Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Basic Coliseum Build Guide
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I couldn't find it in any of the other guides I saw, but does anyone have the specifics on a Healer/Mage's stats and stones needed? I'm going to level one up for farming but I can't find a good list as to what her stats need to be by lvl 25. Thank you!
I couldn't find it in any of the other guides I saw, but does anyone have the specifics on a Healer/Mage's stats and stones needed? I'm going to level one up for farming but I can't find a good list as to what her stats need to be by lvl 25. Thank you!
EjfnLh8.gif
@Cymas... Funny that I just randomly came across this when googling ^-^ ... Do you have any additional recommendations now that som uch time has passed? Or any thoughts for other Dragons and the types of roles that they are best at?

I'm looking to build 1) A tank, and 2) a Mage/Nuke... But I think I'm gonna wait and figure out what the best element is to use, breed for that, etc...
@Cymas... Funny that I just randomly came across this when googling ^-^ ... Do you have any additional recommendations now that som uch time has passed? Or any thoughts for other Dragons and the types of roles that they are best at?

I'm looking to build 1) A tank, and 2) a Mage/Nuke... But I think I'm gonna wait and figure out what the best element is to use, breed for that, etc...
@jozo

This guide is old and not really optimized based on all of the work fantastic people with far more knowledge and patience than me have done. Look at Culex for builds and hayum's 133 str guide for high level farming. Hayum's also provides a good mage stat build worth looking at; I'm using it myself.

The best elements to use varies based on where you want to farm so there's no one best build for that.

Tanks aren't actually super useful in most Coli situations; this guide was originally written long before most stat builds had been tested and accepted as standard, so that's pretty outdated. I mean, there's nothing stopping you from making one, it's just much more efficient to use the current set of standard builds.

It might be useful in PVP; I don't know as I don't really play PVP.
@jozo

This guide is old and not really optimized based on all of the work fantastic people with far more knowledge and patience than me have done. Look at Culex for builds and hayum's 133 str guide for high level farming. Hayum's also provides a good mage stat build worth looking at; I'm using it myself.

The best elements to use varies based on where you want to farm so there's no one best build for that.

Tanks aren't actually super useful in most Coli situations; this guide was originally written long before most stat builds had been tested and accepted as standard, so that's pretty outdated. I mean, there's nothing stopping you from making one, it's just much more efficient to use the current set of standard builds.

It might be useful in PVP; I don't know as I don't really play PVP.
Hmm @Cymas OK thanks for the info. Yeah most of what I see as builds really only works for high level farming. I'd love something more PvP-oriented! But it doesn't seem like PvP is very highly developed in terms of peoples' abilities/interest and the site's capacity.
Hmm @Cymas OK thanks for the info. Yeah most of what I see as builds really only works for high level farming. I'd love something more PvP-oriented! But it doesn't seem like PvP is very highly developed in terms of peoples' abilities/interest and the site's capacity.
@jozo

You know, I've been looking for a PVP guide for ages, if only to satisfy the questions even this guide gets about it. I don't do PVP simply because if I'm doing Coli it's grinding or leveling. I get my PVP kicks from other games. It might be worth asking in the Help Center to see if anyone might have some tips for you.
@jozo

You know, I've been looking for a PVP guide for ages, if only to satisfy the questions even this guide gets about it. I don't do PVP simply because if I'm doing Coli it's grinding or leveling. I get my PVP kicks from other games. It might be worth asking in the Help Center to see if anyone might have some tips for you.
@Cymas
So I know that you said that AGI is a support stat, but I have a question I would like to propose in regards to a pvp build I have been working on, keep in mind that this build won't be used at all for coli farming or for leveling exalts, it is purely for creating an annoying team in PvP that can do damage and dodge a fair portion of attacks.

So my idea is to have a modification of a Blitzkrieg build, which follows this sort of stat distribution:
3 STR/2 QCK & AGI/1.5 VIT/1 DEF & MND

but to modify it. What would happen is we lower the STR and increase the AGI, we also remove all points from VIT DEF and MND, putting all of the stat points into STR AGI and QCK. The idea behind this is to get the STR on the crit build in such a way that a crit does as much damage as a normal attack would with the normal Blitz build.
Now I know that you won't crit every time, and you won't dodge every attack, but my preliminary tests of this idea in the coliseum have been proving to go well, I crit a fair portion of the time and I am hardly ever hit.
Suppose that after we applied the berserker stones we had the stats 68 STR / 59 QCK / 99 AGI, (maybe toss the few remaining points into VIT, DEF, or MND). This is enough to scratch eliminate a mammertee in the Kelp Beds provided that both attacks crit, and mammertees are one of the tankier enemies in that venue. The ability stones that I am thinking of leave a lot of wiggle room to substitute other ability stones, such as the defensive ward spells and stuff. If I were to continue to refine this idea, do you think that it could be PvP viable?
@Cymas
So I know that you said that AGI is a support stat, but I have a question I would like to propose in regards to a pvp build I have been working on, keep in mind that this build won't be used at all for coli farming or for leveling exalts, it is purely for creating an annoying team in PvP that can do damage and dodge a fair portion of attacks.

So my idea is to have a modification of a Blitzkrieg build, which follows this sort of stat distribution:
3 STR/2 QCK & AGI/1.5 VIT/1 DEF & MND

but to modify it. What would happen is we lower the STR and increase the AGI, we also remove all points from VIT DEF and MND, putting all of the stat points into STR AGI and QCK. The idea behind this is to get the STR on the crit build in such a way that a crit does as much damage as a normal attack would with the normal Blitz build.
Now I know that you won't crit every time, and you won't dodge every attack, but my preliminary tests of this idea in the coliseum have been proving to go well, I crit a fair portion of the time and I am hardly ever hit.
Suppose that after we applied the berserker stones we had the stats 68 STR / 59 QCK / 99 AGI, (maybe toss the few remaining points into VIT, DEF, or MND). This is enough to scratch eliminate a mammertee in the Kelp Beds provided that both attacks crit, and mammertees are one of the tankier enemies in that venue. The ability stones that I am thinking of leave a lot of wiggle room to substitute other ability stones, such as the defensive ward spells and stuff. If I were to continue to refine this idea, do you think that it could be PvP viable?
Currently looking/wishing for:
    Crystal gene scrolls
    Shimmer gene scrolls
    Glimmer gene scrolls
Hi! I think the pics are broken, can someone write a tank guide to water guardian?
Hi! I think the pics are broken, can someone write a tank guide to water guardian?
5891801a7bbcd5e9c6aeff9821d1e2fda0e1ee6c.png
hdWqAOO.png
zLwbKxI.png
HkP1Kx1.png
oaolHwW.png
9bc3d1022808dc564cb98e21609cdb28fde2cfc4.gif mtHAEL4.png
EB9jVcQ.png
0XHtpWy.png
Vs2WmBF.png
...What's up with all the "'t" used in place of apostrophes?
...What's up with all the "'t" used in place of apostrophes?
Used to be OmegaEspeon Please ping me!
Admit it, we all have our inner wild in ourselves.c483QDb.png
@OmegaEspeon

Forums have been rewritten a couple of times, and some of the older coding isn't completely compatible with the current one

This is a very old guide - here's the newest Coli basics one

Coliseum was updated this spring so all the guides updated before that have at least some outdated information. So if you are using forum search, I recommend searching by "most recent" instead of "most relevant". The latter is notorious at giving old threads first so it's actually less useful than it sounds

@OmegaEspeon

Forums have been rewritten a couple of times, and some of the older coding isn't completely compatible with the current one

This is a very old guide - here's the newest Coli basics one

Coliseum was updated this spring so all the guides updated before that have at least some outdated information. So if you are using forum search, I recommend searching by "most recent" instead of "most relevant". The latter is notorious at giving old threads first so it's actually less useful than it sounds

hWsjkHE.png
oh ok thanks again @Elaendorlien
oh ok thanks again @Elaendorlien
Used to be OmegaEspeon Please ping me!
Admit it, we all have our inner wild in ourselves.c483QDb.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12