Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Tidal Trouble: Custom Puzzle Guide
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="NavolaLeonheart" date=2015-03-15 21:49:49] [quote name="Shaenora" date="2015-01-25 07:11:06"]Rainbow Vomit should have been tested before approval, it's really frustrating one and quite impossible to finish (just waste 40 min on it and only managed to get at the last line).[/quote] Just to help speed up your point to the public, go forth and get a screenshot of the puzzle if you run into it again. Haven't had to (un)luck(iness) of running into that puzzle yet during my own hour long run but would be interesting to have another visual case of what NOT to build. [/quote] I found it! [img]http://i.imgur.com/B1ecuQP.png[/img] Scratched out the name so as not to have it considered a call-out. I got really lucky and cleared it on my second attempt, but even then there was 3 usable rows left on the screen!
NavolaLeonheart wrote on 2015-03-15:
Shaenora wrote on 2015-01-25 07:11:06:
Rainbow Vomit should have been tested before approval, it's really frustrating one and quite impossible to finish (just waste 40 min on it and only managed to get at the last line).

Just to help speed up your point to the public, go forth and get a screenshot of the puzzle if you run into it again. Haven't had to (un)luck(iness) of running into that puzzle yet during my own hour long run but would be interesting to have another visual case of what NOT to build.

I found it!

B1ecuQP.png

Scratched out the name so as not to have it considered a call-out. I got really lucky and cleared it on my second attempt, but even then there was 3 usable rows left on the screen!
[quote name="ElectricPegasus" date=2014-04-11 00:32:24] I have a feeling my first one will be denied.... [/quote] Lol same here
ElectricPegasus wrote on 2014-04-11:
I have a feeling my first one will be denied....

Lol same here
~I buy dragons born on October 6!~
How long should I wait after submitting before assuming it was denied and starting over? It's been a couple weeks.
How long should I wait after submitting before assuming it was denied and starting over? It's been a couple weeks.
forumsig1.pngforumsig2.pngforumsig3.pngforumsig4.pngforumsig5.png
Ah, informative. Didn't realise there was a guide for this, so no doubt my submission got rejected. xD

Oh well. I may try again some other time~ thanks for the heads-up on how this works!
Ah, informative. Didn't realise there was a guide for this, so no doubt my submission got rejected. xD

Oh well. I may try again some other time~ thanks for the heads-up on how this works!
O19lsuX.giftumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo3_r1_75sq.gifo9ICyXp.gif
@steelfoot I ran into rainbow vomit and it did take me many tries to beat.
@steelfoot I ran into rainbow vomit and it did take me many tries to beat.
forumsig1.pngforumsig2.pngforumsig3.pngforumsig4.pngforumsig5.png
I have played this game more than other fairgrounds games. I am going to attempt to make one. This guide is helpful. Thanks.
I have played this game more than other fairgrounds games. I am going to attempt to make one. This guide is helpful. Thanks.
TzfAhH6.png
[quote]How long should I wait after submitting before assuming it was denied and starting over? It's been a couple weeks.[/quote] ^This. I'm actually curious if the admins are even still approving the levels or not. Been waiting a long time to see if my map got approved or not. Also it'd help clear the que of rubbish if they changed the editor so that you had to play-test the map before you submitted it to the que. As far as difficulty goes this should keep maps like rainbow vomit from even entering the que for admins to approve, since the person making it would notice how stupidly hard the map is and either not be able to submit it or otherwise just decide to change it before sending it in. Not allowing people to build in the last 2-3 rows at all in the editor would also be a good idea, since no maps with orbs that low are (hopefully) not getting approved anyways. Little more work for whoever made the game to go back and edit the editor, but it'd save a lot of time going through bad maps. But ah well, game's still fun. I just wish there'd be less maps with patches of orb colors you can't even get to that are only there for artificial difficulty. It's rather annoying.
Quote:
^This. I'm actually curious if the admins are even still approving the levels or not. Been waiting a long time to see if my map got approved or not.

Also it'd help clear the que of rubbish if they changed the editor so that you had to play-test the map before you submitted it to the que. As far as difficulty goes this should keep maps like rainbow vomit from even entering the que for admins to approve, since the person making it would notice how stupidly hard the map is and either not be able to submit it or otherwise just decide to change it before sending it in. Not allowing people to build in the last 2-3 rows at all in the editor would also be a good idea, since no maps with orbs that low are (hopefully) not getting approved anyways.

Little more work for whoever made the game to go back and edit the editor, but it'd save a lot of time going through bad maps. But ah well, game's still fun. I just wish there'd be less maps with patches of orb colors you can't even get to that are only there for artificial difficulty. It's rather annoying.

Praise the sun! \o/
^^ Mine has been waiting for several weeks also. I followed all the guidelines for submitting it, so it at least should be reviewed at some point... is it because there are too many people sending in puzzles?
^^ Mine has been waiting for several weeks also. I followed all the guidelines for submitting it, so it at least should be reviewed at some point... is it because there are too many people sending in puzzles?
Thanks for Guide!
Thanks for Guide!
O B E Y.
6cpJCwl.png
Mine has been waiting for a couple months
Mine has been waiting for a couple months
1 2 3 4 5 6 7