Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to Train Your Dragon, By Duke
1 2 ... 414 415 416 417 418 ... 470 471
Bookmark
Bookmark
I'm trying to build a slightly beefy boss-killer for Golem Workshop.

Is there any particular reason to have a QCK of 50 for Golem Workshop in specific? The range in the workshop is 55-63, so you'll get your ambushes, and then everything outspeeds you.

I ask because if I take that QCK even down to 49, I can get so much more Vitality. With the fastest pack mob at a QCK of 68, and the bosses at 55, I assume the 50 is just so you don't get "lapped" in later turns, but 49 feels like it would do the same thing, and gives you 60 more health by way of 3 VIT points.

I'm sure it wrecks farming other zones to go too low, but if you're going to get outsped after your ambushes anyway, does a QCK in the 46-49 range change Golem Workshop?

I feel like 46 is a good floor, as 46*3 is higher than 68*2, meaning those Mistral Minions and Spellbound Golems don't lap you in the third round. However, if you don't want them to lap you in the fourth round, you need a speed of 52, not 50.

(The only other zone I really farm is Ghostlit Ruins, and I don't care if Aer Phantoms outspeed me.)

To whoever reads this and knows the mechanics of QCK, thanks in advance for your reply!
I'm trying to build a slightly beefy boss-killer for Golem Workshop.

Is there any particular reason to have a QCK of 50 for Golem Workshop in specific? The range in the workshop is 55-63, so you'll get your ambushes, and then everything outspeeds you.

I ask because if I take that QCK even down to 49, I can get so much more Vitality. With the fastest pack mob at a QCK of 68, and the bosses at 55, I assume the 50 is just so you don't get "lapped" in later turns, but 49 feels like it would do the same thing, and gives you 60 more health by way of 3 VIT points.

I'm sure it wrecks farming other zones to go too low, but if you're going to get outsped after your ambushes anyway, does a QCK in the 46-49 range change Golem Workshop?

I feel like 46 is a good floor, as 46*3 is higher than 68*2, meaning those Mistral Minions and Spellbound Golems don't lap you in the third round. However, if you don't want them to lap you in the fourth round, you need a speed of 52, not 50.

(The only other zone I really farm is Ghostlit Ruins, and I don't care if Aer Phantoms outspeed me.)

To whoever reads this and knows the mechanics of QCK, thanks in advance for your reply!
@Promatim

This guide hasn't been updated in years now, Maki’s Guide has the current lv25 builds and they should also be able to help you with the questions ^ ^

@Promatim

This guide hasn't been updated in years now, Maki’s Guide has the current lv25 builds and they should also be able to help you with the questions ^ ^

hWsjkHE.png
@Elaendorlein

Oh, thank you!

Interesting... they went with 133 Str, 40 Qck. That actually makes a lot of sense. It allows you to scratch+elim the annoying steelhounds, and the 40 Qck means you are getting lapped if a fight goes long - but really only by meditators, and how dangerous really are those.

Without knowing Maki's guide existed, I'd been debating all last night between this 129 Str, 50 Qck, 13 Vit build, and Spikenard's 127 Str, 57 Qck build.

I ended up exploring my own Golem Workshop build, and it's a little weird compared to all these dedicated glass cannons - 129 Str, 47 Qck, and 20 Vit. (Two Eliminators set up like this, and one mage Heal/Tank)

I've been testing it for a few hours, and it's a little clunky vs triple Steelhound, triple Monkey Wrench, but with 20 Vit, you have enough HP that your healer always gets to you. I haven't had a dragon faint yet, and that includes a run where the very first fight was a Stone Borer. The HP cushion has meant that even a crit from a boss just isn't that bad.

Before anyone goes and adopts my 129/47/20, it might just be worse than 133/40. (133/40 definitely sounds cheaper - Rally would be totally optional.)

I'm going to play with my 129/47/20's for another week or so, and if I continue liking it, I'll write up a guide. If I run into nothing but packs of steelhounds and monkey wrenches, then I think I'll test out the Maki build you recommended.
@Elaendorlein

Oh, thank you!

Interesting... they went with 133 Str, 40 Qck. That actually makes a lot of sense. It allows you to scratch+elim the annoying steelhounds, and the 40 Qck means you are getting lapped if a fight goes long - but really only by meditators, and how dangerous really are those.

Without knowing Maki's guide existed, I'd been debating all last night between this 129 Str, 50 Qck, 13 Vit build, and Spikenard's 127 Str, 57 Qck build.

I ended up exploring my own Golem Workshop build, and it's a little weird compared to all these dedicated glass cannons - 129 Str, 47 Qck, and 20 Vit. (Two Eliminators set up like this, and one mage Heal/Tank)

I've been testing it for a few hours, and it's a little clunky vs triple Steelhound, triple Monkey Wrench, but with 20 Vit, you have enough HP that your healer always gets to you. I haven't had a dragon faint yet, and that includes a run where the very first fight was a Stone Borer. The HP cushion has meant that even a crit from a boss just isn't that bad.

Before anyone goes and adopts my 129/47/20, it might just be worse than 133/40. (133/40 definitely sounds cheaper - Rally would be totally optional.)

I'm going to play with my 129/47/20's for another week or so, and if I continue liking it, I'll write up a guide. If I run into nothing but packs of steelhounds and monkey wrenches, then I think I'll test out the Maki build you recommended.
@Promatim

No problem ^ ^

Since you plan to do more testing, I'd recommend to check what Maki and Sylvandyr found out during theirs. I don't unfortunately have links, but they did (and continue to do) a lot of work for the updated builds and at least some of the data is available on their threads on this forum (including the mob encounter rates)
@Promatim

No problem ^ ^

Since you plan to do more testing, I'd recommend to check what Maki and Sylvandyr found out during theirs. I don't unfortunately have links, but they did (and continue to do) a lot of work for the updated builds and at least some of the data is available on their threads on this forum (including the mob encounter rates)
hWsjkHE.png
@homicidegarden

Thank you. This has helped me in the past.
@homicidegarden

Thank you. This has helped me in the past.
@ChickenDinner

Pinging myself for this in the future!
@ChickenDinner

Pinging myself for this in the future!
wugdsc4.png ---- - jtTH2PS.gif
-Lore
------ wFqHTqy.png ---
-Chicken
-FR+2
-she/Her
-Loves anything felidae
-Loves to draw!