you’ve bred is your best bet. Not only will you save treasure, but you’ve more-or-less guaranteed that dragon will never be exalted.

That’s it for now! If anyone has questions feel free to send them my way and I’ll answer them to the best of my ability!

Future TBA sections:
  • Dragon breeding and predicting trends
  • Investing
I post guides and investment predictions on my FR blog. I'm also happy to answer any questions you may have about anything money related.

I’ve obtained a ridiculous amount of treasure last week, so I thought I’d pass on my successes to all of you!

On average, I earn approximately 800k treasure on a casual week with these methods.

You can obviously earn money by playing games in the Fairgrounds, but you're limited by how much you can make a day.

I earn my treasure in 4 main ways:

Reselling
This is the best method of earning treasure if you do not have a lot of time to commit to Flight Rising.

Items
The most profitable time to resell is at the release of a new item. 8 hours after the release is the most efficient time to snipe/grind for new familiars and items! People will always pay insanely inflated prices to be one of the first people to get their hands on one of these items. New item hype is huge and you should be using it to your advantage.

Dragons
Especially with how prices are at the moment for triple-gene dragons, if you have the space flipping dragons is a great way to make easy treasure (and honestly, is great for pushing up dragon prices). The idea is to find dragons at exalt fodder prices (absolutely no higher than 11k) and resell them at a more appropriate price. Obviously success with this comes with a little experience, but a few things to look for apart from TG is double coloured, pastel, contrasting underbellies and non-plentiful breeds. Becoming familiar with dragon trends is essential for big flips.

Additional tips and tricks
  • When a new item can be obtained through the Marketplace as well as the Coliseum, always choose to snipe (unless this is something you don’t feel comfortable with). The faster you can get the item, the more you can sell it for.
  • Use Swipp’s countdown to refresh exactly as the Marketplace restocks. Those few milliseconds that getting the timing right are extremely valuable when there are hundreds of other people competing with you.
  • Zoom out the Marketplace to reduce any need for scrolling. Again, any time you save will determine whether you get that snipe or not.
  • Snipe beautifully coloured dragons in the AH as soon as they’re listed by 1) checking after roll-over 2) sort by desired price range 3) + expiration descending

The Coliseum

The honey pot. The cash cow. If you’re not dipping your toes into this pond, you’re missing out. There are three ways to make the big monies from the Coliseum.

Grinding
You should already know that you can sell the items that drop for mad profits. The most profitable area to grind is the Mire even though its familiars are more-or-less worth their hoard sell value. The Mire offers weak enough enemies so that your dragons can hold breath for a prolonged time, and enough experience that you can level other dragons. Kelp Beds is the most profitable place to grind now that Berserker stones have been fixed. Boreal Wood is also a decent place to grind because familiars sell for a good amount in the AH, and a Yeti drop (though very rare) is worth 800k, though unless you’re fighting the Yeti, experience is bad. Kelp Beds’ familiars are consistently worth a lot, but it’s generally not time efficient to grind there as even with 3 level 25s it’s hard to last very long.

Selling food (especially seafood) is an excellent way to bring in a steady income. You must sell in 99x stacks to properly cash in. Insects, meat and plants generally sell for 10k-20k, seafood sells for 15-20k.

You need a high level team (level 25 is ideal), but you only need two.
At level 25, you build should be 112STR - 13VIT - 46QCK. 2 Ambush stones, Scratch, Eliminate, 3 Berserkers and Rally is absolutely necessary to be most time efficient. Don’t worry about the price, these stones will pay for themselves.

• Food sold in gems will always move quicker because you can sell it cheaper without the AH fees.
  • As a common courtesy, NEVER undercut food prices more than one treasure or two. I often list mine over lowest AH price and they still sell regularly. Food is a consumable, and it will always be in demand. Do not get greedy.
  • Grinding during a festival is the most profitable time during the month. It's best not to sell Coliseum drops immediately afterwards because prices will have deflated.

Exalting
Buy at 0-5k. Relist in the Auction House at 15k-20k until maturity. If they sell, that’s around 15k profit just by having a hatchling sit in your lair for a few days. If it doesn’t, you can still train and exalt it for a profit.

I find the most efficient level to exalt at is level 7 for an approximate 11k payout.

• Items with lowest time left in the Auction House will appear first in price ascending. Before undercutting another player, consider just listing it for a shorter duration.
  • You can earn even more from exalt if you snipe cheap dragons from the Auction House.

Leveling
Level 20 dragons will sell for 200k, level 25s are worth 300k-350k depending on how pretty they are.

Level 19s, however, also sell for 200k and honestly sell just as well (if not better) than level 20s because of the achievement you can obtain for leveling 10 dragons to level 20. Personally, I prefer only selling my dragons at this point, but with a little more patience maxing out their level is another 100k for you.

If you are waiting on exalt fodder to mature, you should be making that 3rd dragon on your team a leveled dragon to sell. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t be doing this.

The only trouble with selling leveled dragons is that it takes time because it’s such a big purchase. Patience is key, but these tips will help you move leveled dragons quicker:
  • Pick a pretty one, obviously.
  • Rarer breeds are much more popular.
  • Think: this is a dragon that someone is going to hold on for a long time because they’ve paid so much for it.
  • If it’s not triple-gene, it must have excellent colours or be a generation 1.
  • DO NOT ALLOCATE ITS STATS. Blank-slates sell very well in my experience!

• Levelling dragons from pretty pairs you’ve bred is your best bet. Not only will you save treasure, but you’ve more-or-less guaranteed that dragon will never be exalted.

That’s it for now! If anyone has questions feel free to send them my way and I’ll answer them to the best of my ability!

Future TBA sections:
  • Dragon breeding and predicting trends
  • Investing

tumblr_inline_n2eawkJFne1s6uj4o.gif
@Nerd

This is a great guide! Thank you!
@Nerd

This is a great guide! Thank you!
@Nerd Thank you for this guide! It's really neat & clear :D Definitely trying out some of the tips you mentioned :)
@Nerd Thank you for this guide! It's really neat & clear :D Definitely trying out some of the tips you mentioned :)

Pastel Hatchery
*takes furious notes*
*takes furious notes*
~.~ Breeding dragons is great -- But spay and neuter your pets!! ~.~

❦ ❦ tumblr_inline_nczkob7FJg1rqb6ba.png tumblr_inline_nd18fbBTuu1ruxyq2.jpg ♥ ♥
Don't forget familiars! I tend to get 25k from mine since they keep shelling out chests for me. It takes a long time, tbh. (Also, taking your advice; I can finally start sniping!)
Don't forget familiars! I tend to get 25k from mine since they keep shelling out chests for me. It takes a long time, tbh. (Also, taking your advice; I can finally start sniping!)
o6FGGwX.pngGWb9eUn.png
ElKYM7J.pngjh3xPp0.png
mlHpBMC.png6mVFIuV.png
nWiQNX9.pngFObX7rS.png

x6q41j.png
8X2ZJTK.png
@Trippfaerie @catsociety @smaller
I'm very glad to hear you all found this helpful! : - )

@Coolkid I thought about putting bonding into the guide, but honestly I find familiar bonding to be a lot more time consuming for what it's worth so I decided to leave it out. I hope my tips bring you great successes (and even greater profits)!
@Trippfaerie @catsociety @smaller
I'm very glad to hear you all found this helpful! : - )

@Coolkid I thought about putting bonding into the guide, but honestly I find familiar bonding to be a lot more time consuming for what it's worth so I decided to leave it out. I hope my tips bring you great successes (and even greater profits)!

@smoothy
Pinging myself 8D
although my dragons arent lv 25 yet xD 18,18,16 i will try
@smoothy
Pinging myself 8D
although my dragons arent lv 25 yet xD 18,18,16 i will try
jfLmvwf.jpg
Hey nice guide, Nerd.

Ok I'm sorry I just wanted to say that.

For a lot of it I was going "hoho, I knew that, despite not using it to my advantage because I'm lazy! I am hip&cool!", except for the food thing. I don't know why I didn't think of selling my food, I guess it just didn't occur to me.

Anyway, I've been waiting for a guide like this to pop up, so thank you!
Hey nice guide, Nerd.

Ok I'm sorry I just wanted to say that.

For a lot of it I was going "hoho, I knew that, despite not using it to my advantage because I'm lazy! I am hip&cool!", except for the food thing. I don't know why I didn't think of selling my food, I guess it just didn't occur to me.

Anyway, I've been waiting for a guide like this to pop up, so thank you!
@Onionne ;_; I'm telling my mom.

I'm glad it could be of some use to you!
@Onionne ;_; I'm telling my mom.

I'm glad it could be of some use to you!

@Nerd

This is an excellent. I really like it, but I have a question about selling food. Do you sell it at its hoard value, or is there a treasure to food point ratio that you go with?
@Nerd

This is an excellent. I really like it, but I have a question about selling food. Do you sell it at its hoard value, or is there a treasure to food point ratio that you go with?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8